#Senswatch, Sixth Edition: Now Introducing #Avswatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Yeah as much as I am happy to see the Sens lose right now, I really just want this to be over for them. It doesn't feel right to be cheering for another team to lose as much as I have this season and especially one going through as much turmoil and as big of a **** show as what the Sens fan base as went through the past 14 months essentially.

I'll be happy to collect our Top 4 pick in June and then immediately wish nothing but the best to Ottawa going forward. Especially if Melnyk gets forced out because I really truly do dislike that man.

Eh. for the most part I feel bad for some of their fan base, but the loud minority I have no sympathy for.

I love how a bunch of them came into this thread a few months ago when the Sens were on a 'hot streak' and were ~22nd in the league, saying how disrespectful this thread was, how we were going to be enjoying a 10th+ overall pick, etc. They're pretty damn quiet right now.

If you go into another teams board, they have the right to think or say whatever they want, it's a discussion topic for like-minded fans. I just find it hilarious they were so insulted that we would discuss a valuable asset and how it's tracking, it's literally no different than tracking a prospect, at least from a value perspective.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
lol when's the last time a rental garnered two 1sts, let alone more on top?
I think Ottawa is trying to sign and trade them. I think people are going to be pretty disappointed with the returns.

The fact that they aren't already traded, isn't a good thing.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I'm not sure Stone will return that much, unless he comes with an extension. Keep in mind that the Avs 1st is much more valuable than a contenders very late pick.

Entirely possible with Dorion's track record of getting fleeced too.

I don't think we need to worry about it here anyway, I don't think Sakic will go for a big fish even if we win the next game or 2, but I wouldn't be upset if we gave that up for an extended Stone.

Reactions: MarkT

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I think most everyone is spot on with Avs 1st + Kaut + Kerfoot as an example offer

Yeah as others have mentioned, that would be for Stone with an extension.

As a true rental, Dorion might want that but no team is giving him the equivalent of 2 first round picks+.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
This is Dorion under a deadline. He won't get anywhere near that price for an unsigned Stone

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
This thread often makes me feel so weird. I want Ottawa to do the smart things, but they have been consistently dumb. I don't want to cheer for a crappy team to lose even more, yet I'm too much of an Avalanche fan to not hope the Sens finish last. I have a lot of hope for the Sens future with the young players they have and are going to get, but I have no faith in Melnyk and Dorion.

If I ever want to feel conflicted, I just need to come to this thread.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Eh. for the most part I feel bad for some of their fan base, but the loud minority I have no sympathy for.

I love how a bunch of them came into this thread a few months ago when the Sens were on a 'hot streak' and were ~22nd in the league, saying how disrespectful this thread was, how we were going to be enjoying a 10th+ overall pick, etc. They're pretty damn quiet right now.

If you go into another teams board, they have the right to think or say whatever they want, it's a discussion topic for like-minded fans. I just find it hilarious they were so insulted that we would discuss a valuable asset and how it's tracking, it's literally no different than tracking a prospect, at least from a value perspective.
Or when they won a stanley cup by beating us and made a main board thread and talked junk in here

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
You know, if we miss the playoffs I want it to be because the Yotes stole our spot. That fanbase (if such a thing exists) deserves it more than any other currently in the chase.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
Two first rounders and prospects for Duchene sounds like a great return for Ottawa.
What are the odds of Duchene resigning in Columbus? I'd think he probably doesn't want to stay for another franchise that perennially skirts the wild card spots when he's so close to FA.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
1 down, 2 to go. Good times.

its-time-to-party.gif

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Pretty good return considering the situation. The 2nd first is conditional on him re-signing there, so it might not exist, but for a pure rental a late first and two prospects is pretty good.

Also, from the very quick research I've done, it appears Abramov was CBJ's top forward prospect and Davidsson at least has a shot at making the NHL roster next season.

I also love that once again Duchene will be immediately playing his former team.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Pretty good return considering the situation. The 2nd first is conditional on him re-signing there, so it might not exist, but for a pure rental a late first and two prospects is pretty good.

Also, from the very quick research I've done, it appears Abramov was CBJ's top forward prospect and Davidsson at least has a shot at making the NHL roster next season.

I also love that once again Duchene will be immediately playing his former team.

Duchene as a sleeper agent will be taken to a whole new level tonight

Reactions: Lemonlimey and cgf

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Absolutely nothing that helps them this year. Awesome.

Honestly, don’t see why people are impressed with the return. If Columbus misses the playoffs AND Duchene re-signs, the return is pretty solid. If it goes the other way, it’s not so good.

Not impressed with the prospects they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad