Sergei Bobrovsky - Top Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
We all agree he's on the way out the door, that doesn't mean Torts is going to blatantly tank the season and not play his two time Vezina winning goalie. Will Korpi play more? Yeah probably. Especially if he gets hot.

See here's the thing, the Bob "fanboys" want people to believe the team cant win without Bob or with Korpisalo, but its NOT TRUE.

Even you admit, if he gets "hot", he'll play more. So no, they wont "tank" the season and continue to play Korpisalo if he's not playing well and losing games. BUT, if he is playing well (or better than Bob) this year might be the 1st year where they don't "automatically" go back to Bob, no matter what.

While I will admit, the set rotation for the 1st back to back games very well could be a completely "non issue", as it is the exact scenario that you would use your backup. I will however contest (like other are) that Korpisalo starting game 1, has nothing to do with him outplaying Bob in the preseason. I could be wrong, and Torts possibly changed the strategy this year, but starting the backup/supposedly weaker goalie against the weaker team hasn't been the "go to" for the team, has it? Its something we almost always talk about (which game to start which goalie) during back to backs, and I don't remember a "set" strategy tbh.

In the past, Bob has played back to back when he wasn't scheduled to, after playing "exceptional" in the 1st game (looking back maybe he started the 1st game more often :dunno:) -- It'll be interesting to see what "happens" if Korpisalo has an "exceptional" game against DET......

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Through all this talk about Bobrovsky's poor preseason I didn't realize Korpisalo had an almost equally poor preseason

Bob: 5.15 GAA - .819 Save %

Korpi: 4.44 GAA - .889 Save %

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Through all this talk about Bobrovsky's poor preseason I didn't realize Korpisalo had an almost equally poor preseason

That's not almost equal. You're in pre-season form still!

I have no idea what the big deal is. When I saw the schedule, I kinda assumed that Korpi was likely to get the Detroit game and Bob would get the home opener. Why is this a thing?

The Bob is overrated crowd doing their thing.

Reactions: Viqsi and thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
We'll see what happens if Korpisalo stops 34 of 35, or plays a 'lights out" game with the 'D' playing "safe is death"

#waiveitBob

Too soon...??

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
We'll see what happens if Korpisalo stops 34 of 35, or plays a 'lights out" game with the 'D' playing "safe is death"

#waiveitBob

Too soon...??

(sativaisthewaytogo)

Coach John Tortorella made the announcement Wednesday afternoon on 97.1 The Fan in Columbus. He added Bobrovsky, a two-time Vezina Trophy winner who’s unsigned beyond this season, will start Friday in the home opener versus the Carolina Hurricanes.

In a season of uncertainty, Joonas Korpisalo will get his...

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

A nearly 10% better save percentage is not remotely equal . But Korpis preseason save % matches Bobs career post season save percentage which is .891

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
A nearly 10% better save percentage is not remotely equal . But Korpis preseason save % matches Bobs career post season save percentage which is .891

And playoff save % matters why in this conversation? It was about their pre-season numbers, and they were both brutal.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Does Torts put the screws to Bob and start The Korpse on tuesday?

Me thinks things will start getting real interesting if he does.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Does Torts put the screws to Bob and start The Korpse on tuesday?

Me thinks things will start getting real interesting if he does.
It might prove interesting to see. You'd think it'd be Bob for sure, but Torts seems more impatient than usual for being so early in the season.

......why do I say impatient? Short with reporters (usually he works up to that); Already shifting lines including the first line; imbalanced TOI when there's a long season to go; already given up on Sonny.....Trotz waited til late to turn from Holtby, but Trotz has the patience of Job compared to Torts. So it will be interesting.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It might prove interesting to see. You'd think it'd be Bob for sure, but Torts seems more impatient than usual for being so early in the season.

......why do I say impatient? Short with reporters (usually he works up to that); Already shifting lines including the first line; imbalanced TOI when there's a long season to go; already given up on Sonny.....Trotz waited til late to turn from Holtby, but Trotz has the patience of Job compared to Torts. So it will be interesting.

I wasn't pleased with him scrambling lines so quickly. How do you preach to your players to stick with the system in tough times, when you yourself can't wait one single game before getting out the old line blender?

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
As we all know, Eklund isn’t the most reliable source but his Twitter today could make sense. He’s saying the Blues May be willling to give up a lot for Bob and not necessarily care if he walks because they want to make a serious run this year in the west.

Without analyzing the Blues Roster too much, I can only assume such a deal would be Jake Allen + other pieces. Allen has playoff experience and signed for a relatively reasonable price for another 2 years.

Thoughts?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Blues would have to add about 3 mill in contracts or Jackets retain some salary. It doesn't look like a cap friendly deal to me.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
As we all know, Eklund isn’t the most reliable source but his Twitter today could make sense. He’s saying the Blues May be willling to give up a lot for Bob and not necessarily care if he walks because they want to make a serious run this year in the west.

Without analyzing the Blues Roster too much, I can only assume such a deal would be Jake Allen + other pieces. Allen has playoff experience and signed for a relatively reasonable price for another 2 years.

Thoughts?

Jake Allen was so bad last year it put the Blues out of the playoffs. That's why the Blues want to trade him, and that's why we should consider Allen a dump. I'd only make that swap if we get one of their great prospects back like Kyrou or Thomas (and this is all assuming the FO is sure they don't want to pony up to Bob).

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Blues would have to add about 3 mill in contracts or Jackets retain some salary. It doesn't look like a cap friendly deal to me.
They’d certainly have to be creative or possibly thrown in one of their higher priced forwards. I didn’t realize they were right up there on cap space with no room. If they have to free up cap space it’s really the only way they could do it.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Allen could definitely use a change of scenery.

It could be a interesting deal depending on who else is involved.

But Eklund is Eklund so.... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad