Seriously no Playoffs thread? Playoff thread.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I think the one that gets me is Winnipeg. As talented as anyone on paper, had disappointed tremendously but were in the mix (on top?) in the division, lacked a real possession/two-way monster...and he’s from there!
What is so impressive about him is he is as good defensively as he is offensively, if not better... And he is an absolute stud offensively.

He is easily a top 5 winger in the league, for me. He went for a very cheap price with the extension in place. Ottawa, I'm sure, is pretty happy with what they got, but they could have got a lot more if more teams stepped up for him.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I'll regret saying this when the Sharks win the cup next year (or this) but damned if it didn't feel like their window shut tonight. Outclassed in a way I was not expecting.

I don't think they're very good and have them as one of my only upset losses in the first round (wtf Tampa?), but I've thought they were totally definitely donezo for like 2 years now so next year they will win like you said

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Just pointing out how funny it was that someone came out with the literal exact stupid narrative @geebaan was predicting would come up, and within four or five minutes. It is known that they're not a bastion of high-level discourse. Have you seen pictures of their meetups? All of their regulars look like they were born after 1997
Those lucky bastards, no actual memories of the Messier Era. :(

Also CBJ are hilarious. Tampa are disappointing.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think the one that gets me is Winnipeg. As talented as anyone on paper, had disappointed tremendously but were in the mix (on top?) in the division, lacked a real possession/two-way monster...and he’s from there!
Sens were asking for pretty much the top prospect from each team interested. Valimaki from Calgary, and Brannstrom from LV.

Who was the Jets top guy they didn’t want to part with? Veselinan? Plus they have cap crunch coming.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Teams are always way too attached to their own prospects, especially when it's for a borderline top 10 player in the league who's only 26. Good on Vegas.

I wonder if Dallas is kicking themselves now for not wanting to include Ty Dellandrea in an Erik Karlsson deal. They'd probably be my favourite to make it out of the West if they did that.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The way goaltending has gone in the playoffs you gotta look at shopping Marktrom and see if you can't get another 1st rounder.

Reactions: Lemmiwinks

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
Sens were asking for pretty much the top prospect from each team interested. Valimaki from Calgary, and Brannstrom from LV.

Who was the Jets top guy they didn’t want to part with? Veselinan? Plus they have cap crunch coming.

Cap crunch is coming regardless; Mark Stone becomes the Jets' best player immediately. Move out other guys.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Martin Jones somehow has 5 more years at $5.75MM. Pretty ugly stuff.

goaltending has the be the most stressful signing for GMs. A 1st liner fails, you get a 2nd liner or a 3rd liner. A #1 goalie fails and you get f***ed over because you can't win.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
These playoffs are incredibly physical, Ovechkin absolutely beat the shit out of Schevnikov. We need an effective power forward on EP's line.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Martin Jones somehow has 5 more years at $5.75MM. Pretty ugly stuff.
He signed that deal after 2 impressive seasons. Weird thing is that Dell the prior 2 years had similar numbers to Jones. And even this year his number mirrors Jones in being bad. Not sure what the heck happened to both of them.

Goaltending is the contract that you can’t afford to get wrong.

That’s why I’m hesitant to drop a king term deal in Markstrom this summer. Need as large a sample size as possible.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
These playoffs are incredibly physical, Ovechkin absolutely beat the **** out of Schevnikov. We need an effective power forward on EP's line.
Ovy wasn’t going to let the teenager just slash him. He gave him a shot back but Svechnikov didn’t back away. Ovy isn’t a fighter but he’s freaking strong. Has a good 40 pounds on the kid. Tough to see the kid get hurt like that.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Ovy wasn’t going to let the teenager just slash him. He gave him a shot back but Svechnikov didn’t back away. Ovy isn’t a fighter but he’s freaking strong. Has a good 40 pounds on the kid. Tough to see the kid get hurt like that.

Yeah, it’s tough to watch Svechnikov get KO’d, but he definitely pressed the matter and seemed to ask for the fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad