Post-Game Talk: Series Discussion: Stars @ Blues

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Didn't most of the Dallas board jump ship to their own forum due to a dispute? I somewhat remember that conversation with them during the 2016 series

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Let them talk whatever nonsense they want.

I do laugh at the Binnington narrative they are trying to create. The guy was one of the best goalies in the AHL last season and again this season. He got his chance in the NHL and he has taken it. Trying to sell him as an AHL back-up is crazy. Trying to compare him to Hammond, who had proven nothing in any pro League at that time, is crazy.

Binnington can't sustain his numbers? Certainly possible.

It's just that if we're talking about unsustainable numbers, then the first number to look at is the .945 sv% of Ben Bishop.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I don't know why Stars fans are calling us cocky when they've been awfully arrogant in the main board thread themselves :dunno:
Literally the only cocky posts I've read about this series so far are from Dallas fans. Like the first guy coming into the thread saying we were like Nashville fans thinking it would be easy when it hadn't even been a hour since their team advanced and there was only like 15 posts that all basically said "so it's Dallas then" or "bring them on." So far quite a bit of arrogance & perceived slighting from the Stars fanbase, like they are trying to create a narrative Blues fans are the cocky douchey enemy lol.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Dallas fans seem to rank their defenseman very highly. I think they do have the best top pairing in this series with Heiskanen and Klingberg, but individually both Pietrangelo and Parayko have better numbers than any Dallas defenseman. What I really don't get is how high they rate Lindell, because statistically he is awful.

Reactions: STLomacneko

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Tough series ahead. I wonder if Berube would consider putting together a checking line of something like Perron-ROR-Sundqvist(or maybe Steen on LW, but I fear his foot speed would limit his effectiveness) to match the Seguin line. Then have Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko as our top scoring line(that they would probably counter with the Faksa line). That would allow the Thomas/Bozak line to play against the Spezza line and I like that matchup quite a bit for us. Fourth line could check the Hintz/Dickinson line. If that ROR line could do the job we would have a huge advantage. Tall task though.

Berube hasn’t really been one to chase matchups though so I’m sure he’ll just roll with what was working against the Jets, which is perfectly reasonable. If their top line is scoring in bunches then ROR with solid defensive wingers would be our best chance to hold them in check.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad