TSN: Seravalli: Flames trying to get a right-shot winger

Ledge And Dairy

Patrick has far more upside than Bennet although there's a serious injury liability with Patrick.

Voracek has like 100000x the value of Looch who is literally an anchor.

CGY would have to add and retain on Looch as Flyguys are technically cup contenders now although I don't think they're close (Fly fans will whine and cry but they're wrong - this team is not beating Boston or Tampa)

Phi: Looch ($1m retained), Bennet, Zary, CGY 1st 2022

Cgy: Voracek, Patrick

Zary may pan out to be solid Mid 6 and/or 2/3C but he's few years away. Bennet is cost effective 3/4C and won't need a year off from headaches. Looch is...well...serviceable 4W with a couple years left. Flyers also have to protect Looch for expansion draft which will cost Flyers another asset...

Calgary gets to try and develop #2 OA Patrick into the player he could be. Voracek also gives them immediate help which is important because Gaudreau may not be resigning. Acquiring Voracek shows Johnny Hockey CGY wants to win and gives CGY backup plan in case Johnny doesn't want to resign although CGY should def move Gaudreau if he doesn't resign this offseason.
I was more or less kidding, that won't work cap wise for Calgary

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The thread title should have a date in it. This isn't news. This is something Treliving has been trying to do for years.
It's right up there with "Flames trying to get a #1C"

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Joey Anderson? Hasn't had a real shot with the leafs yet due to depth

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Reinhart
Ristolainen
Hall ~ 50%

Tkachuk
Hanifin
Bennett
No, Tkachuk isn't for sale. Keep it simple.
Backlund + Bennett(add in the futures)
For
Reinhart + Staal

Gives the Sabres pretty decent center depth moving forward in Eichel, Cozens and Backlund. A young, physical bottom 6 player in Bennett and pretty nice looking futures package to help round out their line up. Flames get a young first line/top 6 RW and an expiring replacement 3C.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Why? The value is fine. I can understand saying you'd rather keep your guys though.

Tkachuk is a better forward than Reinhart.
Hanifin is a much better D than Risto.
Bennett for Hall is whatever.

To boot all the Calgary guys are younger.

As I said, I didn’t read Eichel there. If Calgary’s touching Tkachuk on a deal, it’s star hunting, not lateral downgrading.

Reactions: 23Monahan

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Tkachuk is a better forward than Reinhart.
Hanifin is a much better D than Risto.
Bennett for Hall is whatever.

To boot all the Calgary guys are younger.

As I said, I didn’t read Eichel there. If Calgary’s touching Tkachuk on a deal, it’s star hunting, not lateral downgrading.
Agreed on Tkachuk. Disagree on Hanifin. Hall @50% >> Bennett. I get saying no. Value is fine though.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Agreed on Tkachuk. Disagree on Hanifin. Hall @50% >> Bennett. I get saying no. Value is fine though.
Lol really? Hall has two goals with a top three center in the league. Adding him at 4mil to replace tkachuck, just so we can add Reinhart(rfa next year so a rental or a raise) while also losing bennet is a verrrrry clear downgrade.

And risto def has a higher offensive upside, but you think he is more valuable or better at defending? Also he is two years older, Half a Mil more expensive, and signed for two less years. I would rather the more defensive 24 year old signed cheaper and longer then the guy who will want a raise in two years. Would love to hear why you think risto is more valuable overall though.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
No chance Flames consider that. I like Rust but he is not worth that

I prefer Dube and Mangiapane to Rust... and a first. What?

It's fine if that's not your taste.

Rust was a PPG player last year and is on pace for 60+/per 82 this year while excelling with elite talent. He has speed, skill, and a great forechecker. Right hand shot and makes $3.5mil this year and next. Seems like the ideal candidate...

Mang and Dube are 30-40pt players (I get pumping the tires and the idea of "well ONE day they COULD...") but you're getting a player that produces at nearly 2x the pace. If either were the answer to your wing needs, we wouldn't be having this thread. The 1st incentivizes us to part with Rust and the reduction in point production. I added Riikola to bolsters your back end.

I used the Kapanen+ for 1st+Hallander+ as a guide for value. 1sts should be close. Mang/Dube > Hallander but Rust is a much better producer than Kapanen was (at the time of the trade). Top line winger vs 3rd line. Given the fact we are adding a roster PMD (not something we got with Kapanen) at good value, I don't think the value is that far off, if at all. You can say no though, that's fine but let's not dilute ourselves into thinking it's a low ball.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
What the heck, dube and 1st for brust?

the flames need to rebuild, why do they want to trade a young player and a lottery pick for an older player that won’t make a difference?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad