#Senswatch Episode V: Eugene Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I want to see how Dorion tries to put a positive spin on losing a top 10 pick and laugh at the Sens management when Sakic makes the pick. The fans deserve better.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Anyway...

Flyers won tonight, so they're back to 29th again. Chicago and LA behind them. LA wont be for much longer though, not after they beat us on Friday night :laugh:

At this point we're probably the Sens biggest threat for 31st.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The thing about it is, I dont have any issues with them poking fun, laughing at us, whatever they want. But do it on your own boards or at the very least on the main boards.

Dont ****ing come to our boards with that garbage. That's like asking to have it thrown back at you twice as hard.

Meh....I'd rather not have our boards be a quiet room for sensitive individuals.

I get what you are saying but seriously....we as a fan base can crow when things are going well for us and not so well for the Sens. We should be able to eat crow gracefully when things like tonight happened. The fact is, the better team won tonight. No excuses.

As long as visiting fans don't violate any rules of the forum, I have no problem with them coming in and giving us a little jab to the balls. Especially in an open forum that is dedicated to them playing poorly for our chances at a better draft pick.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Meh....I'd rather not have our boards be a quiet room for sensitive individuals.

I get what you are saying but seriously....we as a fan base can crow when things are going well for us and not so well for the Sens. We should be able to eat crow gracefully when things like tonight happened. The fact is, the better team won tonight. No excuses.

As long as visiting fans don't violate any rules of the forum, I have no problem with them coming in and giving us a little "how's the uncle."

Your own teams board is supposed to be just that, where you're free to talk trash or whatever you want about other teams.

But you leave it on your boards. You dont go to other teams boards and trash those teams. If we were going to the Sens board after every loss they had laughing at how they're going to give us a Top 5 pick then fine, fair game. But we're not doing that. We're keeping our excitement strictly to our boards and not letting it boil over into other threads. Which is why I have absolutely no issue with Sens fans laughing at and mocking us and the posters here on there own boards after tonight. Just dont bring that stuff over here.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Too bad we don't play against the Senators again this season. Hilarious to see some of their fans triggered by our comments.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well, winning tonight is about the only positive thing that fanbase will have all season, including the upcoming draft. You can have it.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wow. Just look at that:

In:
Matt Duchene
Derrick Brassard
Mikkel Boedker
Chris Tierney
Dylan DeMelo
Julius Bergman
Josh Norris
Rudolfs Balcers
2018 7th
2019 2nd
2020 1st
2020 6th
2021 2nd (Conditional)

Out:
Erik Karlsson
Kyle Turris
Mika Zibanejad
Mike Hoffman
Shane Bowers
Andrew Hammond
Cody Donaghey
2018 2nd
2019 1st
2020 5th
Best quality for quantity team out there in sports. At least they have better depth than us though, lol.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I’m late to the party apparently, did Sens fans really come in here all high and mighty like a single game makes a difference?

Avs44

May 16, 2011

As long as visiting fans don't violate any rules of the forum, I have no problem with them coming in and giving us a little jab to the balls. Especially in an open forum that is dedicated to them playing poorly for our chances at a better draft pick.

Well said...sort of my view on it. This particular thread isn't exactly a GDT or something of that sort. It's a 5 part extravaganza dedicated to trashing and cheering against the Senators. And yeah, that's great, we have their pick, and any fanbase in the world would want their team to get a good pick. I'm sure Sens fans would be delighted to see us crash and burn if it was all reversed.

But I also get it's justifiably hacked Sens fans off and, on a night where they beat the Avs, they want to give a little push back to what's been an ongoing thread dedicated to cheering on their failure and the corresponding suffering of their fanbase. I don't believe in karma, but if you do, it's all kinda deserved. The way it's been handled around the boards tonight by some of us here has just been kind of bitter and insecure. I'm not directing that towards anyone personally incidentally, it's not a shot. Just my take on it anyways. It'd be easier to laugh it off a bit and take the jab. Tonight, the roles were sort of reversed -- Sens fans have had about 45 games of it so far.

And btw, I think it's stopped, but at the beginning of the year, especially before the season had started and everyone was predicting where the Sens pick would end up, I know there were some Avs fans going over to the Sens board to tell them how much they were going to suck.

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Well said...sort of my view on it. This particular thread isn't exactly a GDT or something of that sort. It's a 5 part extravaganza dedicated to trashing and cheering against the Senators. And yeah, that's great, we have their pick, and any fanbase in the world would want their team to get a good pick. I'm sure Sens fans would be delighted to see us crash and burn if it was all reversed.

But I also get it's justifiably hacked Sens fans off and, on a night where they beat the Avs, they want to give a little push back to what's been an ongoing thread dedicated to cheering on their failure and the corresponding suffering of their fanbase. I don't believe in karma, but if you do, it's all kinda deserved. The way it's been handled around the boards tonight by some of us here has just been kind of bitter and insecure. I'm not directing that towards anyone personally incidentally, it's not a shot. Just my take on it anyways. It'd be easier to laugh it off a bit and take the jab. Tonight, the roles were sort of reversed -- Sens fans have had about 45 games of it so far.

And btw, I think it's stopped, but at the beginning of the year, especially before the season had started and everyone was predicting where the Sens pick would end up, I know there were some Avs fans going over to the Sens board to tell them how much they were going to suck.
Absolutely. If you going give it you better take it. Let the sens fan have this. Lord knows they been through enough the last few seasons. Its at our expense tonight but wateves move on.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
giphy.gif

Reactions: expatriated_texan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad