Sergei Bobrovsky - Top Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
They’d certainly have to be creative or possibly thrown in one of their higher priced forwards. I didn’t realize they were right up there on cap space with no room. If they have to free up cap space it’s really the only way they could do it.
I was trying to do a "creative" deal around a Bob + Wennberg package with at least Allen and Bozak coming back the other way, but I couldn't find a way to do it. They have no cap space.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Allen could definitely use a change of scenery.

It could be a interesting deal depending on who else is involved.

But Eklund is Eklund so.... :rolleyes:
He certainly seemed to excel under Martin Brodeur when he was the temporary goalie coach. A change of scenery would do him well in the right situation.

The way I see it, if this were to remotely work it would have to be Allen, a top 6 forward (probably a center), and a prospect to get the CBJ to take on salary and unload Bob. Schenn and Schwartz are the only forwards with bigger money deals that don’t have a NTC or NMC. I’m not sure they are particularly interested in moving them.

You’d be looking at around 10 million in salary coming back and 7.425 going their way if they were serious. We have the space as long as it is someone who can help now.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I really haven't watched much hockey this season yet. However I did notice that in the first couple of games he was getting beat high glove. I'm actually pretty tired of talking about him to be honest. The world will get along swimmingly regardless of whether he's a Jacket or not. Certainly my world will.

Reactions: CPTN71 and thebus88

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I really haven't watched much hockey this season yet. However I did notice that in the first couple of games he was getting beat high glove. I'm actually pretty tired of talking about him to be honest. The world will get along swimmingly regardless of whether he's a Jacket or not. Certainly my world will.

Then don't talk about him. EZPZ

Reactions: MoeBartoli

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
However I did notice that in the first couple of games he was getting beat high glove.

It might take a sec but people should go back and watch all the goals scored on him this year and tell me which goals he doesn't get beat high glove on and/or he is WAY TOO DEEP in his net.

Korpisalo is better. He is entering his prime while Bob is leaving it.

Bob is nowhere near Hasek's level or ANY other legitimate "all time greats".

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Food for thought:

Scoring seems to be up on a ridiculous pace so far this year. The goalies have new smaller chest protectors that Bob seems to hate because there is less padding and protection. If scoring stays up throughout the year, how much does this impact his and other goalies value?

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Food for thought:

Scoring seems to be up on a ridiculous pace so far this year. The goalies have new smaller chest protectors that Bob seems to hate because there is less padding and protection. If scoring stays up throughout the year, how much does this impact his and other goalies value?

You'd have to think it will take a few years for values to adjust. The question is does scoring stay higher, or do goalies adjust

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
You'd have to think it will take a few years for values to adjust. The question is does scoring stay higher, or do goalies adjust
In Bob's case, a team is going to have to make an educated guess based on his performance this season versus how others played when it comes down to it.when it comes down to it.

I know its still early and a few team still have low goals allowed numbers. New Jersey and Keith Kinkaid is on fire. I guess we'll have a pretty good idea how goalies are adjusting by late November if I were to take a guess.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Food for thought:

I'd think it would be to the benefit of athletic goalies, vs big goalies.

But scoring is usually up at the beginning of the year, especially if the refs are calling new things and making more powerplays. And a lot of teams, Jackets included, haven't figured out how to defend yet.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
So maybe the team's decision to split Bob and Korpisalo more evenly has less to do with who the future goalie is and more to do with the size reduction in pads and the fact that they are getting beat up each game.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Man this season is really making me feel much better about not signing bob yet. Between Korpi Elvis and the Phenom Fin we just drafted the amound we can save from letting bob walk to bring in a huge playmaker... man Im getting excited. I LOVE bob and he will always be one of my alltime favorite jackets BUT he likely is holding off on sogning because we probably offered money = or < then current cash. This season is giving me great confidence in our front office.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Man this season is really making me feel much better about not signing bob yet. Between Korpi Elvis and the Phenom Fin we just drafted the amound we can save from letting bob walk to bring in a huge playmaker... man Im getting excited. I LOVE bob and he will always be one of my alltime favorite jackets BUT he likely is holding off on sogning because we probably offered money = or < then current cash. This season is giving me great confidence in our front office.

Comments like this give me a headache. First of all, there aren't any huge playmakers available next year except for Joe Thornton(can't wait for all the but he's too old/injured comments). Secondly they are almost never available. And finally if they are available they'll go somewhere else.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Comments like this give me a headache. First of all, there aren't any huge playmakers available next year except for Joe Thornton(can't wait for all the but he's too old/injured comments). Secondly they are almost never available. And finally if they are available they'll go somewhere else.
Who said I was talking UFA?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
But might they available via trade? If Gavorik joins next year, we might be able to package a DMan for a forward heavy/defenseman light team (Toronto as one example).

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
"Who said I was talking UFA?"

I assumed that since you only referred to cap space as being the tool to obtain one you were talking UFA. I apologize if you were considering trading also. However in a trade to get a huge play maker you have to give to get so cap dollars being traded would be about even and you really wouldn't need the Bob savings, at least until re-signing.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Possibly. I think we'd make a good trade partner for Toronto.
The problem is they need an RD, think Savard has no value to them, think Marner and Nylander have roughly equal value, and that Nylander would demand Werenski or Jones straight up.

We each have something the other needs, but have a fundamental unwillingness/disagreement about what things are worth. HF in a nutshell.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The problem is they need an RD, think Savard has no value to them, think Marner and Nylander have roughly equal value, and that Nylander would demand Werenski or Jones straight up.

We each have something the other needs, but have a fundamental unwillingness/disagreement about what things are worth. HF in a nutshell.
Except that Nylander likely doesn't fit in their cap world.....who knows, maybe not even in our "willing to spend world".

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Except that Nylander likely doesn't fit in their cap world.....who knows, maybe not even in our "willing to spend world".
I'm a petty human. I hope he holds out the whole year, they refuse to trade him, and they flame out brilliantly unable to stop anyone from scoring on them. Granted, I also find their fan base one of the least sympathetic in all of sports, so.

Reactions: Monk

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I would entertain a Nylander for Werenski deal absolutely .

And a plus something to get Marner. Which realistically has no chance in hell of happening unless we give them Jones which has no chance in hell happening unless they give us Matthews which has no chance in hell of happening.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I would entertain a Nylander for Werenski deal absolutely .
You realize, of course, that Nylander has consistently been a 60-point scoring RW and is not showing much beyond that, and Werenski has consistently been a 40-point scoring D and looks to be capable of notably more beyond that.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
You realize, of course, that Nylander has consistently been a 60-point scoring RW and is not showing much beyond that, and Werenski has consistently been a 40-point scoring D and looks to be capable of notably more beyond that.

That post was in the middle of a bunch of “I’m worried long term about Zach” nonsense. That said, it’s early to say either player has become what they will forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad