Sens players caught ripping coaches, laughing about team on video

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It most certainly is not a right when in a public space. How can you expect privacy, especially when you are a public figure? Again, if he is embarrassed by this then he shouldn’t have did what he did. When does someone get held accountable for something they themselves did rather than make excuses as to why they did what they did?

Again. You are saying that a reporter who reports about a subject to everyone who follows it, should not do actual reporting of certain things because they could get fired if they reported the truth. Are you listening to yourself? That is the same mindset as protecting an abuser or someone who uses their position of power to get away with anything they want to.
You are saying literally all privacy should be dropped as soon as you leave your house?

Uhh okay.

People can have a private conversation in a car.

How would you like it if you were crap talking your boss or wife or friend while somewhere outside your house and you had no idea someone was filming you. You would feel violated and embarrassed if that ever got out. And don't pretend you wouldn't. Privacy is a real thing.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Yeah man I’m sure you’ve never took a video with your cell phone in public and filmed people who didn’t want to be filmed, nor have you taken pictures of people who didn’t want their picture taken. I’m sure.

Secondly these guys are paid a ton of money and part of that pay is for paying attention in practice and being a professional. They should not be airing their dirty laundry in front of other people. It’s their own fault for doing so, and their actions have consequences.

On top of that, you have the guy who you gave up a ton for, leading the charge mocking coaches in front of the young guys on the team. That is brutal.
I've never done that, I like to respect others' privacy.

Is that not a thing anymore?

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
They’d lose their jobs reporting on the truth. That is correct. And that is precisely the problem. The guy who didn’t listen to his coach doesn’t lose his job, the coach and the media guy reporting the truth do. And yet you still defend the behaviour and shrug it off like it’s no big deal. The fact you think it’s fine to have what is presumed to be part of the leadership group laugh at how bad the coaches are says a lot.
If the coach is that bad that nothing changes even when his system obviously doesn't work then he should rightly be ignored and mocked.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
You are saying literally all privacy should be dropped as soon as you leave your house?

Uhh okay.

People can have a private conversation in a car.

How would you like it if you were crap talking your boss or wife or friend while somewhere outside your house and you had no idea someone was filming you. You would feel violated and embarrassed if that ever got out. And don't pretend you wouldn't. Privacy is a real thing.

Were they having a “private” conversation in a car though? Or was it in front of an outsider?

Poor little Matt Duchene has to deal with the consequences of his actions!

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
I've never done that, I like to respect others' privacy.

Is that not a thing anymore?

Sorry I was talking to someone else and you rudely interrupted. Apparently you don’t respect my right to privacy on a public forum while talking to someone else in front of you.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Smearing the subjects you write about (truth or not) is not good for your job. Let me use an analogy I saw somewhere else... We all get naked and shower but taking pic's of it and showing the public would be an embarassment to thst person. Thats the truth of what happened, but it's also not right to show it.

AKA, Privacy is a right. Not a privelage. Get it now?

That's a ridiculous comparison.

The public has a right to know what is really affecting a team. That is the actually supposed to be the job of the media - reporters - report truth to the public about those they cover. If it's just about covering for the team and spewing PR -- then do away with press passes altogether and just let the teams release BS on their own.

The fact that influential Ottawa players don't respect the coaches and that a multi-million dollar player hasn't paid attention in meetings is relevant information.

I guarantee you media members already knew this. But they don't report it, because they don't want to anger the team.

You have to ask yourself what is the purpose of the media then? It's a disgrace really.

The story about Melnyk banning a reporter and waiting until the cameras were off to tell him he "would bury him" because he didn't like that he asked a question is a perfect example of what's wrong. They're bullies because they have money and power.

I also remember the story about the Red Wings in the 1995 Finals boycotting ESPN because someone criticized Paul Coffey and they were mad -- so to punish the person they boycotted his organization. That's why there's a bunch of fluff in the media that never say anything interesting or truthful.

These teams and the million dollar baby players are so protected that I love it when the truth gets out.

As many others have pointed out, being in a cab is not a private conversation. If you're going to talk in public, people have a right to share that information.

If you're having dinner at a restaurant and there's some athletes having dinner at the next table and they're blabbing about how they hate each other or someone else on the team, you have the right to share that info if you want. If you see an athlete or someone famous acting like a jerk you should be able to share your experience. The problem is these bully tactics where the media outlets won't report it because they are in cahoots with the teams/players for the reasons outlined above. Thank God for the internet, that's the best thing about it, people don't need to rely on a corrupt media outlet to agree to publish.

The funny thing is if the Uber driver had made a post to a forum like this and said he had a bunch of Sens players in his Cab and they mock the coach, the majority of people would probably call him a liar and demand proof.

Reactions: InAbsensia

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
If the Sens can play like they did tonight every game...let's get some more videos of the team out there...

Reactions: Adrianopolous

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Yeah man I’m sure you’ve never took a video with your cell phone in public and filmed people who didn’t want to be filmed, nor have you taken pictures of people who didn’t want their picture taken. I’m sure.

Secondly these guys are paid a ton of money and part of that pay is for paying attention in practice and being a professional. They should not be airing their dirty laundry in front of other people. It’s their own fault for doing so, and their actions have consequences.

On top of that, you have the guy who you gave up a ton for, leading the charge mocking coaches in front of the young guys on the team. That is brutal.

Wow... this is one of the most deluded things I've ever read. Congrats! You've just outed yourself as a massive creep.

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
People getting captured in the background of videos taken of willing subjects is much, much different than intentionally filming someone against their wishes, especially if that video is taken secretly.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Headline should be "Snitch Uber driver rats out hockey players".

The players are simply doing what most of us do, which is ***** and complain about our bosses on occasion. I don't see anything wrong with what they said.
If everything people said about their bosses got was aired out to the public, there would be a lot of unemployed folks in the world.

j'agree.

Sad state of affairs when a bunch of 20-something sober guys are secretly recorded chatting about work and looking at their phones and it's considered controversial.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad