Sergei Bobrovsky - Off The Case? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
When we left off here...

Davidson said Bob's contract is up at the end of the season and then if he wants he can go on his way but until then he is a Blue Jacket and is paid to be a Blue Jacket.

That's where I would be at too. Once he becomes a free agent he can go where he wants but until then he goes where the Jackets say and plays when they say.

JD’s comments and demeanor :help::eek2:

Makes it sound like he’s thinking about leaving the team and going back to Russia

If this post/speculation isn’t appropriate, I understand, but I really think Bob is trying to use a massive, mid-season contract offer from the KHL as leverage to force Jarmo’s hand.

In tonight’s post-game interview, JD was clearly upset with whatever Bob’s behavior was and his demeanor showed it. I think he clearly inferred that it involved Jarmo, too. JD also made mention that Bob’s under contract now and has the freedom to go wherever he wants after the season. But that he’s disappointed and stands behind Jarmo.

Keep in mind, Bob attempted to leverage a KHL deal back in Summer 2013 and we nearly shipped him off to Edmonton because of his antics.
Mid-season contract would require CBJ permission as well as IIHF....That's not happening. He would have to retire from the NHL to get it to work, which is again not happening.

Continue on continuing on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
200.gif

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
What did he say?
I caught the tail end of it.

He was saying that the matter should have remained internal. He said it was like broadcasting to the neighbors the problems that you might have with a family member. He said that the CBJ have one of the best goalies in the world and that this was no way to handle him.

Whoever his broadcast partner in the booth was looked a bit stunned and commented on May's intensity on the issue.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
so, what’s everyone’s prediction about Bob? what do you think will happen with his future? traded? if so when?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I caught the tail end of it.

He was saying that the matter should have remained internal. He said it was like broadcasting to the neighbors the problems that you might have with a family member. He said that the CBJ have one of the best goalies in the world and that this was no way to handle him.

Whoever his broadcast partner in the booth was looked a bit stunned and commented on May's intensity on the issue.
Thanks, if that game replay will be with Vegas feed i will try to catch it.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Brad May on the Vegas broadcast just savaged CBJ management on their handling of Bob.
also..to echo your thoughts that Torts has nothing to do with it, sounds like you were right, considering the comments JK made and his willingness to made everything public, it's JKvsBob clash.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
also..to echo your thoughts that Torts has nothing to do with it, sounds like you were right, considering the comments JK made and his willingness to made everything public, it's JKvsBob clash.

Kevin Weekes had reported just a few weeks ago that the situation between management and Bob had "deteriorated and become untenable" just a few weeks ago. Because he shared the same agent as Bob, most of the FOs blind defenders dismissed it.

To have 2 star players run out of town on a rope because of legitimate contract disputes within a few years should be unacceptable. Makes one wonder whether Davidson and Kekalainen are fit to run an NHL franchise.

Last edited:

PubOFH

Nov 17, 2005
Johnstown, OH
Again. Enough of the Russians. They always pull the "im going to the KHL" if they dont get their way. Columbus has been nothing but great to Bob. He has given us some awesome regular seasons and then laid a turd in the playoffs. He wants paid. I get it. But be professional and play for the contract you signed. This isnt the NFL.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Here's the deal since Bob is suspended he has virtually no trade value (or as some has speculated only way for us to deal him is for another goalie with an expiring contract that minimizes cap impact to team taking on Bob).
Essentially if rumor are true and situation with Bob was getting worse as season wore on, then we have successfully waited until he has no value.

Hopefully at some point the CBJ can self-examine themselves and ask why so many things go bad for them. I agree with many on here that making this stuff public doesn't help. Maybe pacifies some fans who want them to "do something" but overall hasn't made them a better team.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Again. Enough of the Russians. They always pull the "im going to the KHL" if they dont get their way. Columbus has been nothing but great to Bob. He has given us some awesome regular seasons and then laid a turd in the playoffs. He wants paid. I get it. But be professional and play for the contract you signed. This isnt the NFL.

As much as I can be critical towards some players from my country of birth I have to say that this is drivel.

Most Russian players never behave like they are narcissistic diva's and never threaten to go back to the KHL if their demands arent met.

The NHL has only a handful of russians and they surely bring a lot to the table. I mean in general.

I like your team on many levels and hope Bread signs a new contract and I also hope that this core eventually ends up lifting the ultimate prize in sports.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
MacKinnon for Bob with other pieces included. Both seem unhappy where they are and can use a change. Would need Bob to sign and trade, but I can dream.

Mackinnon unhappy in Colorado? Haven't heard that. But hell yes, I'd do that trade yesterday. Throw in whatever we need to. Ain't gonna happen though.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Mackinnon unhappy in Colorado? Haven't heard that. But hell yes, I'd do that trade yesterday. Throw in whatever we need to. Ain't gonna happen though.

If we could somehow add McDavid to Bob the Avs might go for it. I also haven't heard any unhappy MacKinnon rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad