OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Montreal's police force went on strike for 16 hours in 1969. Looting, rioting and bank robberies instantly went through the roof. The army had to be called in and it was forever known as Montreal's "Night of Terror." I have no issues with additional money being spent on things like mental health and addiction. Police are asked to be psychologists, which they just aren't capable of. That being said people such as the protesters at the Minneapolis rally that shouted at the mayor for not wanting to abolish police entirely, those people are f***ing bonkers.

Knowing everything we do about the close cooperation between police and mafia, in 1969 all the more so, I have no doubt the police made sure the word was out in the criminal community that they were going to have free reign and to take full advantage of it to drive their point home.

Not to discount your main point that the threat of police keeps a lot of people in check, but as I understand it the point is that much of the day-to-day work done by police in reality could be done better by people whose job description it is to do social work, etc.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
My kid is starting electrical engineering and physics this Fall and needs a laptop. Any suggestions? I was thinking on a gaming laptop because they're powerful and usually rugged. Something like an Asus Tuf A15. We'd like to keep it under $1500. Any advice is appreciated. Cheers.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
My kid is starting electrical engineering and physics this Fall and needs a laptop. Any suggestions? I was thinking on a gaming laptop because they're powerful and usually rugged. Something like an Asus Tuf A15. We'd like to keep it under $1500. Any advice is appreciated. Cheers.

Congratulations to your son! That's a great field to go into.

From what I hear, a lot of graphics people tend to go the Mac route. Don't know enough about PC to point to a specific model. Perhaps the university/course teachers would have recommendations?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
ThinkPad P53s | Up to 43% Off Workstations | Lenovo Canada
Check the specs on this one. I had a highend Lenovo Thinkpad .. I7 quad core it was an awesome machine. Unfortunately it didn't like my coffee all that much. I like the I7 quad core muti threaded processor to allow me to run a database server on it and other apps and do development. 16GB memory is minimum and that 512 GB SSD on this one would be nice as well. Can always add more cheap external HD thru a high speed USB port. This one has an SD as well.
My son took Electrical engineering at Queens.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Ottawa’s Board of Health has voted unanimously to recognize racism as a public health issue.

LOL, this is so f***ing crazy lol.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
How else would local politicians be able to justify getting their protest photo ops after telling us to lock ourselves in our houses for the last 4 months?
It's about having the power to do something, not knowing what to do, and asking others who have the same influence who have no idea, and then plop. "WE DID IT"
:laugh:

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
You are minding your own business walking down the street when suddenly time stops, and you find yourself with a controller in your hand. It's a quick-time event!
USbd1uY.gif

You need to press X. What button do you press?
a) 1
b) 2
c) 3
d) 4

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You are minding your own business walking down the street when suddenly time stops, and you find yourself with a controller in your hand. It's a quick-time event!
USbd1uY.gif

a) 1
b) 2
c) 3
d) 4

Why would you number the buttons the give options a, b, c, and d...

Anyways, i mash a, b, and d all at the same time until i can figure out what system I'm on... Is it a dreamcast?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
USbd1uY.gif

a) 1
b) 2
c) 3
d) 4

What does X do: confirm? "Refuse/go back"?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
USbd1uY.gif

a) 1
b) 2
c) 3
d) 4
2 for sure. I might think "crap shoulda pressed 4" in that millisecond between pressing it and seeing the result, but instinctively 3's it.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
USbd1uY.gif

a) 1
b) 2
c) 3
d) 4

My first instinct is 1, but I still live in the SNES age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad