Sergei Bobrovsky - Off The Case? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Just because.

CBJWennberg10 said:
Goals 1 and 3 were unsustainable.​
A quick reminder that I will remember these words later in the year when Korpisalo is starting in net in the 2nd round of the playoffs, after starting 45+ games in the regular season.

Hopefully the 'crow' goes down as smoothly as last year.​
thebus88, Oct 21, 2018

YOU GUYS ARE RUNNING OUT OF EXCUSES

55+ starts for Korpisalo and 2nd round of the playoffs.

Boiled, baked, or fried?​
thebus88, Oct 30, 2018

I bet Bob is being a pro about this. He knows he hasn't been good, and if he's the great goalie Bobrovsky he'll have the net back sooner or later, no problem.

That said Bob should be starting here. The team hasn't scored for him, but that's largely because he's started against stingier opponents while Korpi has started against the bad defensive teams. Break that pattern.​
major major, Oct 30, 2018

Ya know, this copy n paste thing is quite fun, and it seems to ACTUALLY get the point across.

Buckibry

Apr 21, 2018
Everyone want to know why (give up 3 goals or more Bob) wants out of Columbus! He thinks he's too big for small market Columbus! That is the easiest answer I can give.

Reactions: thebus88

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I guess you missed the part that he was not coming back into the game and that Jarmo is making mountains out of molehills.
What kind of crystal ball was used to determine that at the time? Bob very well COULD have had to come back into the game. I strongly disagree. NHL goalies do not do this sort of thing all the time.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
What kind of crystal ball was used to determine that at the time? Bob very well COULD have had to come back into the game. I strongly disagree. NHL goalies do not do this sort of thing all the time.
It should have remained an internal matter.

Goalies go to the dressing room all the time after getting yanked. Showering with less than 10 minutes left in a hopeless cause should hardly have resulted in the media event that it did.

Give me some odds of a team coming back from a 4 goal deficit with 10 minutes left and the replacement goalie getting hurt. 500-1? 1000-1? Probably closer to 5000-1.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Goalies go to the dressing room all the time after getting yanked. Showering with less than 10 minutes left in a hopeless cause should hardly have resulted in the media event that it did.

Give me some odds of a team coming back from a 4 goal deficit with 10 minutes left and the replacement goalie getting hurt. 500-1? 1000-1? Probably closer to 5000-1.
Goalies do go there all the time. They also, however, typically come back and/or stay available just in case of that extraordinarily unlikely event happening.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Could have been zero chance and it still woulda been a dick move.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Just because.

CBJWennberg10 said:
Goals 1 and 3 were unsustainable.​
A quick reminder that I will remember these words later in the year when Korpisalo is starting in net in the 2nd round of the playoffs, after starting 45+ games in the regular season.

Hopefully the 'crow' goes down as smoothly as last year.​

Your only chance of this happening is if Bobrovsky gets hurt or traded. Korpisalo isn't starting 31 more games this year. That leaves only 5 games to the backup goalie the rest of the way. Yeah, no. Wrong again bus.

Also, your Multi Quote ability is almost as bad as your hot takes.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
“I would say very little from the Columbus Blue Jackets’ perspective because of where they’re positioned in the standings, and the fact that they believe they are a contending team,” said Dreger. “It wouldn’t make any sense whatsoever to move out a piece like Bobrovsky, a two-time Vezina winner, a guy who gives you a chance to contend for that Stanley Cup.

“Now, the only way that this changes and Jarmo Kekalainen is forced to consider trading Bobrovsky is if Bobrovsky comes forward and says, ‘Alright, I’ve had enough of Columbus and I want out.’ He has the no-move clause. ‘Here’s my list of teams that I’m willing to be traded to.’

“Now, there was some talk of that in the offseason, but there were multiple conditions - at least that’s my understanding - that would have had to have been observed. I think that Sergei Bobrovsky wants to win. I think he’s committed - at least in-season - to the Columbus Blue Jackets.

“So unless something significant changes between now and the deadline, I don’t see him going anywhere.”

Dreger: ‘Very little’ appetite to trade Bobrovsky

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

What's the odds of CBJ winning the cup in 2019? It's not very likely (20-1 currently) should all the guys stay at home?

Listen it's fine if Bob went to locker room and maybe taking off his pads.
But showering.
Yeah he deservers this. He's a pouting lil entitle brat right now.
Before this season started I was fine if we could lock him up for 3-4 years at big dollars (but not 7+ years).
Good luck to him next year. Maybe someone will give him multi years but his performance plus this little stunt will likely cost him.

To be honest we're seeing similar things in other sports. Teams are getting smarter. Not handing out 10 year deals for $30M AUV. Manny Machado many people thought would be looking at 10 years and $325M. His best offer to date is reportedly 7 years and $175M. And he's 26 years old (right before peak baseball age of 27). Most deals signed this offseason are 1-3 year deals. Teams are getting smarter and have better tools to evaluate the worth of players and getting tougher and tougher for free agents each year.
Now as a fan will I see lower prices - likely not. So doesn't really help but it hurts the players.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

What is your opinion on what was said between Bob and Jarmo and between Bob and the team?

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Your only chance of this happening is if Bobrovsky gets hurt or traded. Korpisalo isn't starting 31 more games this year. That leaves only 5 games to the backup goalie the rest of the way. Yeah, no. Wrong again bus.

Also, your Multi Quote ability is almost as bad as your hot takes.

You got me dude, words do matter. I guess I went a bit bold on the amount of games.... or starts, eh? 45-55 starts is a lot. Could hit that number in GP though since Bob gets/got pulled so much.

Although, the point stands. Korpisalo will ends up with more starts and he could hit 45-50 if you include the 2nd round. And, I am fairly certain HE WILL be traded.

As has been posted, Korpislao's GAA and SV% are only .01 off of Bobrovsky's numbers. Korpisalo's record is MUCH better. 1 more game and there literally wont be ANYTHING (other than the Vezina's)) that will show Bobrovsky is the better CURRENT goalie.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

When did Dreger say all this? 1/16? Is he attempting to do Jarmo and JD a favor and downplay the entire situation and prop up Bob's value? Or does he have ZERO idea of what is going on and what the "team" is REALLY thinking?

If he would have said all of that in November or December, ok, but with everything that's come out now, does all that stuff not contradict itself?

And, what does this mean?

“Now, there was some talk of that in the offseason, but there were multiple conditions - at least that’s my understanding - that would have had to have been observed. I think that Sergei Bobrovsky wants to win. I think he’s committed.

------

“Now, the only way that this changes and Jarmo Kekalainen is forced to consider trading Bobrovsky is if Bobrovsky comes forward and says, ‘Alright, I’ve had enough of Columbus and I want out.’ He has the no-move clause. ‘Here’s my list of teams that I’m willing to be traded to.’

Has this NOT happened?

Has Dreger heard about the "gag order" and that, 'It is what it is'....??

He thinks Bob wants to win. He thinks he's committed.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
You got me dude, words do matter. I guess I went a bit bold on the amount of games.... or starts, eh? 45-55 starts is a lot. Could hit that number in GP though since Bob gets/got pulled so much.

Although, the point stands. Korpisalo will ends up with more starts and he could hit 45-50 if you include the 2nd round. And, I am fairly certain HE WILL be traded.

As has been posted, Korpislao's GAA and SV% are only .01 off of Bobrovsky's numbers. Korpisalo's record is MUCH better. 1 more game and there literally wont be ANYTHING (other than the Vezina's)) that will show Bobrovsky is the better CURRENT goalie.

Nothing like double down when you're already wrong!

When did Dreger say all this? 1/16? Is he attempting to do Jarmo and JD a favor and downplay the entire situation and prop up Bob's value? Or does he have ZERO idea of what is going on and what the "team" is REALLY thinking?

If he would have said all of that in November or December, ok, but with everything that's come out now, does all that stuff not contradict itself?

And, what does this mean?

“Now, there was some talk of that in the offseason, but there were multiple conditions - at least that’s my understanding - that would have had to have been observed. I think that Sergei Bobrovsky wants to win. I think he’s committed.

------

Has this NOT happened?

Has Dreger heard about the "gag order" and that, 'It is what it is'....??

He thinks Bob wants to win. He thinks he's committed.

He said it yesterday on TSN radio.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is an Official Mod Request.

Folks, let's try to cut down on the "gotcha" and "told you so" type comments a bit. We try to be fairly laid-back here, but there's some worry of things turning really toxic over it and nobody wants to see that happen. Okay? Okay. :thumbu:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So, simple solution , let him ride lots of pine , behind Korpi the rest of the season . Dude must be a spoiled child . The organization has treated him very well , and paid him even better . It’s a business Sergi , grow up

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Been following hockey for 25+ years, including several seasons sitting in the first row, right behind a junior team's bench.

I've seen goalies pulled literally hundreds of times and aside from Patrick Roy demanding to be traded in 1995, I've never seen a goalie react poorly enough for the team to take action.

This sort of thing does not happen all the time. At worst you might see a guy break a stick or knock something over. You never see someone leave, grab a shower, and pout about it.

Clearly Bobrovsky has head issues. That's been his downfall throughout his career. That's also why he's refusing to re-sign; let's not overlook the fact that the team asked him to see a shrink and it offended him.

Headcase means no playoff wins. Headcase also being the reason he's refusing to sign a new contract. I don't see where the team could have handled him any differently.

Reactions: EspenK and thebus88

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
This is an Official Mod Request.

Folks, let's try to cut down on the "gotcha" and "told you so" type comments a bit. We try to be fairly laid-back here, but there's some worry of things turning really toxic over it and nobody wants to see that happen. Okay? Okay. :thumbu:

Oh yeah? Well the jerk store called and they are out of you!! Is that better?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh yeah? Well the jerk store called and they are out of you!! Is that better?
trouble.gif

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I will make a prediction.

After Bobrovsky is gone from the Columbus Blue Jackets, one side will publicly tell what they said or told the other side, and the other side will deny it, or have a story that is about a 180 from the original version.

Reactions: Sore Loser

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Clearly Bobrovsky has head issues. That's been his downfall throughout his career. That's also why he's refusing to re-sign; let's not overlook the fact that the team asked him to see a shrink and it offended him.

Headcase means no playoff wins. Headcase also being the reason he's refusing to sign a new contract. I don't see where the team could have handled him any differently.

A few thoughts.

1. I think it's possible that "headcase means no playoff wins" should be more like "no playoff wins means headcase". I never thought Bob was a headcase until more recently. Bob played how many years for us before we ever used such words? I seem to remember him being considered unusually well-composed for a goaltender. I think it's precisely because he's such an incredibly hard worker that he takes things so hard. My lazy students aren't the ones who get offended if I question their mindset.

2. The suggestion to see a shrink came first after the Penguins series (where Bob played poorly), and Bob seemed receptive. He seemed to think it might be helpful. It was after the Caps series (where I argue Bob did not play poorly) that he was very upset about the question, presumably because he hates taking the blame for a team failure. He didn't give up a playoff OT goal through 2 OT's and half an hour into game 3 OT, and somehow he's painted as too mentally fragile for the playoffs. I'm not buying it.

3. What could the team have done differently? The guy has carried the team on his back for so long, won us countless games that we had no business winning. Here's a suggestion - don't blab to the press about his psyche. When the team fails, don't dump on Bob. Imagine giving your all and then after the group fails, you're reading in the paper your boss speculating about the strength of your psyche. I'd like to see how many headcases we have in that situation.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
3. What could the team have done differently? The guy has carried the team on his back for so long, won us countless games that we had no business winning.

BS, and proof of why I feel the way I do about Bob in relation to the team.

10's of millions of reasons why i dont feel bad for Bob for anything, and glad that his true colors are coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->