TSN: Seravalli: Flames trying to get a right-shot winger

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
How about: Donskoi (+ pick?) for Mangiapane + Rittich ($1.275m retained)?

Cap going each way is a balanced. Calgary get a RHS RW. Avs get a rental backup gaolie and 3LW, enabling Compher to move back to 3RW (with a 3C added in another trade).
i wouldn't trade Mangiapane for Donskoi. Mangiapane has far more upside, is cost controlled and is a workhorse. I like Donskoi but not at this price.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Top 5 protected or becomes 2022 1st. I dont think I could get on board with that considering how deep the draft will be and chances of it becoming a lottery pick.
well ya I assumed flames would prefer unprotected this year and not risk losing a high 2022 pick

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Rakkell or Armia the most attractive names tossed in this thread so far!
Not sure I would include the flames 1st in either deal.

Would include an unprotected flames first in a deal for someone like Forsberg though.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Bennett for Armia seems like the winner for me. Let's make this happen.

I also don't mind the idea of Bennett + Backlund +2nd or similar for Armia + Danault?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
i wouldn't trade Mangiapane for Donskoi. Mangiapane has far more upside, is cost controlled and is a workhorse. I like Donskoi but not at this price.
Just out of curiosity what would you offer for Donskoi?

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Now that Sutter is the Head Coach, I expect he will have input to the type of player acquired or even traded from the squad. I think he'll get Bennett back in the line-up somehow and see for himself whether he is a keeper or whether he's a trade piece.

Same goes for some of the smaller players on the team or some of the soft players on the team. There won't be a wholesale change-out right now, but come the off-season (assuming the Flames go nowhere) look out!

Reactions: InfinityIggy

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Not sure Luff pushes the needle enough for the Flames. Also if all LA is getting for him is a 3rd i think it is better to keep him currently
I don't agree La could use the roster spot. I pick is a good return on a player that is close to being waived

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad