OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Wow, surprised by the 911 love. No doubt a great car, and maybe I should have said it was a 911 GT3 in that equation which will only make the 911 lovers say it is a slam dunk. The new GT3 sounds insane, but at the end of the day it is a pretty common car. But it can be bought with a stick, as can the Aston. I am digging the Vantage lately. The R8 always catches my eye, plus two of these cars are serviceable in Ottawa.

Still, with all that logic, the Aston is pulling at the heart...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Wow, surprised by the 911 love. No doubt a great car, and maybe I should have said it was a 911 GT3 in that equation which will only make the 911 lovers say it is a slam dunk. The new GT3 sounds insane, but at the end of the day it is a pretty common car. But it can be bought with a stick, as can the Aston. I am digging the Vantage lately. The R8 always catches my eye, plus two of these cars are serviceable in Ottawa.

If I had a choice I wouldn’t choose any of those, but out of the three you gave the 911 fits my classic design eye. Now if we were talking about some older model Aston Martins my opinions would change ;)

I do love the black BMW i8 though, gorgeous car.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

R8 is nice and they sound amazing, but too flashy for me. 911 is more classy.

Astons are nice, a neighbour of mine had one and used it a lot. No complaints.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The university is close to where I live and there are a ton of international kids in the area. Many much be from very wealthy families because there are a ton of gt3 RS’s, sls’s, M everything, and all shapes and sizes of brand new US special edition muscle. Not many AM’s though.

Audi’s are the du jour vehicle in town these days for the upscale folks. Along with the new, and terrible, Defenders.

If you were asking me to pick for my town, I’d have to revise my pick and go with the AM, a lot fewer around. Though for my money the i8 is the best looking ;)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
R8 is nice and they sound amazing, but too flashy for me. 911 is more classy.

Astons are nice, a neighbour of mine had one and used it a lot. No complaints.

The 911 GT3 rs is the definition of flashy! I’m at the point where I would have to assume that they only make them in neon colours with massive spoilers... haha

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Ah, the semi-annual devolution into a topic that is complete gobbledy-gook to me..

:boredom:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I would do rotten, unforgivable things for a 911 GT3. Not an exaggeration.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The other variable is buying a 911 GT3 will hold its value well. A friend of mine just sold his 911 GT3 for what he paid for it 2 years ago. Think about that. Drive that car for free for 2 years (just pay for it first!). Certain cars, they just simply hold their value. Another friend of mine has an older ZR1 and he drove it for 7 years and will lose exactly 10 thousand bucks. Outstanding.

A car I left off the list is the AMG GT-S, or GT-R. That car , as great as it is, simply sinks like a stone. The same price as an R8 leaving a showroom, and you can buy a 2012 R8 for the price of a 2016 AMG GTS. That is atrocious. And that is part of what worries me about the Aston, but the Aston is so damn exclusive

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Ohhhh that Skyline!

No love for the i8?

You’re right about the 911, they will always hold value, even if it’s a VW now ;)

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ohhhh that Skyline!

No love for the i8?

You’re right about the 911, they will always hold value, even if it’s a VW now ;)
Sorry, I meant the AMG GTR! Not a fan of the Skyline. Ever. Admire what it does but just not for me.

i8, aside from the doors, is not my cup of tea. Not that you can go anywhere fast anymore...but it isn't fast. I would be fiddling with my radio at every stoplight! Neat to look at, but just doesn't raise the passion meter.

The 911, base model. if you have heard it, they sound like shit. Same with the Turbo, even though it is eyeball popping quick. The GT3, especially the latest one, sounds incredible. At the end of the day, I am a sucker for sound and all the cars I am thinking of getting, all sound incredible and as everything goes electric, I can go grow old with my dinosaur juice - sipping monster!

Reactions: Ice-Tray

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The other variable is buying a 911 GT3 will hold its value well. A friend of mine just sold his 911 GT3 for what he paid for it 2 years ago. Think about that. Drive that car for free for 2 years (just pay for it first!). Certain cars, they just simply hold their value. Another friend of mine has an older ZR1 and he drove it for 7 years and will lose exactly 10 thousand bucks. Outstanding.

A car I left off the list is the AMG GT-S, or GT-R. That car , as great as it is, simply sinks like a stone. The same price as an R8 leaving a showroom, and you can buy a 2021 R8 for the price of a 2016 AMG GTS. That is atrocious. And that is part of what worries me about the Aston, but the Aston is so damn exclusive
The 911 will hold it's value better than anything else you mentioned I believe. You can find used Astons and R8s for well under 100k...that's a big drop easily 50% of the original value. Would never happen with the GT3. Like you said, they are valuable assets now, people can even flip them for a profit just because the demand is so high for them.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
This isn't a hard decision imo. The Aston and especially the R8 are flash over substance in my eyes.

GT3 is like the perfect car.

Caveat that I'll never be in a position to buy any of the above.

Reactions: coladin and branch

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
This isn't a hard decision imo. The Aston and especially the R8 are flash over substance in my eyes.

GT3 is like the perfect car.

Caveat that I'll never be in a position to buy any of the above.
Lawyer saying he will never have a Porsche...now I've heard it all

Reactions: coladin
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
So much talk about the Masters today. Not only is golf boring as sin to watch, in this day and age with all the discontent about climate change, dunno why isn't isn't more talk about shutting down the most environmentally destructive sport in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad