Game Analysis: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 2 (Series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
lol Clowneualt gonna Clowneault

I can't believe some of you are surprised.

I'm not surprised. Just disappointed. His terrible lineup decisions make me hate this team.

Glass not good enough to make the team out of camp or get called up before game 60 and now hes starting in the playoffs.

Our worst defenseman (including the guys scratched) and hes on the top pair.

Hope this team gets ****ing swept.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
What do you guys expect the lines to be? Working on GDT for Habs board.

Thanks!

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello
Jimmy Vesey - Mika Zibanejad - Rick Nash
Michael Grabner - Kevin Hayes - JT Miller
Tanner Glass - Oscar Lindberg - Jesper Fast

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Nick Holden
Brady Skjei - Brendan Smith

Henrik Lundqvist
Antti Raanta

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm not surprised. Just disappointed. His terrible lineup decisions make me hate this team.

Glass not good enough to make the team out of camp or get called up before game 60 and now hes starting in the playoffs.

Our worst defenseman (including the guys scratched) and hes on the top pair.

Hope this team gets ****ing swept.
It's one thing to lose with your best lineup forward but to lose when your coach made horrible lineup decisions is a bad feeling.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
McDonagh-Girardi and Staal-Holden as the top two pairings make me very pessimistic.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
It's one thing to lose with your best lineup forward but to lose when your coach made horrible lineup decisions is a bad feeling.

Icing an inferior lineup for no reason at all. Buch hasn't played great, but he helps this team far more than Glass.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Guy stands at the podium yesterday and preaches about the importance of puck management, yet still has DG on the top pair. I'm holding out hope that it's a bluff and come tomorrow at 7, it's mcD-smith starting.

Smith was traded for SPECIFICALLY to play with McD. Just awful.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
Guy stands at the podium yesterday and preaches about the importance of puck management, yet still has DG on the top pair. I'm holding out hope that it's a bluff and come tomorrow at 7, it's mcD-smith starting.

Smith was traded for SPECIFICALLY to play with McD. Just awful.

Just like we got staal last year to be improperly used and how we got yandle who saw pp2 min and played on 3rd pairing

AV IS A JOKE

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
Glass is obviously a problem, but I'm arguably more disgusted by the prospect of Staal and Holden. They have been nothing short of a calamity when put together. I find it weird that AV has plenty of options on D, but is (potentially) putting out guys who played so horribly together so consistently.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Why can`t smith play with Ryan Mc. and put G with Skjei pls with milk & sugar!
G barely skates so he need someone who is fast as Skjei to cover when G is near the Canadian blueline! :)

I`m aware that AV honor Sather contract with G 5.5$, but he is not a top pair defender, and should not get top pair minutes in playoffs.

Last edited:

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
AV values likability over hockey ability. Only way to explain why Girardi and Glass see as much ice time as they do. The media like them, the coaches like them, their teammates like them, so they get the nod.

At this point there's nothing left to do but root our ****ing hearts out for the best possible outcome because AV is banking on this "switch" suddenly flipping on for the playoffs. Hoping for the best, expecting nothing but a 1st round flop. LGR!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Can't wait to hear about how they "didn't play their game" and "failed to execute."

AV EXCUSE TRAIN 2017 PLAYOFF EDITION

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
AV's personnel decisions are laughable. He has no ability to adapt his strategy to the players that he has. His in game management is suspect. Julien is going to eat him alive.

bigbluebird

Dead Eyes McGee
Jan 3, 2012
Hiding in PlainSight
bow tie says yes. 10 Molson logos in background say no.

lmao **** I already hate this series, but there's nothing better than hockey in the spring.

images

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Habs in four. Lundqvist continues his subpar season and the worst coach in these playoffs by a mile continues with the horrible roster decisions. No matter how many times they get blown by or cough up the puck on the forecheck, Girardi, Staal, and Holden will eat top four minutes and not be changed up no matter what. AV is more likely to sit Skjei or Smith for Klein at this point than move Skjei or Smith up the pairings. And of course, let's sit Buchnevich, Puempel, Pirri, AND Hrivik to make sure Tanner Glass fulfills his traditional role of fourth line boat anchor and makes sure Lindberg and Fast don't accomplish anything in this series. PLAYOFS! TOFNOS! HODOR!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The negativity in this thread is totally out of hand.

The Rangers are totally capable of dismantling the Habs defensive scheme. Yes, the Habs have a better team than the Bruins, but does anyone else remember the Rangers completely taking the Bruins apart earlier in the season?

The Habs offense sucks. Their D corps is mediocre. And even Carey Price can't stop a huge amount of high quality scoring chances.

The Rangers should win this series, no matter who plays on the 4th line.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary

The Rangers are totally capable of dismantling the Habs defensive scheme. Yes, the Habs have a better team than the Bruins, but does anyone else remember the Rangers completely taking the Bruins apart earlier in the season?

The Habs offense sucks. Their D corps is mediocre. And even Carey Price can't stop a huge amount of high quality scoring chances.

I completely agree. Lundqvist only needs 2.75 gaa and 920. save for NYR to advance.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Did we lose 7-0 in game 1 or something?

There was more optimism in the 1930s stock market crash

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
Very excited for this game. I feel game 1 will tell us alot about how this series will unfold. But if not, we also know most of the players on this team have turned series around before!

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013

Lindberg has been playing excellent hockey lately, and we're going to stick an absolute plug with him? It just makes no sense to me. Lindberg-Fast without Glass is better than them with Glass. They're probably still better than the Habs 4th line with Glass, but without him, that 4th line is even better. Could be the difference in a tight series. It helped in 2014.

The guy wasn't one of our 14 best forwards for 2/3rds of the year, and suddenly he's starting in the playoffs.. and for what? I highly doubt any of the Habs tough guys are scared of Glass. He's not going to deter anyone from doing anything. All we'll get is 10 mins of a terrible hockey player and a staged fight with Ott. That won't help us win.

The defense is a whole different story lol

Not trying to be negative, I just want this team to be at their best. It upsets me that we're not icing our best lineup. Some may disagree, but thats my opinion. We'll probably still win a series or two, and AV will think he's a genius.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Well I'm glad someone had the guts to say it. Reading page after page . It's embarrassing . And why are there 90 percent of posts on here about firing the coach when you can create a new thread or just post it in the AV thread? Are we even going to discuss anything about the upcoming series or game?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I am cautiously optimistic. I think this series can go either way. Both Montreal and the Rangers have had their ups and downs this season, as did the goaltenders. Question is who will come to play. If Rangers can get even close to their depth from earlier in the season, then think they have a good chance.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Well I'm glad someone had the guts to say it. Reading page after page . It's embarrassing . And why are there 90 percent of posts on here about firing the coach when you can create a new thread or just post it in the AV thread? Are we even going to discuss anything about the upcoming series or game?
Idk, I think the lineup fits that criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia