Sens players caught ripping coaches, laughing about team on video

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Didn't see this posted anywhere, sorry if it already was.

Breaking: Sens players caught ripping coaches, laughing about team on video

“Marty Raymond, the only coach in NHL history to have the worst power-play and the worst PK within a calendar year,” says Sens forward Matt Duchene, in reference to Martin Raymond, an assistant coach in charge of the team’s penalty-killing this year and power-play last season.”

Defenceman Chris Wideman, sitting in the front passenger seat, chirps in: “Do you notice that when (Raymond) runs the video, if you actually do pay attention, he doesn’t ever teach you anything? He just commentates what’s happening.”

Then Duchene can be heard replying: “Here’s the other thing, too. We don’t change anything, ever. So why do we even have a meeting? I haven’t paid attention in three weeks.”

Defenceman Thomas Chabot can also be seen in the middle of the second row of seats. When Wideman says, “I also hate how he quizzes us,” the conversation meanders and Chabot says, of the next potential meeting: “No, please ask a question, just so he says ‘great question.’”

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I watched the video, pretty horrific. I suppose its warranted though, players just voicing their frustrations with management, people do that in EVERY job, being caught on camera though is another thing.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Its really not a big deal lol, video coach Raymond and Duchene were seen laughing and talking at practice, every team has players that have issues with coaching and have all had incidents like this, ottawa were just unlucky to be the first ones to run into a POS uber driver that didnt care about losing his job for some quick money

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
Apparently the players involved released a statement and apologized for the incident.

As well since I am on my phone a few players and Boucher dealt with it before the tape got releases according to tsn website

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
Uber's response is pretty hilarious:

“Filming or recording passengers without their consent is totally unacceptable and if reported / detected we will investigate + take action to preserve our communities privacy and integrity. In this specific case, we made efforts to have the video taken down.

Reactions: Fixxer

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Its really not a big deal lol, video coach Raymond and Duchene were seen laughing and talking at practice, every team has players that have issues with coaching and have all had incidents like this, ottawa were just unlucky to be the first ones to run into a POS uber driver that didnt care about losing his job for some quick money

This. We've all bitched about something our boss has said/done, even if we like said boss. It's the way of the world, even for millionaire professional athletes it seems. Someone tells you to do something a certain way, it fails miserably, and you get mad and bitch about it with friends afterwards.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
It's a bad look on our players, especially Duchene and Wideman. Since coaches are obviously in tune with the team they live with day in and day out, this might explain why Wideman is kept astray most games and sheds light on Duchene as well, who continues to look like en entitled diva. Now in camp #TradeDuchene. Some sterling, hard-nosed two-way play and a lot of "Yes sir, thank you sir, of course sir," humility out of him will sway me, though.

Bonesy9

Feb 13, 2018

Well, if you were Duchene, you would likely be sucking up right now too.

These players are professionals, there is a time and place for that discussion. I would lose my job if this happened to me.

Agreed that the driver is the biggest douche in the situation.

The Sens franchise is a joke.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
I personally think this is good for the team. Even good for the league. Obviously these concerns haven't been brought up or dealt with before. Now it's known and can be dealt with. These players like any employee have every right to voice concern, displeasure or opinions it's your work/team.

Nice to see players bond over these kinda things. There will be no mutiny in Ottawa.

Reactions: Fixxer

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
It was fine he recorded it...kind of crap that he released it. But, also, in an ever increasing world where views matter on social media more than decency, you just can’t open your mouth like that around the public, it’s not even professional (regardless of Whitney’s tweet).

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

Everyone has those moments where they are laughing with someone but they want to kill the other person on the inside lol. Especially if it's a colleague or boss that annoys you all the time.

Reactions: johan f

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Even Kipreos and Armstrong were talking about it this morning and both said on NHL teams, players rag on coaches way more than they praise them... But the difference is that these guys got caught doing it

I dont blame these guys at all doing it cause everyone does with their jobs, i just shake my head at how all the negative news is always Sens stuff it seems

Leafslet

Oct 19, 2011
TO
everyone talks shit about their bosses....

it's not the worst thing in the world, but what is pretty bad is what they're saying is probably true. aka, the players know their systems aren't working, they know the coaches aren't doing f*** all, and just put out the same stuff day after day. i mean, pretty demoralizing.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
IMO, Duchene is the one who gets the worst of this. As a team captain, you should be expected to back up coaching in front of the young rookies and show leadership. I think Sens should take the A away from him. That is just a a very poor scene from him, he should be the link between coachinstaff and players and if there's a problem with the coachies you settle it with them in private or take it to the higher-ups (in this case Dorion).

Aside that, meh. Wideman AFAIK was already known to have been somewhat "questionable" with his attitude. The other players didn't really comment. Uber driver is POS. And everyone already knew what a trainwreck the Sens were.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
662218_1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad