Game Analysis: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 2 (Series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
20-21-36
10-93-61
89-13-40
26-24-19

27-42
76-4
18-22/8

that forward lineup looks good but could we see how the 10-13-40 line does? I would put Buch with zibby and Nash. if they could find even 75 percent of the chemistry they had for a huge chunk of the season we could have a ridiculous third line.

Seems like the only reason vesey is getting "top 6" duty is because he does play much better with Nash.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Also, does anyone think the Rangers are going to buyout their top pairing RD? I can't see that happening.

i'd say flip of a coin but surely better option than staals. His buyout is much more painful cap hit wise.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
The issue I have with the roster, by the time AV changes up the iced roster, it will be an elimination game or the team is on it's way to one.

If they win a game with the twins in the top 4D and Glass they are staying in, if they lose with them they are staying in and playing those minutes until the Rangers are down by two or three games.

The Habs are not the Pens, but even if the Rangers somehow get past them with the AV roster, that roster is not getting past a better opponent.

There is no progress made concerning roster choices, it's the same thing as last year, wait until an elimination game to scratch Glass, perhaps even play him over Hayes. Start the first games with Staal getting 20 plus minutes. This year Girardi too.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
If MTL are smart, they will just focus their forecheck on Staal and Klein. Girardi they won't even have to pressure at all and just kind of steer to have the puck. Heck, Girardi could probably be one of MTL's best playmakers in this series even if you leave him alone.

Then MTL will have a field day in this series. Anyhow they approach it, they will have a plethora of quality chances in our slot and a ton of blame will be put on Lundqvist/ Raanta (well not Raanta yet, because he's not the #1 yet) when they couldn't stop a tsunami. Watch as our defense skate around like headless chickens, losing their guy all over, leaving the slot uncontested and constantly be #2 on lose pucks, because they still really don't know what the heck AV is asking of them to do. I'm not sure he does either.

It's up to the forwards to win this series, offensively and defensively and as AV runs a La Playa neutral zone rush offense that only really works in the regular season, I really don't see how NYR comes out of this playoff series. MTL clogs the neutral zone and pressure the three stooges on defense and they win this series handily. Then add AV thinks it's a good idea to give the opponents a handicap by playing Glass, to neuter an entire line and things don't look that great.

If the forwards and Lundqvist play the hockey of their lives and the defense just ignores what AV wants them to do, we win.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Wait, how so?

The traded for Smith and Smith is in the top 6 as he should be.

i was also confused by that post.
hes in the lineup. just hope he gets top 4 5 on 5 minutes. we need his nastiness as well against some of the likes of shaw and gallagher.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Alain has made up his mind about Staal-Holden. He ain't changing it. They struggled together so terribly that Staal had to be moved up to the 1st pairing getting more minutes and forcing McDonagh to his offside just to shelter Staal and be the first man back to retrieve the puck so Staal's oil rig immobility can be sheltered. What happened after Girardi got back into the line up? Staal-Holden put back together. Staal-Holden continues to struggle but AV turns a blind eye to it because those two guys are great locker room guys and have earned veteran points. Start of the playoffs and what does he do? Put those two back together. He has preconceived notions of what's good and what's bad. He won't budge off of it. He likes Staal and Holden so he'll play them until the cows come home.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If MTL are smart, they will just focus their forecheck on Staal and Klein. Girardi they won't even have to pressure at all and just kind of steer to have the puck. Heck, Girardi could probably be one of MTL's best playmakers in this series even if you leave him alone.

While in Colorado, a ton of pucks were dumped into Nick Holden's side of the ice because he's losing that foot race 9 out of 10 times. Teams do exploit the weaker skater on a pairing.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Wait, how so?

The traded for Smith and Smith is in the top 6 as he should be.

The difference between Smith and Klein or Smith and Clendo wasn't worth giving up a 2nd and a 3rd. Skjei-Clendening was our best pair, Klein who is our 4th or 5th best D is scratched, and Smith isn't even in the top-4 where he should be. I would much rather have the picks, and Skjei-Klein or Skjei-Clendening.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Unpopular opinion but I wouldn't be dressing Buchnevich in game one either. He's the first guy to be inserted into the top 9 if there is an injury but isn't helpful playing with Lindberg and Fast.

Would I have gone with Glass? No, but I'd go with Hrivik over Puempel and Pirri on that line as well.

The Klein scratch is more surprising to me, though maybe it shouldn't be. The whole lot of Holden, Smith, Klein have been iffy. Obviously Staal and Girardi will always play when healthy.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The next article after that one from scrolling has 17 out of 21 taking the Sharks over the Penguins, so?
15019fb7bc4de3d7cfd67f297730dc47_no-respect-i-tell-ya-rodney-dangerfield-respect-meme-generator-rodney-dangerfield-no-respect-meme_449-460.jpeg

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
My point is he is not somebody the Rangers just grabbed out of the trash who no team wanted.
I'd be more than interested in seeing the list of teams that would've given Glass the money and term we did.

My guess is not many of them would've been contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad