Sergei Bobrovsky - Off The Case? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Asking for a friend lol...

What would be a realistic return for Bob? A first rounder? A first rounder +? Less than a first rounder?

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Asking for a friend lol...

What would be a realistic return for Bob? A first rounder? A first rounder +? Less than a first rounder?

Doubt if we would get a first.
My guess would be swapping with another similar contract plus a mid level pick (meaning we take on another expiring contract) then maybe get a 3rd round pick.

I just don't see Bobs value as high, but hope I'm wrong.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I just don't see Bobs value as high, but hope I'm wrong.

If you think you are a contender and you need goal tending, he still has value. The question is who are those teams. Additionally, if a contending teams top goalie goes down his value sky rockets. I haven't really checked around much to try and gauge value, I'll start mid-Feb. This also gives some clarity on our situation. If Bob gets hot and we're contending for 1/2 in the division the odds of us doing anything plummets.

We'd either need to bring in another goal tender or Korp would need to take things to another level for us to give moving Bob any serious consideration at this point.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
omg, Ekland. My hero. So Ekland was talking to himself in the mirror and his reflection told him this rumor....

Having said that, just on the surface Florida seems like it could be a thing.

Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018

What the f*** was Torts thinking letting Bob play against Buffalo. But fine, mistakes can be made.

But letting him play AGAIN yesterday is inexcusable. PERIOD. Most players, but not all of course, had two decent to good games yet the team got zero points. Both games were very winnable.

Im too scared to look at the standings. I really am!

Reactions: JacketsDavid

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
What the **** was Torts thinking letting Bob play against Buffalo. But fine, mistakes can be made.

But letting him play AGAIN yesterday is inexcusable. PERIOD. Most players, but not all of course, had two decent to good games yet the team got zero points. Both games were very winnable.

We are in the second wildcard spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
But letting him play AGAIN yesterday is inexcusable. PERIOD. Most players, but not all of course, had two decent to good games yet the team got zero points. Both games were very winnable!

Oh wow, I watched like 3 minutes of the game. I watched us give up a goal and turned it off. I had just assumed that we'd have let Korp play after the 5 goals against performance the other night. I didn't even pay attention to who was in net. Fascinating. I have no idea what is going on it Torts mind, nor the front offices.

I'll be honest, I'm more interested in watching the team after the deadline. This is probably the most uncertain period in the Jackets roster history. I rank this above the Carter or Nash fiasco's.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
We are in the second wildcard spot.

You know there is a very fair chance they are missing PO this year. Or have to face Tampa in the first round.

Id really REALLY like to hear Torts explanation on his choice of goalie during this week. And I like Trots.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Bob is currently a 3 gaa & .900 save pct guy. What do you think those stats would bring?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Bob is currently a 3 gaa & .900 save pct guy. What do you think those stats would bring?

It wouldn't surprise me if Bob has to settle for a deal very similar to his current contract-$29.7 million over 4 years ($7.425 AAV).

His past will buy him AAV, his present will cost him term.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What the **** was Torts thinking letting Bob play against Buffalo. But fine, mistakes can be made.

I can sort of understand why, since Bob's past track record is such that he's earned a lot of second chances. That said, I'm also mystified that he got the start last night.

Reactions: Facifer

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'd be pretty disappointed if he ever put on the CBJ sweater again.

The whole situation is sad. I miss good Bob and I miss being happy when he is in between the pipes. But this isn't fun for anyone anymore.

It really is a shame how his CBJ tenure is ending.

Some of it's on him, but the bulk is on the front office for their indecisive handling of a situation which was a known. Bob was desperately unhappy from day 1 of training camp and the FO and agent had a history of contentious negotiations.

But Jarmo and JD handled Bob a bit better than they have Panarin:eek:

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I'd be pretty disappointed if he ever put on the CBJ sweater again.

The whole situation is sad. I miss good Bob and I miss being happy when he is in between the pipes. But this isn't fun for anyone anymore.

It was obvious from the start of the season that Bob would be struggling and choking not only in post season but during the regular season as well.

I dont think its fixable by therapy but maybe by meds.

Ps. Imagine Bob's fury if he was advised to take meds and see a therapist.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
It wouldn't surprise me if Bob has to settle for a deal very similar to his current contract-$29.7 million over 4 years ($7.425 AAV).

His past will buy him AAV, his present will cost him term.

I would be surprised if he gets that much. Bob left Philly on bad terms and he's leaving Cbus on bad terms. Bob has consistently shown that he cannot perform when the pressure is on. Just look at his playoff numbers with Cbus and Philly. Also look at his performance this year when the pressure is on for his contract year. He underperforms EVERY time.

Reactions: Jovavic

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Bob was desperately unhappy from day 1 of training camp and the FO and agent had a history of contentious negotiations.

Its interesting and even fascinating to see the human nature. I mean the guy has a truckload of money, job security and a virtual guarantee that another very juicy contract will be offered.

Yet he is bitter and unhappy while all he has to do is look at the big picture and enjoy himself.

I realize Im being simplistic here but still.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It really is a shame how his CBJ tenure is ending.

Some of it's on him, but the bulk is on the front office for their indecisive handling of a situation which was a known. Bob was desperately unhappy from day 1 of training camp and the FO and agent had a history of contentious negotiations.

But Jarmo and JD handled Bob a bit better than they have Panarin:eek:

How do you figure? Panarin hasn't been willing to even negotiate from day 1...what else are they supposed to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad