OT: Sens Lounge XCVIII: 1000-Post Rule is Back Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
It’s more like...good humans are good animals.
And good animals live in harmony with the rest.
Im against destruction and deterioration without purpose that’s all. The planet is better off without us at this point unfortunately. I see that as a problem.
And I’m a problem solver.
tenor.gif

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Some animals are delicious. Some are good companions. Some exist because of the destruction we cause and would go extinct without us. Others we've wiped out. But species have blinked in and out of existence throughout the lifespan of the earth. We didn't kill them all.

It's just nature. We are of nature, everything we do is done by manipulating the natural environment to suit our needs.

Sure the planet would be better off without us. And sooner or later we will be gone, but no matter how badly we mess up the environment the earth will self correct itself and it will be as if we never here for billions of years before the sun goes all red giant and consumes it. I'm sure the cockroach people will have their chance to **** everything up too. Just as we did, and the dinosaurs before us.

So enjoy life. Be good. Eat animals if you want cause they'd sure as **** eat you if they could. Or eat kale. Whatever makes you happy. Regardless, life exists on the back of other life. We destroy to survive, as have every other species in history. We just have big brains and opposable thumbs so we got really ****ing good at it.

Getting all Evangelical with your beliefs is a *****y self righteous thing. So maybe try to avoid doing that.

Cause I'm quite content eating chickens and petting cats at night. And that sure as hell isn't going to change. Just as you arent. And that's cool. To each their own. Just keep it to yourself.
Your last paragraph is great. You have much to learn. Like I did when I was at your level long ago. But I.....changed. Cause it was/is necessary.
Monster party tonight so that’s enough of that. Let’s all get f***ed up, it’s saturday!

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Your last paragraph is great. You have much to learn. Like I did when I was at your level long ago. But I.....changed. Cause it was/is necessary.
Monster party tonight so that’s enough of that. Let’s all get ****ed up, it’s saturday!

Yeah and that's why you bother people. The arrogance. The self righteous condescension. You can't accept that others see things differently, they're simply wrong because you're right.

And not only are you right, you're so damned right that you need to shove it down their throats.

It's like that old joke. How do you find the vegan in the room?

Don't worry he'll tell you.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
So I pulled a very stressful Irish Exit to get out of the office at 6:00 yesterday. Get a text that flight is delayed an hour. Shit, ok. But not a huge deal.

Train to the airport, get another text - flight is delayed another 2 hours and now lands in Nashville at 1:00 am. Super shit.

Get another text - flight is now delayed until 11:55 and gets into Nashville at 1:15 am. So I do about 2 1/2 hours of work and then twiddle my thumbs until 11:30 or so.

Around 15 minutes later they make an announcement - here we go baby, time to board! LOL nope, flight is cancelled. And they can’t rebook me at all.

That’s my weekend so far.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
So I pulled a very stressful Irish Exit to get out of the office at 6:00 yesterday. Get a text that flight is delayed an hour. ****, ok. But not a huge deal.

Train to the airport, get another text - flight is delayed another 2 hours and now lands in Nashville at 1:00 am. Super ****.

Get another text - flight is now delayed until 11:55 and gets into Nashville at 1:15 am. So I do about 2 1/2 hours of work and then twiddle my thumbs until 11:30 or so.

Around 15 minutes later they make an announcement - here we go baby, time to board! LOL nope, flight is cancelled. And they can’t rebook me at all.

That’s my weekend so far.
Awww... that sucks! Sorry to hear. Bad storm in Nashville?

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Yeah I missed the bachelor party as a result.

Would have cost me close to USD 1000 to get there with another airline. And I wouldn’t arrive until like 9:30 pm.

Sucks.
Unfortunate, totally.

Silver lining, you’ll have saved some money and won’t be hungover Monday morning lol

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Yeah and that's why you bother people. The arrogance. The self righteous condescension. You can't accept that others see things differently, they're simply wrong because you're right.

And not only are you right, you're so damned right that you need to shove it down their throats.

It's like that old joke. How do you find the vegan in the room?

Don't worry he'll tell you.
I rarely say I’m vegan. How does that apply?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I rarely say I’m vegan. How does that apply?

It applies because nobody cares. Yet some people need to throw out their views for no reason at all.

People are having a nice conversation about pets, then you decide yo tell them they're wrong and backwards and dirty for having pets.

Same way some of those vegans interject whenever somebody talks about delicious steak.

Maybe it makes them feel superior. Beats me.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah I missed the bachelor party as a result.

Would have cost me close to USD 1000 to get there with another airline. And I wouldn’t arrive until like 9:30 pm.

Sucks.

It sucks...but it's a lot better than getting on a plane and having a "in the Hudson" scenario happen.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Nope in NYC.

And not a bad storm really. But when there is rain and some light wind Newark basically goes off the rails.

Such a garbage airport.

I thought it was LaGuardia that got absolutely f***ing stupid the moment it rains. Surprising to hear it is Newark.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
If people haven’t watched the movie Split then I recommend it.
I know it’s been out a while but time is now to watch it.
Yes there is a twist in there that can’t be talked about unless you already know. It’s possible you’re not interested but I don’t think you should take that risk.
So I recommend not reading about it and just watching it.
If you’re not a fan of m. Night and haven’t seen unbreakable then go ahead and watch that. Then become a fan. Then watch Split.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
It sucks...but it's a lot better than getting on a plane and having a "in the Hudson" scenario happen.

It takes a hell of a lot of weather for that to happen I’d think.

Most of the time that planes go down (which is incredibly rare) it’s usually some other cause. Some light rain and a few lightning strikes aren’t going to phase a 747.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Anybody in Kanata recognizes this cat PM me. Female, about a year old, recently spayed, a collar with no tags and hasn't been microchipped. Found her this morning in Bridlewood. It looks like she's been wandering around for about a week. Super friendly cat, but I can't keep her here because I'm super allergic. I know there's a lot of Kanata folks here so I figured it wouldn't hurt.
FB_IMG_1533132484927.jpg

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Anybody in Kanata recognizes this cat PM me. Female, about a year old, recently spayed, a collar with no tags and hasn't been microchipped. Found her this morning in Bridlewood. It looks like she's been wandering around for about a week. Super friendly cat, but I can't keep her here because I'm super allergic. I know there's a lot of Kanata folks here so I figured it wouldn't hurt.View attachment 132875

That cat is cute AF. Hope you find the owner.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Anybody in Kanata recognizes this cat PM me. Female, about a year old, recently spayed, a collar with no tags and hasn't been microchipped. Found her this morning in Bridlewood. It looks like she's been wandering around for about a week. Super friendly cat, but I can't keep her here because I'm super allergic. I know there's a lot of Kanata folks here so I figured it wouldn't hurt.View attachment 132875

It’s summer! You can sleep outside or in your car. Do you have a tent? Poor little cat...

Reactions: Bean Drown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad