#Senswatch, Sixth Edition: Now Introducing #Avswatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Its looking like Duchene is going to be moved. How many players have been on the last place team in the league twice?

Duchene had the unspeakable season. And if by some miracle doesn't get traded this season could have been on two last place teams.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Its looking like Duchene is going to be moved. How many players have been on the last place team in the league twice?

Duchene had the unspeakable season. And if by some miracle doesn't get traded this season could have been on two last place teams.
I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure he has played in more losing games than anyone else in the league over the last 3 years

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Edmonton with 1 point.

Ducks with 2.

Duchene off Ottawa's roster.

Stars lose.

Decent day for the Avs.
Ranger moved up a slot on the Avs too.

Been a while since I took Statistics, but I think there's a 4.6% chance the Avalanche get both the 1st and 2nd pick.

Last edited:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

It's almost like he has something to do with it...

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Ducks winning brings our chances up to 46%.

There's a chance

Also, we aren't the worst team in the league any more. We have 5 points in our last 10gp. Ducks have 4. Oilers have 3.

With Minnesota losing, they have the same record as the Avs over the last 10gp, 2-5-3

For me the % chance means very little. Just look at the rest of our schedule, if the players want to make the playoffs and they all play as a team and the way we know they can (like they did the past 3 games), it's certainly do-able....there's even potential to go on a winning streak there.

When you compare our remaining games and opponents compared to the wild's, we should be able to over take those guys.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
For me the % chance means very little. Just look at the rest of our schedule, if the players want to make the playoffs and they all play as a team and the way we know they can (like they did the past 3 games), it's certainly do-able....there's even potential to go on a winning streak there.

When you compare our remaining games and opponents compared to the wild's, we should be able to over take those guys.
Because the % factors in every single game by every team and adds that on to the equation. It's much more accurate than looking at the schedule for 1 team.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

It's happening people. Hopefully Stone is next.

Stone seems to be legitimately weighing whatever the last offer that was put in front of him. For that fanbase, I hope he stays, but as an Avs fan I hope he either is traded, or stays but they continue bottoming out, for just this year. Next year and going forward I hope that fan base (not Melnyk or Dorion) all the luck in the world.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Stone seems to be legitimately weighing whatever the last offer that was put in front of him. For that fanbase, I hope he stays, but as an Avs fan I hope he either is traded, or stays but they continue bottoming out, for just this year. Next year and going forward I hope that fan base (not Melnyk or Dorion) all the luck in the world.
The rumours were that Stone was likely leaving, and Duchene might sign. Then that flipped, and now apparently Stone might sign.

I don't see why Stone would forego FA, and stay in Ottawa. He has nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

I doubt either of them sign.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The rumours were that Stone was likely leaving, and Duchene might sign. Then that flipped, and now apparently Stone might sign.

I don't see why Stone would forego FA, and stay in Ottawa. He has nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

I doubt either of them sign.

The word I hear is, like a lot of players, Stone actually quite likes the city of Ottawa, just can't stand Melnyk.

Reactions: AvsFan29

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The word I hear is, like a lot of players, Stone actually quite likes the city of Ottawa, just can't stand Melnyk.

No sane person would give up UFA to be under that guy for the foreseeable future. I do think there's a slight chance he stays but I'm going to be pretty surprised if he does.

He might like Ottawa but just last summer he went to arbitration and got himself a 1 year ticket to UFA.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
They trade Duchene today, Dzingel on Saturday and Stone Monday.

giphy.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Unless Dorion has somehow sold him on the future of the franchise I imagine Stone will be on the block soon. But I'll give the Sens credit if the strategy here is to try and ramp up Duchene's value.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Unless Dorion has somehow sold him on the future of the franchise I imagine Stone will be on the block soon. But I'll give the Sens credit if the strategy here is to try and ramp up Duchene's value.
I'm not sure there is a bidding war going on, I have a feeling that Dorion isn't getting what he wants. I think they would be gone by now if he was given amazing offers.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

Same here, I actually like their team and they got some good prospects

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Why would anyone put up with Eugene when they don't have to? I wouldn't blame Stone for leaving. The people who suffer in all this are the Sen fans depending on the return of course.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm not sure there is a bidding war going on, I have a feeling that Dorion isn't getting what he wants. I think they would be gone by now if he was given amazing offers.

Oh I think it can be both things--that there are indeed teams vying for the services of one elite two-way player and one top-line scoring forward--and that those offers are also not what Dorion wants.

Everyone's in a ridiculous holding pattern right now. I think Matthew Barnaby on NHL Radio the other day was right--once that first major deal goes down it's gonna be a watershed of movement afterwards. Right now it's a ridiculous staring contest. Just furthers my feelings that a majority of NHL GMs are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad