Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion: WC Qualifier - Edmonton Oilers (5) vs. Chicago Blackhawks (12)

Who wins the series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

NHL 20 Simulation

• Game 1: CHI [3] – [0] EDM

Game 2: CHI [4] – [1] EDM

Game 3: EDM [4] – [3] CHI (OT)

Game 4: CHI [3] – [0] EDM

:eek:

WTF. A team with the two leading scorers in the league and the best powerplay since the 80s will only score 5 goals in 4 games and basically be held off the board three of four games against the team with the worst shot against and scoring chance against totals in the entire league? And a goalie who had one shutout all year will suddenly get two against said high scoring team? Meanwhile the NHLs leading scorer only gets one point in the series when he has 16 points in his previous 13 playoff games.

I could see Edmonton losing, but not like that.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
WTF. A team with the two leading scorers in the league and the best powerplay since the 80s will only score 5 goals in 4 games and basically be held off the board three of four games against the team with the worst shot against and scoring chance against totals in the entire league? And a goalie who had one shutout all year will suddenly get two against said high scoring team? Meanwhile the NHLs leading scorer only gets one point in the series when he has 16 points in his previous 13 playoff games.

I could see Edmonton losing, but not like that.
I think all the games will be high scoring and our defense/goaltending will let us down. But being shut out numerous times? Nah lol

Reactions: Mr Positive

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I think all the games will be high scoring and our defense/goaltending will let us down. But being shut out numerous times? Nah lol

I love how that article is all about Chicago's blueline being the healthiest its been all season, and somehow that's enough to turn them from the worst in the league to league best allowing 92 shots in 4 games (i.e. 23.5 shots per games) despite one of the games going to overtime (though it only suggests a 2 minute OT).

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I love how that article is all about Chicago's blueline being the healthiest its been all season, and somehow that's enough to turn them from the worst in the league to league best allowing 92 shots in 4 games (i.e. 23.5 shots per games) despite one of the games going to overtime (though it only suggests a 2 minute OT).

Hey man, its not like we have forwards talented enough to score on elite defenseman and goaltenders...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yep. They didn't even argue their point well. If they were arguing that in the season series they were outshooting the Oilers and with their defense being healthy that's why sure. We also didn't have Yamamoto up for those games I don't think.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Yep. They didn't even argue their point well. If they were arguing that in the season series they were outshooting the Oilers and with their defense being healthy that's why sure. We also didn't have Yamamoto up for those games I don't think.

Plus, the Hawks don't have themselves being rested and motivated after losing a crap ton of games with us satisfied with a winning road trip and tired this time unlike two of the three regular season games this year. We notibably blew them out with 5 goals in the only fair contest in regards to travel / game importance.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Plus, the Hawks don't have themselves being rested and motivated after losing a crap ton of games with us satisfied with a winning road trip and tired this time unlike two of the three regular season games this year. We notibably blew them out with 5 goals in the only fair contest in regards to travel / game importance.
I wouldn't call 5-3 a blowout especially with the 5th goal being an empty netter.

The notable part of that game was it was a McDavidless game, although we were outshot by 10.

Chicago and Edmonton are much closer in a season series than I think some are giving credit for. With it being essentially a new season, who knows

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I wouldn't call 5-3 a blowout especially with the 5th goal being an empty netter.

The notable part of that game was it was a McDavidless game, although we were outshot by 10.

Chicago and Edmonton are much closer in a season series than I think some are giving credit for. With it being essentially a new season, who knows

100% agreed. It's going to be a tough series for either team to win. Neither team will outscore the other 13-5 overall in the series, that I'm very sure of.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
100% agreed. It's going to be a tough series for either team to win. Neither team will outscore the other 13-5 overall in the series, that I'm very sure of.
I pretty confident we sweep them, unless Seabrook's surgery turned back the clock.

I'm guessing in that nhl20 the Hawks ratings are a little too close to their 2015 expectation. Also, a player like Bear, Yama or Jones is likely very underrated. I haven't played that series in a few years but that was often the case

Last edited:
Reactions: bone

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
7657E7E7-29B6-4167-B9F1-009E4D8546D1.jpeg

snag

Feb 22, 2014
HtF are we ever beat this PGT? 33 pages and a few weeks to go? LOL

Status