#Senswatch, Sixth Edition: Now Introducing #Avswatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avaholics Anonymous

Sep 16, 2015
Columbus, OH
I lived in Columbus for about five years. Unless your two great passions in life are college football and German food, I wouldn't recommend it.
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up, and congrats on getting out. I've stuck around due to family, but I can't see myself doing so for more than a few more years.

There just isn't much to do around here, and I'd love to have some mountains or nice lakes to spend my free time at. There's a little bit of a country music scene here (not my type of music), but other than that I really don't know why Dutchy would like it. I still think he'll be in Nashville come July 1st.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Here's the saddest thing that could happen:

The 2019 1st pick is top 3 protected, which means if CBJ misses the playoffs (sad) and wins the lottery (sad for us) then the pick becomes CJB's 2020 1st pick.

However,
The 2020 pick is already a conditional pick that Ottawa gets if Duchene re-signs in Columbus.
So, Duchene re-signs before the draft lottery, Ottawa gets the 2020 pick, CBJ wins the lottery, keeps the 2019 pick, and Ottawa can't get the 2020 pick again so they get nothing for Duchene re-signing.

At this point you'll say "shouldn't they get the 2021 pick instead" and I'll counter with, "Only if Dorion thought to include a clause that says so".
Even Dorion is not THAT dumb.

Milbury maybe...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ugh this is weird, I've been in Columbus now for over 20 years, but grew up mostly in Denver. I've tried to jump on the CBJ bandwagon, but have never really been able to care beyond when I actually head to the games.

This makes me want to root for them a little more, but I'd be surprised if he sticks around after this season. Then again, I'm surprised every year that goes by and I'm still here.

Ohio_Mousepad_300x300.jpg

That pic is perfect :laugh:

Reactions: Avaholics Anonymous

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Honestly I like the trade for the Sens, especially if Columbus was on the fence whether to sell or buy. This way it essentially takes Bobrovsky and Panarin off the market, for the other teams buying it's Stone or a bunch of B-listers (which are still pretty damn good, but not a superstar).

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Honestly I like the trade for the Sens, especially if Columbus was on the fence whether to sell or buy. This way it essentially takes Bobrovsky and Panarin off the market, for the other teams buying it's Stone or a bunch of B-listers (which are still pretty damn good, but not a superstar).
It's probably not going to be great long term, but they didn't have a lot of options. Pretty good for having their hands tied

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Dorion can't get stuck trying to trade three players on Monday. Needed to take the best deal available for Duchene. I still think Stone is the player that fetches the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad