Sergei Bobrovsky - Off The Case? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Depends very heavily on what those picks are. And having Reimer in the deal at all is not going to help.

Agreed. Don’t mind it, assuming the picks are quality, minus Reimer.

Like the idea floated by LeBrun to go after Howard as a Bob rental replacement (with potential to resign) for the push.

From LeBrun via Athletic:
“One team I wonder about is Columbus. If the Blue Jackets decide to move pending UFA netminder Sergei Bobrovsky (who has a full no-move so he’d have to okay any trade), no question GM Jarmo Kekalainen would want some insurance in net. Howard would fit that bill perfectly, depending on the cost, of course.”

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I’m having a hard time deciding what I would want from Florida in a trade for just Bob, if it doesn’t include one of Tippett or Borgstrom, one of which I’d want for Bread. Heponiemi is probably the next most intriguing prospect.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Brassard, Reimer and picks for Bobrovsky?
I could see that happening soon not seeing how Florida can climb back in they might hold on to Brassard and others as long as possible but Columbus might call their bluff and have them make the trade sooner than later. They have some NHL defensemen they sent down to Springfield I could see them throwing a few of those guys in especially a RHD and some picks.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
The new rumor is that Florida will wait and get him for "free" in the off-season. What other teams are showing interest in him?

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
it just makes me sad how Bob is going to go out with this team. He was the quintessential Jacket for so long and now people just hate him. I’m not defending his play or behavior, btw, I’m just sad about the situation.

Bob has (unquestionably) been the hardest worker on the team. By most accounts, one of the best teammates. He has grown up here, learned English here, and has been the sole shining point of light. He has earned the largest portion of respect from the league that anyone has on CBJ.
I will miss
a) his acrobatic saves;
b) his affection for teammates;
c) how he would applaud back to the fans when announced as a star of the game;
d) hugs.
I, too, am very sad.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Bob has (unquestionably) been the hardest worker on the team. By most accounts, one of the best teammates. He has grown up here, learned English here, and has been the sole shining point of light. He has earned the largest portion of respect from the league that anyone has on CBJ.
I will miss
a) his acrobatic saves;
b) his affection for teammates;
c) how he would applaud back to the fans when announced as a star of the game;
d) hugs.
I, too, am very sad.

It took some incredible "efforts" by the front office to turn a guy who obviously loved being here into a sour and sullen man and a third rate goalie. Managed to do it with a #1C as well.

I guess that Jarmo and JD have certain talents that I failed to see before.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I’m having a hard time deciding what I would want from Florida in a trade for just Bob, if it doesn’t include one of Tippett or Borgstrom, one of which I’d want for Bread. Heponiemi is probably the next most intriguing prospect.

Why would FL want to give anything of significance for Bread at this point? they will miss the playoffs and have a chance to get him for nothing in the summer..

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
And so will everyone else. That's why.

So what you are saying is that FL could part with a more or less significant piece of their team to have Bread for just a short while without any guarantees that he will stay.

I dont see it this way Im sorry.

I said it before and I will repeat myself: if he feels like joining Florida then Im sure they already know through his agent.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So what you are saying is that FL could part with a more or less significant piece of their team to have Bread for just a short while without any guarantees that he will stay.

I dont see it this way Im sorry.

I said it before and I will repeat myself: if he feels like joining Florida then Im sure they already know through his agent.
I'm pretty sure that would fall under the anti-tampering rules.

Reactions: cslebn

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I'm pretty sure that would fall under the anti-tampering rules.

Of course it would. But only if it leaked.

I have no illusions about corruption at the highest level in the NHL. Its fine not to agree with this

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Why would FL want to give anything of significance for Bread at this point? they will miss the playoffs and have a chance to get him for nothing in the summer..

Because Florida can’t compete with whatever the Rangers will offer him. If you want a legitimate shot at signing him, you’re probably better off acquiring him now rather than waiting.

Reactions: Sore Loser

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
It took some incredible "efforts" by the front office to turn a guy who obviously loved being here into a sour and sullen man and a third rate goalie. Managed to do it with a #1C as well.

I guess that Jarmo and JD have certain talents that I failed to see before.

The differences I see between RyJo and Bob.
Johanson was coming off his Rookie or bridge contract. Anyone would agree that he was not paid well to that point.
I doubt that anyone would argue that Bob has been grossly underpaid. His contract has made him a top 10 highest paid goalie for quite some time. I'm sure a large part of the contention has been over term, although I suspect that Bob has been asking for $10-11M as well. We may never know what it was that really pissed Bob off.

As you stated previously, both Bob's agent and CBJ FO are notorious hard-ball negotiators. My observation here was not to assign blame on one side or the other, but rather that neither side would budge an inch on who had the bigger pair. It has become clear that not much negotiation has occurred, so I have to assume that they could not even agree on a starting point, or find much common ground.

Without being privy to the offers or counter-offers, I still do not understand how you assign blame so easily.

Reactions: Viqsi

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Of course it would. But only if it leaked.

I have no illusions about corruption at the highest level in the NHL. Its fine not to agree with this

I'm sure if the Sharks had gone out and traded for John Tavares, they would have had a better shot at keeping him, than they did heading into the summer sweepstakes for him. In the end it may have turned out the same, but who's to say that JT might not have liked living in California and playing in a carefree hockey town, where he could be a minor celebrity instead of the face of a city?

Hard saying. But if you're saying that the Sharks wouldn't have loved him on their roster last year with a shot to resign him in the offseason, you're crazy.

The Panthers may likely miss the playoffs. But if they can get in the early running on a guy who has the skill to score 100 points in this league, I'm guessing they will take their shot. He already owns a condo there... why let us trade him to Boston and give him a chance to decide he likes it there more?

We will see what happens. Either way, if he is dealt, it's going to take more than a handful of draft picks and futures. It will take a top prospect, a first round pick, plus some kickers. If Florida doesn't pony up with that, someone else will.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad