OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
A big hit with a sledge hammer by the back of the tire , normally work
what do you mean?

as in hit the rim, hit the tire (side wall) or hit the thread portion of the tire?

Hot the rim, It did, fairly hard with a hammer and piece of wood to prevent damage. DO I need to wallop it way harder????

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
what do you mean?

as in hit the rim, hit the tire (side wall) or hit the thread portion of the tire?

Hot the rim, It did, fairly hard with a hammer and piece of wood to prevent damage. DO I need to wallop it way harder????
Hit the tire ( side wall at the bottom )

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
what do you mean?

yep, really put your back into it. Not gonna break anything there.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
so let me get this straight. Police get called to an altercation. They show up to 2 girls fighting. One girl knocks the other girl to the ground, then pulls out a knife and goes to stab the girl on the ground. The cop shoots the girl with the knife. Now people are calling for the officer's head?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
so let me get this straight. Police get called to an altercation. They show up to 2 girls fighting. One girl knocks the other girl to the ground, then pulls out a knife and goes to stab the girl on the ground. The cop shoots the girl with the knife. Now people are calling for the officer's head?

Without really wanting to wade into this, there's one thing we should be able to agree on - in what country other than the US does this situation end up with someone getting shot dead?

Then, of course, there's the issue of when has (or would) a 16-year-old white girl ever been shot down like this? But I don't know to what extent this discussion is permitted here, if not I apologise.

Reactions: Beech
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Without really wanting to wade into this, there's one thing we should be able to agree on - in what country other than the US does this situation end up with someone getting shot dead?

Then, of course, there's the issue of when has (or would) a 16-year-old white girl ever been shot down like this? But I don't know to what extent this discussion is permitted here, if not I apologise.
This exact situation? Police roll us to a situation, and see an armed assailant assaulting a defenseless victim? Any country with armed police is using lethal force here, and it would be completely justified. Doesn't matter if it's Japan, Syria or Canada.

Yes, the United States has a problem with police abuse of power. But this situation isn't one of them, and people like Lebron conflating this with George Floyd is hurting the reform movement more than it's helping.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
a new business opened up locally out here. Recreational cannabis. I open my door and there is a flier.

Okay, where is the free sample????

I have gotten; Nuttela, Depends, up-tight and out of sight (Tampons), mayo and about a 1/2 dozen other products...what do you do if that string breaks on a tampon???.. But no sample from them.

the Depends were too small.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Anyone has any idea of how to remove stuck wheels? The rear wheels on my vehicle are stuck on..corrosion buildup something awful.

I have kicked the hell out of them. Pounded with a hammer and wood piece from the outside and inside. Lower them only angled blocked. Drove on them without the lugs tightened and nada.

The darn things are on there as if they have been welded.

Yea, I tried WD40 in the hope of breaking the bond and nothing. Is there some commercially available chemical etchant/rust remover that you guys recommend?

WD40 is garbage. You can try Liquid Wrench, if that fails you will need to take a blow torch to the lug nuts.
This is why you put anti-seize on the winter tires.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
WD40 is garbage. You can try Liquid Wrench, if that fails you will need to take a blow torch to the lug nuts.
This is why you put anti-seize on the winter tires.
it's not the lugs Qward. It is the interfaces. The axle relative to the hole in the wheel rim and the contact interfaces around the studs.

My car sat for a long time in the garage this year. Perfect +10 to +15 temperature. Ideal for corrosion.

I never experienced this before, because I use to park outside and the temperature change would lead to thermal expansion/contraction which slowed corrosion. As did driving around.

I needed to lather the interface with anti-seize compound in the fall!!!! I did not anticipate it sitting as ideally as it did. Lesson for all you "do it yourself". Funny, I was careful to sand the wheel to remove all rust and did not use a metal brush. The wheel material and the axle metal must be incredibly apart on the galvanic scale.

A butane torch when I can get to a hardware store, or a G70 chain and use the jack to pull it off.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
I am the worlds weakest man..or it is f'n stuck. I will try the jack with chain as a tire puller...

do you guys think a heat torch will work?

I've never needed more than a 5 lb sledge on the sidewall of a tire.
Though, there is something else that I'll do that hasn't been mentioned. Sit in front of the tire, lean back, put your feet on either side of the tire and alternate hard kicks with your heels on both sides of the tire to pry it loose. You'll have more kicking power using your heel like this instead of the ball of your foot standing up.

If I go beyond changing a tire (easily) into longer jobs, I'll typically use a jack stand or I'll double up the jacks with a cheapo scissor jack on the pinch weld.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
I've never needed more than a 5 lb sledge on the sidewall of a tire.
Though, there is something else that I'll do that hasn't been mentioned. Sit in front of the tire, lean back, put your feet on either side of the tire and alternate hard kicks with your heels on both sides of the tire to pry it loose. You'll have more kicking power using your heel like this instead of the ball of your foot standing up.

If I go beyond changing a tire (easily) into longer jobs, I'll typically use a jack stand or I'll double up the jacks with a cheapo scissor jack on the pinch weld.
Thanks, I have tried. Believe me. If you physically look at the wheels (both left rear and right rear), the axle goes through a hole that is only marginally bigger than it. The corrosion sealed it something awful. And I am guessing the contact areas around the studs are probably fully corroded. The rims show real big signs of corrosion. The conditions must have been ideal to make them corrode so bad.

I need a G70 chain and a jack to pull it off. Or a torch. Or some real heavy duty etchant. I used a jack with a light duty metal wire (50 lb pull strength)..snapped it.

Unreal!!! Lesson learned...

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Thanks, I have tried. Believe me. If you physically look at the wheels (both left rear and right rear), the axle goes through a hole that is only marginally bigger than it. The corrosion sealed it something awful. And I am guessing the contact areas around the studs are probably fully corroded. The rims show real big signs of corrosion. The conditions must have been ideal to make them corrode so bad.

I need a G70 chain and a jack to pull it off. Or a torch. Or some real heavy duty etchant. I used a jack with a light duty metal wire (50 lb pull strength)..snapped it.

That sucks. I guess it is mechanic time...

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

You should be able to get the tire off by putting some form of lub on it, letting it work its way in, then hitting the rim on the inside with a small sledge. Rotate the wheel and whack it again. Rotate. Whack. Rotate. Whack. If after 10 or so of those the tire doesn't come off, you should take it to a garage because going next level after starts to get dangerous

And going forward....grease the hub.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Why they would remove Johnny cage from the movie entirely and make some f*** named Cole with the super power of a metal shirt the main character is beyond me.
MK has 100000 characters. I have no idea why they made up a new one (that is shit)

And they put in the arcana plot line (super dumb) just to give the main character an unlockable. It’s so so so contrived.

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007

This is usually a problem with a rim size that the bore is way too snug on the hub. You always want a bit of clearance there. Sounds like the hub and the rim bore has seized. Put in some earplugs and blast away with a hammer around the hub.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Take it to a garage before you end up breaking something expensive.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
You guys gotta get on Mare of Easttown.

Your next big HBO crime drama tv fix. First two episodes are fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad