OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Reading that article, those all sound like unfortunate cases. Social media does create situations where a virtual torch and pitchfork mob can do an online lynching thinking they are enacting vigilante justice. Are these cases just a few bad apples or is this a systemic problem?

The problem is that a lot of people somehow think that this is the first time in history that we have figured out how to make good people or a good society .

It’s the same political ebb and flow as throughout history . Progress has been made this whole time , and it certainly wasn’t thanks to Marxists.

I can’t wait for some of these people’s children to start berating them with the nouveau ethical language of their day in 20 years .

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
The problem is that a lot of people somehow think that this is the first time in history that we have figured out how to make good people or a good society .

It’s the same political ebb and flow as throughout history . Progress has been made this whole time , and it certainly wasn’t thanks to Marxists.

I can’t wait for some of these people’s children to start berating them with the nouveau ethical language of their day in 20 years .

I hadnt noticed marxism being a thing. But for sure, in 20 years some of these people better hope their kids dont find old pictures of them holding a non-recyclable cup or driving an internal combustion engine vehicle. :) Its often problematic judging people in the past by the current day's standards. Even George Carlin has told some jokes we laughed at back then that i wouldnt dare repeat now.

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
I hadnt noticed marxism being a thing. But for sure, in 20 years some of these people better hope their kids dont find old pictures of them holding a non-recyclable cup or driving an internal combustion engine vehicle. :) Its often problematic judging people in the past by the current day's standards. Even George Carlin has told some jokes we laughed at back then that i wouldnt dare repeat now.

In 20 years they'll find many of those pictures because those products will still be very much widely in use.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Getting in any vaguely political discussion on Reddit can so easily be infuriating.

On r/hockey someone said something about "boomers" getting too upset about players not wanting to play. There was a guy that disputed that and got downvoted. I defended the guy and said I thought he was right that using saying "boomers (insert something negative)" was wrong. Guy replied saying that OP didn't mean all boomers. I said that people made the same argument about Don Cherry not meaning all immigrants and that that argument was stupid and wrong. I got downvoted and accused of "thinking I can tell who is an immigrant by appearance. WTF I literally said people defending Cherry were wrong.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
See that breaking story about Dan O’Tooles one month daughter being missing ?

Super bizarre so far and limited information so I don’t know what to make of it . Honestly my spidey senses are up a bit , seems off . Seems like a domestic deal. I hope I’m very wrong .

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Super bizarre so far and limited information so I don’t know what to make of it . Honestly my spidey senses are up a bit , seems off . Seems like a domestic deal. I hope I’m very wrong .
This is nuts.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Just read the thread on the main board.

Perhaps the police being quiet in all this means they know where the baby is and don't want to do anything (publicly) that might compromise her safety by triggering the person that took her. Sometimes these things require a much more delicate approach than an all-out manhunt.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Just read the thread on the main board.

Perhaps the police being quiet in all this means they know where the baby is and don't want to do anything (publicly) that might compromise her safety by triggering the person that took her. Sometimes these things require a much more delicate approach than an all-out manhunt.

I'd place my money on a custody / domestic situation blowing up rather than an abduction.

I partially agree, if they had no idea who "took" her , there would be an all-out manhunt. Time is crucial in an abduction. That said, the vast majority of these situations are domestically driven.

If it's not quickly resolved in the sense of appeals for help or a resolution, then it's definitely domestic not abduction.

Edit: And there it is. Domestic issue. Kid is safe.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I didn’t realize this dolphin emulator could play GameCube games so smoothly. Awesome stuff

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Definitely feels like a mental health issue. Hope I'm wrong.

I think it’s just more of a classic domestic break down . They get so ugly and toxic .

It might be easier to explain it as some kind of mental health crisis on one of the parties, but it can just be that people get into really unhealthy relationships .

Does that severely effect a persons mental health ? Of course .

He’s certainly not helping himself now trying to play the offended party .

He makes a post on his huge social media platform saying his daughter has been taken from him , and then turns off comments .

He then takes some minor shots at reporters for digging (which he should obviously know they would do ) and subsequently says he can’t believe people would question the story .

That’s not a reasonable position to take , except that he likely has never had anyone in the journalism field looking at his life before in a manner he didn’t have input in , so it may feel incredible to him.

Police then say daughter is safe with mother , nothing else to add . If you have any experience in the family court or criminal system , you can easily read between the lines of what general arena we are operating in here..

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Are vegan mothers allowed to breast feed?

Go see a doctor or to a nursing clinic and they will discuss everything her. If you are going in blind, I would say no. It may be possible with proper supplementation, but do not take any risks when it comes to newborn and infant development.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Are vegan mothers allowed to breast feed?
Are mothers who are against violence and planet destruction allowed to breast feed? My god I sure hope not. ;)

Ha. Not sure if you’re trolling or what but yeah why not? And “allowed” by who? Weird question man.

It is best for humans of all ages at all stages to eat a plant based diet. That’s not my “agenda” talking just science.

If that’s a real question though then check out Doctors specializing in nutrition like Dr Barnard, Dr Greger, Dr Klaper, Dr Milton Mills, Campbell, Esselstyn, Ornish etc.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

George Orwell

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad