Game Analysis: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 2 (Series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If the Hayes grabs miller line can find some chemistry again like they had for good chunk of the season that could be a nice difference maker

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The negativity in this thread is totally out of hand.

The Rangers are totally capable of dismantling the Habs defensive scheme. Yes, the Habs have a better team than the Bruins, but does anyone else remember the Rangers completely taking the Bruins apart earlier in the season?

The Habs offense sucks. Their D corps is mediocre. And even Carey Price can't stop a huge amount of high quality scoring chances.

The Rangers should win this series, no matter who plays on the 4th line.

In the thread? It's been consistent throughout the season to be fair.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
In the playoffs it's all about match-ups.

I'm not a fan of Glass but I understand why AV is giving him the nod to start this series over Buchnevich.

Montreal added a lot of beef and muscle to their bottom six, most notably the 4th line (a common makeup of a Claude Julien coached team). AV wants to ease Buch into the playoffs. On the road, game 1, big physical 4th line? I understand where he's coming from in regards to playing Glass. I don't like it, but I understand it. It's not as bad as Torts scratching Brad Richards for Michael Haley to combat the Shawn Thornton/Gregory Campbell 4th line but I get it.

mti79

May 11, 2007
I have faith that this team is ready to go for the playoffs. Whether it's Glass or Buch on the 4th line should be inconsequential. I understand that Glass makes it an offensive void, but Buch is wasted there.

Our top 9 needs to be the top 9. The 4th line will be sheltered and in fairness, Glass could be hidden and players like Nash, Zucc, Kreider, Miller, hell, even Fast could be double shifted to keep Glass on the bench in important situations.

This team is going to go as far as Henrik will take us. Our offense is better than Montreal's. Our defense is along the same lines as Montreal's. Can Lundqvist outplay Price? Or can he keep us in games until our offense can break through?

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I have faith that this team is ready to go for the playoffs. Whether it's Glass or Buch on the 4th line should be inconsequential. I understand that Glass makes it an offensive void, but Buch is wasted there.

Our top 9 needs to be the top 9. The 4th line will be sheltered and in fairness, Glass could be hidden and players like Nash, Zucc, Kreider, Miller, hell, even Fast could be double shifted to keep Glass on the bench in important situations.

This team is going to go as far as Henrik will take us. Our offense is better than Montreal's. Our defense is along the same lines as Montreal's. Can Lundqvist outplay Price? Or can he keep us in games until our offense can break through?

how is our defense close to as good as montreal's? they don't have two absolute anchors in their top-4.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

You understand why AV put Glass in and then proceed to agree that Glass needs to be hidden?

Our defense is the worst in the playoffs.

By far.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You understand why AV put Glass in and then proceed to agree that Glass needs to be hidden?

Let me preface this that I wanted buch over glass but I think what he's saying that possibly in certain situations like late in close game we can double shift one of our top 9 guys in glass' place . Similar situation if buch was probably playing the same would go for him.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
It makes no sense to have Glass then if we're going to double shift a top 9 guy in for him. Give the ice time to someone who's actually had a positive impact to the team at some point(Buch).

And I just lol at all the bad decisions AV made with the lineup. Put in Glass for Buch, put the worst Top 4 in the NHL back together. And the speculation for Glass over Buch was ability to work on the boards(and Glass isn't even good on the boards).

If you want a guy who is better at board battling than Buch, just move Vesey to the 4th line and then move up Buch. Or move Grabner to the 4th line. Grabner - Hayes - Miller and their "chemistry" is not even good. They don't have chemistry.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Game 1 is going to be so important. NEED to dictate the pace of play and absolutely need to make sure they do their best to screen Price and take his eyes away. He will stop everything he can see. IMO the biggest reason for our struggles vs Price in recent years is because of a failure to make life hard on him. It seems every time we play Montreal that Price has a relatively easy night and has an easy time seeing pucks. Playing the high shot quality game we do you have to be very fine and perfect in execution to beat netminders. To beat Price we not only need to execute very well, but take his eyes away. Make it hard for him to fight through screens and deflections every time we take a shot which in turn will make him off balance in his game (relatively anyway, the guy is a fantastic goalie).

If we let him get his confidence going and feel that we can't score on him it will get into our guys' heads and it will be a very short series.

Ideally we get out to an early lead in game 1. Put 1 or 2 by him in the first and put that doubt in his head and the confidence that they can beat him in the Rangers' heads.

Don't let the Habs dictate the pace, stretch them out and use our speed.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Is`t just me or is Zib nervous and look rather distant in his last interview?
Zib and Nash need to produce 5v5 or on PP - if we`ve plans to win this serie.
I wish we had the coach John Tortorella to get the right energy level in playoffs.

I`ve notion that Jackets will win the serie in (6) this year vs injured Pengs.
I don`t like this Canadian matchup at all, and I wish we played against Pengs instead this year - Malkin is banged up too.

*It is what it is though, but I think it will be essential to take an early lead in this serie and in the game tomorrow.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It makes no sense to have Glass then if we're going to double shift a top 9 guy in for him. Give the ice time to someone who's actually had a positive impact to the team at some point(Buch).

And I just lol at all the bad decisions AV made with the lineup. Put in Glass for Buch, put the worst Top 4 in the NHL back together. And the speculation for Glass over Buch was ability to work on the boards(and Glass isn't even good on the boards).

If you want a guy who is better at board battling than Buch, just move Vesey to the 4th line and then move up Buch. Or move Grabner to the 4th line. Grabner - Hayes - Miller and their "chemistry" is not even good. They don't have chemistry.

call it whatever you want but there were stretches at two different points of the season where that line was racking up points. They were probably the most exciting line on the team to watch this season when they were going strong.
at the beginning of the year miller and hayes were almost averaging a point per game thru 20 plus games and Grabner was right up there in goal scoring with Pasternak and Crosby.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Let me preface this that I wanted buch over glass but I think what he's saying that possibly in certain situations like late in close game we can double shift one of our top 9 guys in glass' place . Similar situation if buch was probably playing the same would go for him.

I think you mean "AV will double shift Glass and put him out there when we're down a goal in the last 5 minutes of a game, or if we're leading by a goal in the last 5 minutes of a game and need to protect that lead."

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think you mean "AV will double shift Glass and put him out there when we're down a goal in the last 5 minutes of a game, or if we're leading by a goal in the last 5 minutes of a game and need to protect that lead."

while i was typing that post i knew i was setting the ball on the tee for someone to make that statement :laugh:

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
Habs fan here, kind of pissed about this series since I also like the rangers, never was able to get to hate them unlike the bruins or the leafs, even with what happened in the last series.

Just wanted to say good luck and let's all enjoy this one in all good fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia