OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I need to watch a new series, as the Sens season is devastatingly coming to a close. I have basically watched every show on Apple TV, and they are all ranging from very good to excellent. I am thinking either Breaking Bad or the Crown. Thoughts?
I just finished season 1 of The Boys and I absolutely loved it. Very topical and the acting is phenomenal.

It's definitely not for everyone. Quite violent and a lot of really negative human behaviours portrayed. It's on Amazon Prime.

Reactions: coladin

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I just finished season 1 of The Boys and I absolutely loved it. Very topical and the acting is phenomenal.

It's definitely not for everyone. Quite violent and a lot of really negative human behaviours portrayed. It's on Amazon Prime.

As good as Season 1 was, Season 2 is even better. Great recommendation.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I need to watch a new series, as the Sens season is devastatingly coming to a close. I have basically watched every show on Apple TV, and they are all ranging from very good to excellent. I am thinking either Breaking Bad or the Crown. Thoughts?

Breaking Bad is like a top 2 all time show.

Usually between that and The Wire.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I loved Breaking Bad after taking a while to get into it. Same for Better Call Saul. That world building is phenomenal.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Can you expand on what went wrong? Was it just a tremendously long line-up?
Aight.
So. It was a pop up clinic for my neighbourhood. First three digits of my postal code.
They told
Me yesterday to show up at 6:30 for an appointment card
I show up at 5:30 there’s already 100 people (no problem)
someone comes out and says “if you’re
Not in postal code xxx go home. This is just for that postal code. Great. I stay
he comes out again. And repeats the same message. Great. I stay again.
6:45 roles around. We finally get to the front doors (most people in front of me have suspiciously been turned away).
Only at the front door do they reveal to you that you have to be in postal code xxx but also have the specific last three digits that they are vaccinating. They only reveal that at the f***ing door.
And when we asked which postal codes they were doing we got “we’re not allowed to reveal that information”

this dude on the microphone could have saved everyone f***ing trouble. But no.they create a pointless lineup and crowd for noooo reason. 95% of the line got turned away

im fine with long lineups. I’m fine with even having half ass service in times like these. But blatant incompetence and the inconvenience of so many people (and obviously myself) for no reason other than maybe some BS Ottawan bureaucratic bullshit. f*** me

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Aight.
So. It was a pop up clinic for my neighbourhood. First three digits of my postal code.
They told
Me yesterday to show up at 6:30 for an appointment card
I show up at 5:30 there’s already 100 people (no problem)
someone comes out and says “if you’re
Not in postal code xxx go home. This is just for that postal code. Great. I stay
he comes out again. And repeats the same message. Great. I stay again.
6:45 roles around. We finally get to the front doors (most people in front of me have suspiciously been turned away).
Only at the front door do they reveal to you that you have to be in postal code xxx but also have the specific last three digits that they are vaccinating. They only reveal that at the f***ing door.
And when we asked which postal codes they were doing we got “we’re not allowed to reveal that information”

this dude on the microphone could have saved everyone f***ing trouble. But no.they create a pointless lineup and crowd for noooo reason. 95% of the line got turned away

im fine with long lineups. I’m fine with even having half ass service in times like these. But blatant incompetence and the inconvenience of so many people (and obviously myself) for no reason other than maybe some BS Ottawan bureaucratic bullshit. f*** me

Sounds pretty sketch

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm a known contrarian so please don't feel the need to point it out but I really did not care at all for Breaking Bad (and was blown away by the end of Lost haha).

It wasn't terrible but I found it to be rather pedestrian. Cranston was great though, what a man.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
- Breaking Bad is must watch. Better Call Saul almost as good.

- Leftovers was sometimes... pointless (meaning I wasn't sure what it was trying to convey). The acting and direction were top notch, but almost too good for whatever substance it was supposed to have.

- The Wire was amazing, and I think I'm going to watch it all over again. I see why Season 5 is considered weaker, but it was going to be given how much work it needed to do to put everything together as nicely as it eventually did.

Recent shows I enjoyed (both HBO):

- My Brilliant Friend, @coladin you might enjoy this as it takes place in Naples. Can't wait for the next season, whenever it comes out!

- I Know This Much is True, a great mini-series if you like quirky indie movies. Mark Ruffalo is outstanding.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I'm a known contrarian so please don't feel the need to point it out but I really did not care at all for Breaking Bad (and was blown away by the end of Lost haha).

It wasn't terrible but I found it to be rather pedestrian. Cranston was great though, what a man.

I'm with you on this. Good show but AMC was also airing Mad Men at the time and that was a way, way better piece of television.

I just binged Invincible as well, if people are looking for something different. Adult animation; starts slow but the finale is wild.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm with you on this. Good show but AMC was also airing Mad Men at the time and that was a way, way better piece of television.

I just binged Invincible as well, if people are looking for something different. Adult animation; starts slow but the finale is wild.

I just started Mad Men and yeah, this looks like it has a lot of potential.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I just started Mad Men and yeah, this looks like it has a lot of potential.
Also incredible. You ever watch sopranos? Very similar show. Creator of mad men was a protege of David chase who created the sopranos and wrote on the show too.

actually David chase discovered him by reading a draft that would one day become mad men

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I *liked* breaking bad. Cest tout.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I thought it was pretty crazy but really engaging. I'm pretty stunned where it ended up.
Yeah. I think watching anime when I was younger is why I generally like wierd out of nowhere endings today.

I didn’t particularly enjoy The End of Evangelion as much. A little too….depraved as anime’s sometimes go. I enjoyed the original telling of the ending in the original series.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The Shield.

Crooked cops doing crazy things. Was televisions first R rated TV show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->