OT: Sens Lounge XCVIII: 1000-Post Rule is Back Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I want a dog but I dont want extra responsibility or to spend more money. I like my limited responsibility cats. All I have to do is water, food, cuddles and the litter. Someone invent a service to rent a dog for a few days. Make it like loot boxes. Every month you get a dog in the mail to enjoy for up to a week before you return. If you keep/kill it you, you just get charged($ and/or crime) for it.

You can be a foster parent for shelter animals for a few days/weeks at a time.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
And by “pet” you mean an outdoor animal that you keep in your living room?

Look up the difference in definition between domesticated and tamed. The one's we keep in our living room are domesticated.
And actually, if I have the time (or you have the gumption), there's studies out there that have shown domestication has actually prevented several species from going extinct and also tends to be a mutually beneficial relationship between human and the domesticated animal.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
At first you disliked them and called them filthy. Now you’re sticking up for them? ...or are you simply determined to argue about something, as in...anything...?

There's an Elliot Freedman quote that is applicable to this situation...

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
At first you disliked them and called them filthy. Now you’re sticking up for them? ...or are you simply determined to argue about something, as in...anything...?

Maybe he's PETA.

They have all sorts of whacky ideas about animals. Their leader is also a certifiable maniac.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I once consider dog-walking for an animal shelter, but there was too much paperwork (in particular, IIRC they wanted to check your criminal record). Yeah, I'm that lazy.

I know in Ottawa they require this and I believe a firm weekly commitment for the full year, someone can correct me if im wrong but when I went to apply I couldn't commit to a certain day and time per week for the full calendar year because of work obligations. I understand why they do it though but wish I could sneak in selfishly at my own leisure and spend some time with those good dogs, that said I have a hard time keeping myself composed around animals who haven't had the best of lives.

My mother personally has fostered several hundred cats over the last 10 years, she has a special room (My old room) specifically for fosters...has a screen door instead of a regular indoor door etc...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
His consistency is basically "humans bad, animals good"
It’s more like...good humans are good animals.
And good animals live in harmony with the rest.
Im against destruction and deterioration without purpose that’s all. The planet is better off without us at this point unfortunately. I see that as a problem.
And I’m a problem solver.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Im against destruction and deterioration without purpose that’s all. The planet is better off without us at this point unfortunately. I see that as a problem.

Would you say that your answer to this "problem" of humanity is a final solution ?

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Some animals are delicious. Some are good companions. Some exist because of the destruction we cause and would go extinct without us. Others we've wiped out. But species have blinked in and out of existence throughout the lifespan of the earth. We didn't kill them all.

It's just nature. We are of nature, everything we do is done by manipulating the natural environment to suit our needs.

Sure the planet would be better off without us. And sooner or later we will be gone, but no matter how badly we mess up the environment the earth will self correct itself and it will be as if we never here for billions of years before the sun goes all red giant and consumes it. I'm sure the cockroach people will have their chance to f*** everything up too. Just as we did, and the dinosaurs before us.

So enjoy life. Be good. Eat animals if you want cause they'd sure as shit eat you if they could. Or eat kale. Whatever makes you happy. Regardless, life exists on the back of other life. We destroy to survive, as have every other species in history. We just have big brains and opposable thumbs so we got really f***ing good at it.

Getting all Evangelical with your beliefs is a douchy self righteous thing. So maybe try to avoid doing that.

Cause I'm quite content eating chickens and petting cats at night. And that sure as hell isn't going to change. Just as you arent. And that's cool. To each their own. Just keep it to yourself.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Some animals are delicious. Some are good companions. Some exist because of the destruction we cause and would go extinct without us. Others we've wiped out. But species have blinked in and out of existence throughout the lifespan of the earth. We didn't kill them all.

It's just nature. We are of nature, everything we do is done by manipulating the natural environment to suit our needs.

Sure the planet would be better off without us. And sooner or later we will be gone, but no matter how badly we mess up the environment the earth will self correct itself and it will be as if we never here for billions of years before the sun goes all red giant and consumes it. I'm sure the cockroach people will have their chance to **** everything up too. Just as we did, and the dinosaurs before us.

So enjoy life. Be good. Eat animals if you want cause they'd sure as **** eat you if they could. Or eat kale. Whatever makes you happy. Regardless, life exists on the back of other life. We destroy to survive, as have every other species in history. We just have big brains and opposable thumbs so we got really ****ing good at it.

Getting all Evangelical with your beliefs is a *****y self righteous thing. So maybe try to avoid doing that.

Cause I'm quite content eating chickens and petting cats at night. And that sure as hell isn't going to change. Just as you arent. And that's cool. To each their own. Just keep it to yourself.

That made me think of when I read about humans being the only animal which has sex for pleasure. No, I don’t have a link.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
That made me think of when I read about humans being the only animal which has sex for pleasure. No, I don’t have a link.

Primates for sure have sex for pleasure. Some of them even have homosexual sex, especially the females.

But then we aren't very far removed from them

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Bachelor party in Nashville this weekend then 6 am flight on Monday and straight to the office.

Gonna be rough.

Reactions: coladin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad