Sergei Bobrovsky - Top Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Hi all. Been taking a long break from the boards. Not sure how much I will be around, but now that we are back in the season I will check in every now and again.

As of 10/28/18

Bob: 2-4, 3.87, .872 ranked 52nd in the NHL
Korpi: 4-0, 3.46, .897 ranked 48th in the NHL

The biggest difference here is that the CBJ offense has just managed to be a whole lot better for Korpi then it has been for Bob.

These numbers are, shall we say, unsustainable.
Agree, these are unsustainable if the goal is to win........BTW, I like the Checkers shield avatar.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Hi all. Been taking a long break from the boards. Not sure how much I will be around, but now that we are back in the season I will check in every now and again.

As of 10/28/18

Bob: 2-4, 3.87, .872 ranked 52nd in the NHL
Korpi: 4-0, 3.46, .897 ranked 48th in the NHL

The biggest difference here is that the CBJ offense has just managed to be a whole lot better for Korpi then it has been for Bob.

These numbers are, shall we say, unsustainable.

IMO, the team is playing better for a reason.

Reactions: thebus88

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
why ? he is literally what the jackets are missing on paper

The game isn't played on paper. The fact that Colorado got so much better when he left is all the reason I need for not wanting him. We already have players on our team who don't want to play here. I have no interest in getting another player like that.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The game isn't played on paper. The fact that Colorado got so much better when he left is all the reason I need for not wanting him. We already have players on our team who don't want to play here. I have no interest in getting another player like that.

And if he wants to come here?

Duchene is not some insane guy. In the two shit locker rooms he's been a part of, there's never been any confirmation of his role in creating the problem. If there was any truth to Duchene the troublemaker it would be apparent by now. I'm sure at this point he just wants to go play for a good team, anywhere.

You can also talk to Avs fans about what made them better. Moving on from Duchene, who was unhappy, certainly helped. But they had a long list of reasons.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So, I take it the "numbers" don't "prove" that Bobrovsky is more valuable than John Tavares anymore??

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
They got better , because they have the best young coach in hockey . I would take Duchene in a heartbeat , especially if it involved sending Wennbergs salary the other way . I don’t think people are grasping that if Panarin doesn’t resign , we could quickly become a lottery team .

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I wouldn't. I don't want Duchene at all.

Haven't been a big fan of his, but we would know what we are getting. What we'd be getting is something we could use. The only downside is length of contract. Between he and PLD that is a pretty solid top six center group. If you don't end up with Bob or Panarin and you assume Wennberg is moved as a result, a Duchene contract is pretty easy to absorb. At this point Duchene would be an upgrade of Wennberg. To this point, Wennberg still can't be counted for any type of real consistency.

If he's around and things end up going where we think they are going, it seems like a fairly easy decision to make a play at him. You wouldn't be expecting a savior, just a top six center than can play top line without too much of an issue.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Would Bobrovsky play in Ottawa?

Would Ottawa pay what he would want to be paid?

Serious questions. But, probably not, for both.

I would love to get Duchene at this point. Especially if Wenny could be a huge part of the return. Wennberg+Milano+Carlsson….3 1st rounders...ahh a boy can dream, right?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Let's trade Bob and sign Steve Mason to a 2 year deal to backup Korpisalo.

Hahaha...

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Concerned fantasy owned, are bobs days in Columbus numbered? I saw torts' comments saying hes just riding the hot hand, he has done this with Lundqvist and Talbot before so I think that is genuine, but the rumors from friedman and general contract negotiations seem to point towards the end of Bob's reign here.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Concerned fantasy owned, are bobs days in Columbus numbered? I saw torts' comments saying hes just riding the hot hand, he has done this with Lundqvist and Talbot before so I think that is genuine, but the rumors from friedman and general contract negotiations seem to point towards the end of Bob's reign here.

Yeah his days are numbered. His current play might not really factor in that much, as Bob could regain his form and the net before long. But they don't seem to want to make the big commitment to re-signing him so a trade is likely.

And no big deal but Torts never coached Cam Talbot. As usual, Torts is legend, not reality.

Reactions: thebus88

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Yeah his days are numbered. His current play might not really factor in that much, as Bob could regain his form and the net before long. But they don't seem to want to make the big commitment to re-signing him so a trade is likely.

And no big deal but Torts never coached Cam Talbot. As usual, Torts is legend, not reality.

Haha oops, meant to say Biron. Talbot joined us the season after Torts was canned

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
If Korpisalo wins the next 2 games, 1 of them being "good team" San Jose..... and looks ok doing so.

Then what....?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Asked Bobrovsky some tough questions based upon reports from Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman. Had he provided the Blue Jackets with a list of teams to which he’d approve a trade? Is it uncomfortable for him not playing as much as he’s used to playing? Would he welcome a trade? On all counts, Bobrovsky politely declined to answer. Then he said: “It is what it is. I just believe that I’m one of the best goalies in the league and I just work. It’s a long season. I just prepare myself every day to come here and play hard. We’ll see what’s going to happen.”

Quote from Portzline's Detroit Game Recap in the Athletic

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It's possible he just lacks the language to offer the generic platitudes we've come to expect from athletes confronted with those semi-probing questions. But his lack of those kinds of answers is potentially demonstrative.

It sounded almost like one of those platitudes - "I just work" as in I have to focus on the job to do regardless if I'm starting.

Reactions: CPTN71

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It sounded almost like one of those platitudes - "I just work" as in I have to focus on the job to do regardless if I'm starting.

Indeed that one fits the bill. If Portzline did ask those other questions and they were not answered with individual platitudes... is potentially instructive.

He alluded to this in the radio pregame Tuesday. Something to the effect of "We don't know about Bob after this year and I need to start finding things out."

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

I understand where Torts is coming from and I think we will see more of this. It's just one more reason I'm sure any illusion of a Cup are delusions.....Everything tells me there is virtually zero chance Bob (nor Bread) will be here next year and as much as it pains me to acknowledge this, a trade needs to be made - even if it's for futures that can be repackaged to a non-playoff contender.

I question whether Korpi is the ultimate solution and maybe it's one of the young netminders in Europe. But we need to figure that out.

Edit: That was a good interview.....nice job by Rothman but give credit to Torts for being so forthcoming and expansive in his answers.

Last edited:

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I think all of this is utterly unhealthy for the entire organisation.

Its logical that Torts has to give more ice time to Korpi, but is the organisation willing to risk not making the PO this year?

Bob needs to get traded and imo its quite urgent. Its the only solution, quite a regrettable one I must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad