TSN: Seravalli: Flames trying to get a right-shot winger

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Mangiapane is not available unless it’s for a really good young player.

While I think Backlund could be had, Donskoi is not the return we’d be looking for . Stick to Bennett, his price will be accessible.
Donskoi + Kaut for Mangiapane+?

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
How about: Donskoi (+ pick?) for Mangiapane + Rittich ($1.275m retained)?

Cap going each way is a balanced. Calgary get a RHS RW. Avs get a rental backup gaolie and 3LW, enabling Compher to move back to 3RW (with a 3C added in another trade).

Mangiapane is the last problem on the Flames right now. Moving him for anything less then being part of a package for a legit first line winger is a mistake.

Reactions: Boomstick

Ledge And Dairy

Cap going each way is a balanced. Calgary get a RHS RW. Avs get a rental backup gaolie and 3LW, enabling Compher to move back to 3RW (with a 3C added in another trade).
(As I said on CF) Donskoi doesn't return Mangiapane.

Mangiapane has 8 goals in the last month alone, he is read hot and would take a massive overpayment for Flames to even consider moving him

Reactions: Boomstick

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
(As I said on CF) Donskoi doesn't return Mangiapane.

Mangiapane has 8 goals in the last month alone, he is read hot and would take a massive overpayment for Flames to even consider moving him
What would a "massive overpayment" look like? Donskoi + Timmins? Just curious what Mangiapane's value is.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010

Colorado doesn't even want Donskoi. Absolutely no chance we move Mangi for him

Ledge And Dairy

What would a "massive overpayment" look like? Donskoi + Timmins? Just curious what Mangiapane's value is.
Nothing around Donskoi, Mangiapane would only be moved in a package for a legit 1st line center/1st line RW. He's basically a younger version of Reilly Smith (not this year Smith ofc), the drive he plays with and his 2-way ability is excellent

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Colorado doesn't even want Donskoi. Absolutely no chance we move Mangi for him
What do you mean Colorado don't want Donskoi? He might be slightly overpaid by like $400-500k but he's fine as a 3RW and has been producing very well this season. The only times he hasn't produced much were after injuries last year but other than that he's been decent.

Compher is the guy Avs fans would like to see moved, but that's more due to him being better at 3RW and not suiting the 3C role very well.

Reactions: avsfan09

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
In terms of Calgary there is a limited value on Mangiapane moving given that if things don't work out he would be a guy they want to keep around due to his youth, or he is a guy they have cheap if they foolishly try and go "all-in." Moving him in a lateral move makes no sense as he is a 2nd line scoring winger with amazing possession metrics, he just is caught up in the Flames line blender rn. I think, like all players, he has a price to being moved, but given team control there's no reason for Calgary to move into it unless there's stuff around a 1st + good prospect or something to that degree, and even then Mangiapane is such a babe, moving him for futures is just bleh.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

Donskoi doesn't get you Mang, conversation's over.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
He's not good enough to play. I read all the teams GDT and Canucks fans say he isn't any good so thats what I'm going by

I assumed the flames would be capable of getting more out of him than the Canucks are. Especially with a change of scenery boost. Columbus just turned Roslovic into a PPG player but they generally know what they're doing

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
bennett for Armia. I think it makes sense as a fan of both.

Armia is better but Bennett’s brings the grit the Habs could use in their bottom 6 in the playoffs.

Pretty much.

Armia is ufa though.

After needing right handed shots, Montreal is full of them now with Anderson, Suzuki, Toffoli, Gallagher, Perry, etc.

Bennett brings grit, physicality and a forward to help Anderson with the rough and tumble side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad