OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So much talk about the Masters today. Not only is golf boring as sin to watch, in this day and age with all the discontent about climate change, dunno why isn't isn't more talk about shutting down the most environmentally destructive sport in the world.
confused-no-nope-gif-13134027

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So much talk about the Masters today. Not only is golf boring as sin to watch, in this day and age with all the discontent about climate change, dunno why isn't isn't more talk about shutting down the most environmentally destructive sport in the world.

People like to say they care about climate change.

People do not like to do anything about climate change.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Need a new car. Anyone got a good used dealership. That aren’t full of f***ing pricks ?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Need a new car. Anyone got a good used dealership. That aren’t full of f***ing pricks ?

I can recommend Silver Automotive on Gladstone. It is a mechanic shop so not a dealership but prices are fair and the two people who run the shop are quality individuals.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I would avoid going to a dealership for a used car. Way above market price and the interest rate will be complete shit if you need to finance any of it. Find a car you like on Kijiji being sold by owner and go see it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I would avoid going to a dealership for a used car. Way above market price and the interest rate will be complete shit if you need to finance any of it. Find a car you like on Kijiji being sold by owner and go see it.
I hate buying from people Honeslty. I mean. Used dealerships are people too and possibly more shady.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The 911 will hold it's value better than anything else you mentioned I believe. You can find used Astons and R8s for well under 100k...that's a big drop easily 50% of the original value. Would never happen with the GT3. Like you said, they are valuable assets now, people can even flip them for a profit just because the demand is so high for them.

That's the interesting thing about getting that high up the wealth ladder...all these nifty little built in safeguards to maintain and/or increase wealth.

Would be nice if all of us poor schmucks driving crappy old Fords and GMs could have those cars retain value like that.

Reactions: branch

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's the interesting thing about getting that high up the wealth ladder...all these nifty little built in safeguards to maintain and/or increase wealth.

Would be nice if all of us poor schmucks driving crappy old Fords and GMs could have those cars retain value like that.

I think a Toyota retains its value "better" than a Mercedez.

Expensive cars lose a ton of value, especially in Canada with how liberal we are with salt and stuff. Thing is, their starting point is so high that, even used, they fetch a good amount of cash; but they still likely lose value "faster" than a Toyota/Honda.

My brother used to be all about the fancy cars but eventually he settled on "regular" cars because it was much cheaper in the long run. Especially when you factor how insanely expensive repairs on fancy cars are.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I hate buying from people Honeslty. I mean. Used dealerships are people too and possibly more shady.

I would probably go to a new car dealership and try my luck there. My son got a nice 2017 Golf from GoldStar, in Carp, . It was in 2018 and he got is for 17,500. 30k, rental return (which doesn't scare me). Drives beautifully. However, a year and a bit into it, the bottom door sill started to peel. Hmm. Went to dealer for a warranty repair and they said that the car had been in some sort of accident and it was repainted poorly. I didn't catch it when looking at it, as the paint match looked quite good, but they figured something out , even measuring the paint thickness so the evidence is irrefutable! Waddaya gonna do?

Car had a clean CarFax report because Hertz clearly fixed the door and didn't file a clam, so don't be fooled by CarFax reports. get the car checked out.

Rental returns, I have been through a couple and only brakes really take a beating

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I would probably go to a new car dealership and try my luck there. My son got a nice 2017 Golf from GoldStar, in Carp, . It was in 2018 and he got is for 17,500. 30k, rental return (which doesn't scare me). Drives beautifully. However, a year and a bit into it, the bottom door sill started to peel. Hmm. Went to dealer for a warranty repair and they said that the car had been in some sort of accident and it was repainted poorly. I didn't catch it when looking at it, as the paint match looked quite good, but they figured something out , even measuring the paint thickness so the evidence is irrefutable! Waddaya gonna do?

Car had a clean CarFax report because Hertz clearly fixed the door and didn't file a clam, so don't be fooled by CarFax reports. get the car checked out.

Rental returns, I have been through a couple and only brakes really take a beating
Yeah I heard rental returns ain’t bad. May do new this time I’ve never actually had a brand new car

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Lol I was looking at the new ones. The whole new line at Honda is actually pretty nice. I like the new accord
My girlfriend and I got a newish Crv and we love it. Cant go wrong with Honda/Acura or Toyota/Lexus reliability wise. Even Hyundai and Kia are a great buy for the last decade or so.

Bargaining is pretty tough with dealers these days, most of them have to price their vehicles expecting customers will do their research before they come in.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
My girlfriend and I got a newish Crv and we love it. Cant go wrong with Honda/Acura or Toyota/Lexus reliability wise. Even Hyundai and Kia are a great buy for the last decade or so.

Bargaining is pretty tough with dealers these days, most of them have to price their vehicles expecting customers will do their research before they come in.
Yeah I’m coming from the Ze Germans so yeah reliability would be nice

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I leased a new car when I moved to Florida. Buying used is the smart thing to do economically but there's something magical about pulling plastic wrap off of your interior haha.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Anyone has any idea of how to remove stuck wheels? The rear wheels on my vehicle are stuck on..corrosion buildup something awful.

I have kicked the hell out of them. Pounded with a hammer and wood piece from the outside and inside. Lower them only angled blocked. Drove on them without the lugs tightened and nada.

The darn things are on there as if they have been welded.

Yea, I tried WD40 in the hope of breaking the bond and nothing. Is there some commercially available chemical etchant/rust remover that you guys recommend?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Anyone has any idea of how to remove stuck wheels? The rear wheels on my vehicle are stuck on..corrosion buildup something awful.

I have kicked the hell out of them. Pounded with a hammer and wood piece from the outside and inside. Lower them only angled blocked. Drove on them without the lugs tightened and nada.

The darn things are on there as if they have been welded.

Yea, I tried WD40 in the hope of breaking the bond and nothing. Is there some commercially available chemical etchant/rust remover that you guys recommend?
A big hit with a sledge hammer by the back of the tire , normally work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille