Sergei Bobrovsky - Off The Case? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I also continue to take issue with presumptions that have come up w/r/t "we need to get rid of Bob Right ****ing Now".

I have to ask, what type of history do you have on ANY sort of "competitive" sports team?

Without it, I really don't think you have an acceptable appreciation for the concept of "team chemistry", and how an important player position, like goalie, quarterback, or pitcher can actually magnify the "impact" or "damage" the lack of chemistry can have on an entire team.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I have to ask, what type of history do you have on ANY sort of "competitive" sports team?
I played soccer on several teams as a kid on multiple championship teams (named MVP on one of them; I was a fullback, generally on the right), wrestled in high school, and one summer helped out with a friend's kid's soccer team (albeit briefly).

I get how that sort of thing can happen. I also think it's seriously overblown in this case, in no small part due to the fact that the team is still performing and getting wins.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
You're telling me that no goalies ever go to the showers when pulled with 10 minutes left in a hopeless game? Stop it.

It was a minor matter which should have been handled internally.

What if this is just 1 of the many "little" issues, that have in the past and are surrounding Bob (and the team) currently??

If your answer is: Trade him, or should have traded him already, I AGREE.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Exactly what? Vezina is a personal accomplishment and not a requirement for the team to win a Cup.

The point is that the team couldn't possibly be better, because we wouldn't have an equal goalie, because no goalie available will have won multiple Vezina's. Yes, its a dumb point.

I know its not easy to follow everybody's opinions on each separate topic, but I really couldn't be much more anti-Bob if I tried.

Quite frankly, as of January 2019 and possibly "much" earlier, Korpisalo is a BETTER goalie than Bobrovsky. Cap hits ignored.

If given the chance to play an "equal" or similar amount of games his GAA and SV% will "normalize" and show this, just like in 15/16.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

You know my Mom tries that by saying I don't have a kid so I can't appreciate what's it like to be a parent. It's a garbage position. Observation and research can give you an appreciation of the value.

Truth is you don't know any more about the internal team dynamics than any of us do. We have no idea how important Bob is to team chemistry nor his leadership role. What we've seen is that he and his players seem to get along pretty well (Foligno hugs). That doesn't mean he would be missed in the locker room beyond what they would feel for any other long time team member that left.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The point is that the team couldn't possibly be better, because we wouldn't have an equal goalie, because no goalie available will have won multiple Vezina's. Yes, its a dumb point..

Are you arguing with me or being sarcastic to the pro-Bob crowd? If you arguing with me, it's an overly simplistic position that doesn't even hold up to casual scrutiny.

I think I'm starting to get a feel of where you are going with this reading over everything again. I think the team has left us in a precarious position. The front office and Bob are going to do what they are going to do. Signing him or not signing him has very severe risks.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
What if this is just 1 of the many "little" issues, that have in the past and are surrounding Bob (and the team) currently??

If your answer is: Trade him, or should have traded him already, I AGREE.

I wouldn't doubt that in the least.

Jarmo should have traded him when the negotiations hit an impasse over the summer. It has played out in a manner which was predictable. Not good managing this "asset". Now his trade value is less than it was.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I wouldn't doubt that in the least.

Jarmo should have traded him when the negotiations hit an impasse over the summer. It has played out in a manner which was predictable. Not good managing this "asset". Now his trade value is less than it was.

REMEMBER, and I know this will be Jarmo's fault also, BUT he also has and had a full NMC. So the decision or trade possibilities were and are up to Bob. This idea that his "trade value" took a HUGE HIT in all of this might not actually be that true.

Again, and I think somebody else mentioned it also, I think making all of THIS public, is actually a "negotiation tactic" from Jarmo, hoping Bob's opens up his list.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I think the team has left us in a precarious position. The front office and Bob are going to do what they are going to do. Signing him or not signing him has very severe risks.

Yes, I believe the CBJ organization is responsible for Bobrovsky's perception and reputation. Both the undeserved in the past, and now, the deserved.

And yes, this really is the only BIG thing I think Jarmo and JD messed up on. I'm not sure they could have seen him becoming this "disgruntled", but really, the red flags WERE there. Throughout the summer and into training camp and preseason. People forget his preseason play also.

I will say though, there is NO CHANCE that either Bob or the team/Jarmo are even THINKING about him re-signing after this year.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
grain of salt, but sent to me

now a more solid source

Attachments

• 50839938_1187265301454074_4895843988193411072_n.jpg
    50839938_1187265301454074_4895843988193411072_n.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71 and thebus88

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The less I see of Bobrovsky in our net the better.... Don't get me wrong, I like Bob, great guy but it's business and you're not getting it done!!!!

It's not mgt, fans or player issues it's you Bob...… sorry.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Perhaps this is why the team seems to play much better in front of Korpi? Wonder what happened to make Bob sour so much on Columbus? Surely it's not just the sports psychologist remark?

Reactions: CPTN71 and thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Perhaps this is why the team seems to play much better in front of Korpi? Wonder what happened to make Bob sour so much on Columbus? Surely it's not just the sports psychologist remark?

I think that was the start of it. I don't think he's liked his prior negotiations with the team when his contract was up, maybe a sense of "You never believed in me enough." I also believe he feels he's been blamed too much by the FO and Torts for the post-season failures, or at least they haven't come to his defense like he wanted.

brianhatesu

Aug 8, 2003
Dayton
Visit site
I think that was the start of it. I don't think he's liked his prior negotiations with the team when his contract was up, maybe a sense of "You never believed in me enough." I also believe he feels he's been blamed too much by the FO and Torts for the post-season failures, or at least they haven't come to his defense like he wanted.
I think that’s a lot of it. He’s not the only reason we’re losing in the playoffs, but that’s the FO only solution is Bob gotta play better. I have serious doubts in there ability to run this team if they honestly believe that they were going to make a legit playoff run with the only addition being Nash.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
They delay the game for a few minutes or use the EBUG in the building.

Would the EBUG be available to the Jackets in this case? I thought it was in case both of a team’s goaltenders were injured. Not sure temper tantrum would qualify. My guess would be delay of game and additional unsportsmanlike penalty for Bob while they wait for him to dress and do his freakin’ JOB.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

I've posted this before, but he was one of the highest paid goaltenders in the NHL when he signed his last contract. He has nothing to complain about when it comes to how much he has been paid.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Is it really news that a player with NMC has provided his list of teams he would waive for months ago?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Would the EBUG be available to the Jackets in this case? I thought it was in case both of a team’s goaltenders were injured. Not sure temper tantrum would qualify. My guess would be delay of game and additional unsportsmanlike penalty for Bob while they wait for him to dress and do his freakin’ JOB.

I'd think that this would be the likely outcome.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Told ya so, ha.

"It is what it is"

You may have a legit "told ya so" moment on this one. Still just a touch premature, but looking good at this moment in time (01/16/2019). The Wennberg "told ya so" moment is a little lackluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->