Sens players caught ripping coaches, laughing about team on video

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
I don’t think they said anything too bad but shows the atmosphere of the organization right now.

It’s a lesson learnt if you’re not willing to say something to the persons face then probably shouldn’t talk smack behind their back. Be aware of what you say, who you say it to and where you say it.

Also the Uber driver is a POS for releasing the video. Nothing but bad intentions on his part

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
It’s not weird to me that a crappy team are venting about their coaches, who else are they going to blame, themselves?

I do find it profoundly odd that they would rant to a cab driver.

Agreed however I dont think they were necessarily talking directly to the cab driver, I felt they were talking among themselves. I am pretty comfortable saying that most people have ripped their bosses when chatting with colleagues, I've heard it all levels.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Pretty sleazy thing to do on the part of the driver. Probably sold the footage to whoever would buy it, once he realized who he had in the car with him. I don't blame the players at all for venting; it probably happens in every single locker room, or team dinner.

Nowadays though there's always someone watching. Guess people have to censor themselves, lest they be embarrassed later because some nobody wants to stir up some ****.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It’s not weird to me that a crappy team are venting about their coaches, who else are they going to blame, themselves?

I do find it profoundly odd that they would rant to a cab driver.

No one was ranting to the cab driver at all. They were talking among themselves and then this deadbeat decided to make some quick cash and sell it.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Headline should be "Snitch Uber driver rats out hockey players".

The players are simply doing what most of us do, which is bitch and complain about our bosses on occasion. I don't see anything wrong with what they said.
If everything people said about their bosses got was aired out to the public, there would be a lot of unemployed folks in the world.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
I don’t think anyone has an issue with Uber drivers filming passengers. It creates a safe environment.

It’s when the driver releases compromising footage because he didn’t get his way, that people have a problem with.

Privacy laws in Canada have never been very strong - especially when it comes to digital consent.

Damage is done regardless but I doubt the players have cause against the driver.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Those players should be careful about suing Uber...

Based on their play on the ice, some of them might be needing Uber for a job in the future.

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Its funny seeing folks here calling them immature when almost half the guys in the cab are the age of college kids and just turned drinking age lol

Reactions: Cellee and gab6511

RandR

May 15, 2011
Lots of blame and lessons regarding this public airing of dirty laundry:
1. The driver: I hope and assume Uber fires him.
2. The players: This incident is a reminder that in this day and age that need to be a little more careful about what they say in front of complete strangers, whether it be an elevator or a bar or a Uber ride.
3. Duchesne: I don't blame the team for giving him an A because they wanting to keep him, but he acts like he has no investment in this team. It's one thing to be chummy with guys, including the young adults whom look up to you, but it's another thing to be berating an assistant coach and telling them all that he stopped listening to the Raymond weeks ago. By doing so, the most impressionable players are getting the message that it's okay to completely tune out a coach whom you don't agree with. I think this is Colorado 2.0 for him, he will play his best but he will be gone from this team by end of year.
4. Assistant coach Martin Raymond: I suspect he is as incompetent as the players make him out to be.
5. Senators management: Compared to Karlsson, at least now they have a more credible excuse when they don't resign Duchesne.

The people I have most respect for in this incident are the couple of young players who kept quiet even though peer pressure would have made to cool to pile on.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
I think the media should be less concerned about players doing what literally everyone does and more concerned about the coaches being incompetent about their jobs. Sounds like Martin Raymond would be better off being a color commentator than a special teams coach.

Reactions: gab6511

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Its funny seeing folks here calling them immature when almost half the guys in the cab are the age of college kids and just turned drinking age lol
It was kind of hard to tell but it seemed like Wideman and Duchene were the two doing the most talking and they're 27 and 28 years old. They're not exactly setting a good example to 3 young guys on the team. It seemed like the younger guys were in the 3rd row and weren't involved quite as much.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I get that everyone talks trash about their boss but it doesn't make it less embarrassing for the franchise. Just because everyone gets naked to shower wouldn't make it less embarrassing if someone posted your picture online for millions of people to see.
Perfect analogy.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Headline should be "Snitch Uber driver rats out hockey players".

The players are simply doing what most of us do, which is ***** and complain about our bosses on occasion. I don't see anything wrong with what they said.
If everything people said about their bosses got was aired out to the public, there would be a lot of unemployed folks in the world.
Duchene makes 6 million per. He’s not a line cook. If he’s getting tricked by a min wage Uber driver he deserves to get ripped. Hopefully the Uber driver got some money and something nice for his wife.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Maybe meathead athletes will read the fine print and end use agreement when getting into an uber.

Its public transportation and they have every right in the world to film. Combine that with the laws in Arizona and you have your perfect recipe for hilarity.

There is no privacy in a public vehicle, stop acting like you just got Orwelled.

Reactions: InAbsensia

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
They played guilty last night (and played badly as well, long row to hoe here) but moving Duchene probably solves this whole thing. The Overexcited Bald Guy (Pierre McGuire) is saying Stone has to be signed as of January 1...but he's been without a real job since his Hartford days, so we shall see!

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
They played guilty last night (and played badly as well, long row to hoe here) but moving Duchene probably solves this whole thing. The Overexcited Bald Guy (Pierre McGuire) is saying Stone has to be signed as of January 1...but he's been without a real job since his Hartford days, so we shall see!

Man does Duchene comes off as a major Duch(get it?) in this video.

His rep is warranted it seems.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Uber uncomfortable: Ride-sharing company's ads featured prominently as Senators return to home ice

This is all becoming straight up comical at this point.

Barely 24 hours after an Uber dashcam video showing seven Senators players criticizing the team’s coaching staff was obtained by the Ottawa Citizen, the Sens were back on their home ice for the first time since the incident.
Ironically — and hilariously — the ride-sharing company in the middle of it all was pumping out advertisements all throughout the Canadian Tire Centre during the aforementioned contest Tuesday night.

“Uber: You bring the noise” :laugh:

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
So you never criticize colleagues behind their backs at your job, especially bosses whom you think aren't doing their job?
I said in the post that they should accept of what they're given or what they're told to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad