Sens players caught ripping coaches, laughing about team on video

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
So honourable :laugh:

You aren't entitled to the tip. I tip every time I take Uber.

They are providing a service, if your service is good, you tip. That is customary in North America. If you are a wealthy athlete it’s even worse not leaving a gratuity. Duchene got what he deserved. If he didn’t want this to be an issue don’t say it in the first place.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
So honourable :laugh:

You aren't entitled to the tip. I tip every time I take Uber.

Thank you for tipping...I'm not saying that's me, but I know a lot of other drivers would not return a lost item...I know a cab driver, basically the same thing as an Uber driver, who used to collect used cell phones if they were the same a his so he had charged back up batteries all day long (he just talked on the phone all day long)....I return all things, even if the customer didn't tip me which has happened quite a bit ! The thing is people are scum bags and real cheap now a days and don't care about the drivers...We have to deal with a lot...I go out of my way a lot to provide excellent service and still get nothing...People are cold and don't care about the driver...They may say "thanks, appreciate it", but they truly don't mean it...I can't count the number of times people said " they would tip me on the app", and they never do.....

All I am saying is if you lose something and you don't tip, don't expect to get it back..If it's my ride then yes you will.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSituation

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They are providing a service, if your service is good, you tip. That is customary in North America. If you are a wealthy athlete it’s even worse not leaving a gratuity. Duchene got what he deserved. If he didn’t want this to be an issue don’t say it in the first place.

If the service is good.

Reactions: Darth Bangkok

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
I've never tipped an Uber. It literally says right in the ride notes tip is taken into consideration of the overall price

Reactions: Darth Bangkok

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
This actually isn't the way these things work.

How does it work then? Whenever you go out in public you can’t walk 100 feet without being on film. You have zero right to privacy while in public, and ESPECIALLY if you are someone famous you shouldn’t be saying things in public you don’t want made known. Yet somehow it’s the guys who said the shit that are saints and the driver is human garbage? Makes sense.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Thank you for tipping...I'm not saying that's me, but I know a lot of other drivers would not return a lost item...I know a cab driver, basically the same thing as an Uber driver, who used to collect used cell phones if they were the same a his so he had charged back up batteries all day long (he just talked on the phone all day long)....I return all things, even if the customer didn't tip me which has happened quite a bit ! The thing is people are scum bags and real cheap now a days and don't care about the drivers...We have to deal with a lot...I go out of my way a lot to provide excellent service and still get nothing...People are cold and don't care about the driver...They may say "thanks, appreciate it", but they truly don't mean it...I can't count the number of times people said " they would tip me on the app", and they never do.....

All I am saying is if you lose something and you don't tip, don't expect to get it back..If it's my ride then yes you will.

This is more commonly known as theft.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
How does it work then? Whenever you go out in public you can’t walk 100 feet without being on film. You have zero right to privacy while in public, and ESPECIALLY if you are someone famous you shouldn’t be saying things in public you don’t want made known. Yet somehow it’s the guys who said the **** that are saints and the driver is human garbage? Makes sense.
You aren’t in public when you’re in the Uber. Apparently - and I haven’t actually read them - there’s a prohibition against drivers sharing the data of their passengers, which includes identities.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
You aren’t in public when you’re in the Uber. Apparently - and I haven’t actually read them - there’s a prohibition against drivers sharing the data of their passengers, which includes identities.
Uber has come out and said that this posting of the video is a violation of the driver's terms of service. I'm confident they deactivated the idiot. We use dashcams for our security and protection from false claims against us. It hurts all of us when a moron does this because he thinks he is owed a tip.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Its really not a big deal lol, video coach Raymond and Duchene were seen laughing and talking at practice, every team has players that have issues with coaching and have all had incidents like this, ottawa were just unlucky to be the first ones to run into a POS uber driver that didnt care about losing his job for some quick money

So because they were seen laughing in a moment in practice (a time when players and coaches bond) it means everything is a ok and Raymond and Duchene don’t care? Raymond...outside the initial hurt he must of felt more embarrassed then you or I ever have been. It’s like Doug McLean said today this is someone’s career. It’s their life. This will follow him forever everywhere and plant a seed of doubt everywhere he goes whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Duchene almost broke down and like a true coward said something for five seconds and said that’s it let’s talk about the game. If he had any stones , no pun intended he would be a lot more thorough and not shut down the situation. Furthermore it would of been HIM and not Mark Stone (that’s the pun) standing up for his own actions like a man.

Reactions: CDN24

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
In this thread its incredibly indicitive if you have played hockey at a competitive level or not.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
As an Uber driver myself, I'd guess they didn't tip him...Seems the norm for when it comes to millennial Uber riders...Reminder to you that don't tip: Just don't lose an article in your ride !
Maybe they shoulda just tossed him a couple bucks instead of being spoiled multi millionaires

Reactions: VaporTrail

LA_Viking

Jun 8, 2007
NorCal
My 2 worthless opinions on this:

1. The Uber driver is an ashole that needs to be punched in the dck.

2. The coaching staff should take note to what the players had to say about how they perform their jobs. They could learn a lot from them and hone their skills to be better coaches.

Reactions: SensFactor

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
2. The coaching staff should take note to what the players had to say about how they perform their jobs. They could learn a lot from them and hone their skills to be better coaches.

My understanding is that the team is doing some video sessions with the tape.

“See - ok, stop it right there, stop it right there. See how Duchey is in the front and thinks nothing is changing? Ok roll it for a few seconds...and there! Now Wides is saying something similar in this zone of the Uber...ok pause it there....”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad