Sergei Bobrovsky - Top Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
--Dude is ALL OVER THE PLACE in his crease.

--Slow to react to situations, such as, quite simple passes and broken plays that are quite common.

--Major issue with pucks through traffic.

--Holes seem to be absolutely noticeable with Bob, with the goalie pads being reduced.

The same can be said for NONE of these in regards to Korpisalo. Not to mention the lack of bruise complaints.

Last edited:

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Bobs always been a slow starter. It’s not a coincidence that his two best seasons in Columbus came on the heels of a half season of KHL play and the World Cup, when he “started” earlier than usual.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

--Slow to react to situations, such as, quite simple passes and broken plays that are quite common.

--Holes seem to be absolutely noticeable with Bob, with the goalie pads being reduced.

The same can be said for NONE of these in regards to Korpisalo. Not to mention the lack of bruise complaints.

It's amazing how technically incompetent a 2 time Vezina winner who has save percentages of 92.1% and 93.1% over the past two seasons is compared to a guy who has save percentages of 90.5% and 89.7% over the same time frame.

It's mind blowing really. Bob has obviously been the most lucky goalie in the NHL over the past 6 years with such pathetic technique. He SUSTAINED the apparently UNSUSTAINABLE by smoke and mirrors. I guess his string of luck is over.

Boiled, baked or fried???

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's really early, but...

Bob's normally at the top of that chart; that's one of the first things to point to w/r/t his ability to stay on top of things. Right now he's rock bottom, and that's not an encouraging thing to see.

Hopefully that'll improve as the year goes on, but by every measure I can find he has had a horrible start to the season.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Not scientific but seems like Bob has struggled in past with too much rest. He is a work horse.
How this plays out I don't know. The CBJ are doing the right thing for the team in looking at other goalies more in this critical season. So going to be interesting to see if Bob can get going and how soon that is.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
3. The Blue Jackets aren’t thrilled with the rumour factory surrounding Sergei Bobrovsky and Artemi Panarin. So, without trying to separate fact from fiction, the situation with Bobrovsky appears… untenable. I believed the organization had the right approach in keeping both and going for it, since they have a good team. Panarin’s got nine points in eight games, and generally goes about his business. But no one within 100 minutes of Bobrovsky has a worse save percentage, and only one who has played more has a higher goals-against average. He looks very unhappy, and what Columbus must weigh is the effect it has on the roster. He has control over the situation with a no-move clause, but it is believed he has given an indication of teams he will consider. Even if you think Long Island is in Bobrovsky’s future, isn’t there some point this season he has to ramp it up to his regular level of excellence as proof of his worth?=

31 Thoughts: Goalies at odds with NHL, each other over new equipment - Sportsnet.ca

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I maintain that NTC's exist to prevent trades, not direct where you get traded.

If you want to be moved, you need to waive your NTC. Otherwise the team should not feel obligated to honor your request.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
He will be back on track.

It's his contract year, so the motivation is there plus I think his ego might be hurt now, hence he will work twice as hard.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He will be back on track.

It's his contract year, so the motivation is there plus I think his ego might be hurt now, hence he will work twice as hard.

I don't think anyone is worried about him working hard, I am worried that his contract situation has taken a hold of him mentally and he's stung by management not wanting to give him his contract he feels he's worth.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
When I see Bob's interviews I usually see a mentally frail guy. Given his age I doubt this can be improved, I also doubt he has it in him to be the starting goalie that can bring his team to the Stanley Cup finals and win it. And I mean on any team.

And I rarely criticize my fellow countrymen due to my hypocritical nature.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
When I see Bob's interviews I usually see a mentally frail guy. Given his age I doubt this can be improved, I also doubt he has it in him to be the starting goalie that can bring his team to the Stanley Cup finals and win it. And I mean on any team.

And I rarely criticize my fellow countrymen due to my hypocritical nature.

Curious as to how you can deem him mentally frail by watching interviews of him? How does bob seem mentally frail in interviews?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
So, without trying to separate fact from fiction, the situation with Bobrovsky appears… untenable. I believed the organization had the right approach in keeping both and going for it, since they have a good team. Panarin’s got nine points in eight games, and generally goes about his business. But no one within 100 minutes of Bobrovsky has a worse save percentage, and only one who has played more has a higher goals-against average. He looks very unhappy, and what Columbus must weigh is the effect it has on the roster. He has control over the situation with a no-move clause, but it is believed he has given an indication of teams he will consider. Even if you think Long Island is in Bobrovsky’s future, isn’t there some point this season he has to ramp it up to his regular level of excellence as proof of his worth?

31 Thoughts: Goalies at odds with NHL, each other over new equipment - Sportsnet.ca

The end of the Bob reign could be near.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Not scientific but seems like Bob has struggled in past with too much rest. He is a work horse.
How this plays out I don't know.

In the past Bob has broken down with too much work, either by injury or extended slumps. In the past we've overplayed him. Having said that he seemed to get the injury situation under control. There are a lot of things I would use to describe Bob, but workhouse isn't one of them. I've said in the past that Bob tends to get into his own head. It might not be the work, now that he's addressed the injury issues a bit, it might be mostly in his head at this point. It usually takes him a while to get out of his funks.

There seems to be a lot of confusion over Bob. For example "Bob's always a slow starter". Just last season.

October9960:57720181.97273255.9341
November111160:52731211.88328307.9362
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The previous season.

October7759:30331142.02232218.9402
November121256:18921242.13314290.9241
December121259:581200211.75343322.9390
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

We really tend to not remember things all that well.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
In the past Bob has broken down with too much work, either by injury or extended slumps. In the past we've overplayed him. Having said that he seemed to get the injury situation under control. There are a lot of things I would use to describe Bob, but workhouse isn't one of them. I've said in the past that Bob tends to get into his own head. It might not be the work, now that he's addressed the injury issues a bit, it might be mostly in his head at this point. It usually takes him a while to get out of his funks.

There seems to be a lot of confusion over Bob. For example "Bob's always a slow starter". Just last season.

October9960:57720181.97273255.9341
November111160:52731211.88328307.9362
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
The previous season.

October7759:30331142.02232218.9402
November121256:18921242.13314290.9241
December121259:581200211.75343322.9390
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
We really tend to not remember things all that well.

Your data doesn't support that Rest hurts or helps Bob. If so how? Again if you're going to quote me and say I'm wrong then please show data how I'm wrong, would love to be proven wrong.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Your data doesn't support that Rest hurts or helps Bob. If so how? Again if you're going to quote me and say I'm wrong then please show data how I'm wrong, would love to be proven wrong.

Probably because the data I provided was trying to defend that position. Feel free to read the post again and it will be quite obvious. If you want the evidence of "work horse" argument, feel free to look through my posts for the last 5 or so years. Cheers. I have no desire to spend the time on it.... again....

pled

Sep 7, 2009
just curious idk if I would do it myself but would any of you do anderson + duchene for bob + wennberg maybe add picks or prospect both side or whatever

but bob would never want to go there anyway. I just want Duchene in columbus I guess

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Korpisalo actually wonders from the crease all over the place much more than Bob. Relies on his athleticism much more than Bob so he's out of the crease swimming a little more.

Jake Allen got hurt and had to be pulled from the game for St. Louis tonight. If he's hurt for a while….Davidson obviously with his ties to St. Louis….2+2 equals?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
berube can backup. Kiv is on an amazing start in the ahl. vehvi and Elvis are amazing in europe. theres also tarasov and thome. bob is expendable. especially if it cost columbus the money to try to keep bread man. at worst they can always sign a temporary vet during the summer for a year there will be more than enough guy available.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
One thing I was wondering about in the Bob situation was goaltending coach. Clark left and was replaced by Legace. Bob's struggling. He's working with a new goalie coach. Clark is now in Vancouver.
makes sense. Now, it's up to see if he'll adapt to his new goalie coach or if management/Torts runs out of patience and plays Korpisalo more often.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Jake Allen got hurt and had to be pulled from the game for St. Louis tonight. If he's hurt for a while….Davidson obviously with his ties to St. Louis….2+2 equals?

I don't think St Louis has the chips to do it. They have cap issues so they'd have to send salary back.
I'd take Jaden Schwatz even up and retain enough $ to make it work. Doubt ST L does that. I'd also consider a package involving Robbi Fabbri, 2020 #1(they don't ahve a 2019), and a salary dump. Again doubt ST L does it.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Hi all. Been taking a long break from the boards. Not sure how much I will be around, but now that we are back in the season I will check in every now and again.

As of 10/28/18

Bob: 2-4, 3.87, .872 ranked 52nd in the NHL
Korpi: 4-0, 3.46, .897 ranked 48th in the NHL

The biggest difference here is that the CBJ offense has just managed to be a whole lot better for Korpi then it has been for Bob.

These numbers are, shall we say, unsustainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad