#Senswatch, Sixth Edition: Now Introducing #Avswatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Oh I think it can be both things--that there are indeed teams vying for the services of one elite two-way player and one top-line scoring forward--and that those offers are also not what Dorion wants.

Everyone's in a ridiculous holding pattern right now. I think Matthew Barnaby on NHL Radio the other day was right--once that first major deal goes down it's gonna be a watershed of movement afterwards. Right now it's a ridiculous staring contest. Just furthers my feelings that a majority of NHL GMs are stupid.

Stupid or too scared to make a big move. Which could go hand in hand I guess.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Oh I think it can be both things--that there are indeed teams vying for the services of one elite two-way player and one top-line scoring forward--and that those offers are also not what Dorion wants.

Everyone's in a ridiculous holding pattern right now. I think Matthew Barnaby on NHL Radio the other day was right--once that first major deal goes down it's gonna be a watershed of movement afterwards. Right now it's a ridiculous staring contest. Just furthers my feelings that a majority of NHL GMs are stupid.
I think the 2-3 GMs that are realistically in on Duchene, aren't stupid, and know that Dorion has to make a trade.

I'm sure they are more than willing to hold firm and wait him out. For all we know, they might have all low-balled him.

Reactions: MarkT

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I think the 2-3 GMs that are realistically in on Duchene, aren't stupid, and know that Dorion has to make a trade.

I'm sure they are more than willing to hold firm and wait him out. For all we know, they might have all low-balled him.

Wouldn't be surprised, Between Sakic and Doug Wilson teams know that they can get Dorion to panic and accept a lesser deal.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Wouldn't be surprised, Between Sakic and Doug Wilson teams know that they can get Dorion to panic and accept a lesser deal.
Duchene has also been a known commodity for a long time. Sakic shopped him for nearly 2 years, and it's been no secret that he was going to be available at the deadline.

Dorion somehow pulling off a big trade is unlikely

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Unless Dorion has somehow sold him on the future of the franchise I imagine Stone will be on the block soon. But I'll give the Sens credit if the strategy here is to try and ramp up Duchene's value.
Unless Dorion is putting his fingers in his ears and going "LA LA LA Not Listening!" when other GMs call Stone is on the block.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Detroit snags a point after being down 4-1. Very nice.

Getting a lot of help these days

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Hopefully today we find out Stone is being shopped. I think the Bobfather said Thursday was when we'd probably find out.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I said months ago that I thought that Dorion/Melnyk would still have Duchene/Stone post-deadline with no new deals in place. It may actually be materializing. We'll see. It would be a crazy outcome and I would truly feel bad for Sens fans.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This is pretty ridiculous that Ottawa will likely need to deal away three of their top players in ridiculously quick fashion starting today. I mean...what in hell are they holding onto Dzingel for!? There is no possible way his value could be any more inflated than it is RIGHT NOW.

Reactions: RareDangles

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I said months ago that I thought that Dorion/Melnyk would still have Duchene/Stone post-deadline with no new deals in place. It may actually be materializing. We'll see. It would be a crazy outcome and I would truly feel bad for Sens fans.

That would be such a disaster. Anything is better than nothing.

If they don't trade them because "the deals weren't good enough" and let them walk..oh man.

That's going to be a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad