Sens players caught ripping coaches, laughing about team on video

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Pretty ordinary stuff, not a big deal in my opinion. Problem is, no player is going to say anything any more. I suspect even the mandated media stuff will be even more restrained than it was.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Little rat looking for his 15 minutes. What a POS.

Yeah man I’m sure you’ve never took a video with your cell phone in public and filmed people who didn’t want to be filmed, nor have you taken pictures of people who didn’t want their picture taken. I’m sure.

Secondly these guys are paid a ton of money and part of that pay is for paying attention in practice and being a professional. They should not be airing their dirty laundry in front of other people. It’s their own fault for doing so, and their actions have consequences.

On top of that, you have the guy who you gave up a ton for, leading the charge mocking coaches in front of the young guys on the team. That is brutal.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It's a bad look on our players, especially Duchene and Wideman. Since coaches are obviously in tune with the team they live with day in and day out, this might explain why Wideman is kept astray most games and sheds light on Duchene as well, who continues to look like en entitled diva. Now in camp #TradeDuchene. Some sterling, hard-nosed two-way play and a lot of "Yes sir, thank you sir, of course sir," humility out of him will sway me, though.
No team will win with a Matt Duchene or a Wideman..Raymond quizzes the team....yes I can see why he would quiz this pack of meat heads. Coaching alone does not make a penalty kill or a powerplay dead last. That takes talent (or lack thereof)

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
If they didn't want their conversation public, they shouldn't have said it in public.

There's a reason why they have closed door internal meetings and don't have gripe fests in the back of ubers where - if you've ever been in an uber, you know there's a camera, I'm surprised there isn't a sticker the driver posted saying that you're currently being recorded once they got in the vehicle.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Yeah Big Brother is watching you. The Uber guy and the media folks who aired this are dirtbags. What next? Hidden mikes in the dressing room? Not a Sens fan nor a Duchene fan--but really who has not said things they would not say if they knew they were being surreptitiously recorded and the tape sold by some greedy pr...k.

Reactions: Fixxer

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
No team will win with a Matt Duchene or a Wideman..Raymond quizzes the team....yes I can see why he would quiz this pack of meat heads. Coaching alone does not make a penalty kill or a powerplay dead last. That takes talent (or lack thereof)
Yeah, Martin Raymond should "quiz" Duchene about the last few team meetings...

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Yeah man I’m sure you’ve never took a video with your cell phone in public and filmed people who didn’t want to be filmed, nor have you taken pictures of people who didn’t want their picture taken. I’m sure.

I'm not a millennial so I can honestly say no I have not. Is this commonly accepted behavior nowadays?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Scumbag move by the Uber driver (if he was the person that uploaded the information).
Unprofessional talk from players, but they do need to blow off steam so I wouldn't be concerned about it too much.
However, this shows the players obviously don't like the way the coaching staff want them to play. If a coach was responsible for a league bad PP one season, and then a league bad PK the next, surely that's enough to show their position is untenable.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Interesting that the team already knew about this before the video got released. Yet the video still got released.

Just like they knew about the Hoffman thing and that story leaked and cost them trade value.

Why do they do a poor job at containing internal affairs?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
If they didn't want their conversation public, they shouldn't have said it in public.

There's a reason why they have closed door internal meetings and don't have gripe fests in the back of ubers where - if you've ever been in an uber, you know there's a camera, I'm surprised there isn't a sticker the driver posted saying that you're currently being recorded once they got in the vehicle.

I don’t think anyone has an issue with Uber drivers filming passengers. It creates a safe environment.

It’s when the driver releases compromising footage because he didn’t get his way, that people have a problem with.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Interesting that the team already knew about this before the video got released. Yet the video still got released.

Just like they knew about the Hoffman thing and that story leaked and cost them trade value.

Why do they do a poor job at containing internal affairs?

Melnyk is selling the information to groups like Ottawa Citizen. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Godstin Matthews

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I heard a few talking heads try to cry about how players deserve their privacy in an uber cab... and how horrible it would be if someone video taped one of us talking about our boss

im sorry... but nhl players get paid 2 million dollars because we care about what they are doing. that's reality for any celebrity. I get paid my money because my business is washing cars. no one gives a crap what I think about my boss.

if my car wash had fans... fans invested into cheering my car wash... if the success of my car wash made a difference in the lives of these fans... then id have to worry about what I said in public. but then maybe id be making more than 14 dollars an hour too.

if people care... then you got to watch what you are saying. cops cant talk openly about their squad leader telling them that this week they wont be allowed to respond to bank robberies... that would not be ok

doctors cant talk openly about their bosses telling them they are forced to push scripts for a new piece of crap drug because they are getting kickbacks. that again would be something that the public would care about

if players are going to crap on the team... considering how hockey works and its a team game and they guys have to be pulling together to have any chance of winning... then its fair game for the fans to be given this info before they choose to spend their hard earned dollars on buying more tickets

and if it ultimately costs the player their 2 mill a year job... then maybe they got to learn to keep their mouths shut when in public

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Super silly in my opinion. It’s perfectly normal human nature to rip the boss and complain about work. It’s meaningless, they’re just letting out some steam.

Reactions: Cellee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad