TSN: Seravalli: Flames trying to get a right-shot winger

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Armia?

Armia(2'600'000/per 1y, 26yo) and Danault(3'083'333/per 1y, 27yo)

for

Dube(778'333/per 1y,22yo) and Backlund (5'350'000/per 4y, 31yo)

Cap works. Danault will earn more or less Backlund's money on his new contract even tho he is younger and better. Armia is a right hand shot winger who is a big body that plays possession on a middle6 but doesnt fit MTL's playstyle anymore. Dube is a nice fit on the Habs and for the young core pushing foward.

Ledge And Dairy

Armia?

for

Cap works. Danault will earn more or less Backlund's money on his new contract even tho he is younger and better. Armia is a right hand shot winger who is a big body that plays possession on a middle6 but doesnt fit MTL's playstyle anymore. Dube is a nice fit on the Habs and for the young core pushing foward.
That is really bad for Calgary
Dube >>> Armia
Backlund = Danault but has term

Reactions: Flyer lurker

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
That is really bad for Calgary
Dube >>> Armia
Backlund = Danault but has term

my bad I thought everyone even cgy's fans agreed that Danault>Backlund even more after the fact that backlund asked for a trade.
As a base I thought that was a pretty good idea for both team. If it's a little off it can be fix with picks or prospect (+/- 3rd to 7th pick and/or B to C prospect) from whatever side.

Ledge And Dairy

my bad I thought everyone even cgy's fans agreed that Danault>Backlund even more after the fact that backlund asked for a trade.
As a base I thought that was a pretty good idea for both team. If it's a little off it can be fix with picks or prospect (+/- 3rd to 7th pick and/or B to C prospect) from whatever side.
Danault is basically a younger version of Backlund, the issue here is term, Both Danault and Armia are pending UFA's. Backlund has term still and is an excellent 2-way player, Dube literally just got a hattrick tonight.

When tf did Backlund ask for a trade? Do you mean Sam Bennett's agent?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sort of off topic but does only Calgary fans know what a stud Mangiapane has become? Last year not a single player in the nhl had more even strength goals with less ice time than him. This year he is tied for 38th in even strength goals (48th for all situations), which doesn’t sound that impressive until you realize he is still doing it from the 3rd line and he is doing it while having added high end defense and forechecking. Kids still only 23 playing in his second full season.

Kid's a stud, but I think he's going to thrive more with those middle 6 minutes on checking lines than on a first line. He's a great opportunist and triggerman off the cycle. He and Backlund are a perfect pair because they can both skate and defend very well.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It would have to be top 10, Rakell's not exactly lighting it up and we have no idea where our season's going right now with the coaching change
He’s actually playing well, more unlucky on a train wreck of a team with no centers. But I’m cool with more protection as I’d prefer the gamble on 22 1st

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Armia?

for

What else Habs adding here?

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
If Gally wasn’t extended during the off-season itd be a match made in heaven. Thanks Bergevin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad