OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yup, it was the year I graduated university and started my job I'm still at. Crazy to think that was 14 years ago. I was watching the finals and studying for my RN exam.

That was the year I finished too! :towel:But I was even already done everything by that point, could just sit back and enjoy the ride! ... while it lasted...
Still, 14 effing years, damn.

Reactions: Here I Pageau Again

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
That was the year I finished too! :towel:But I was even already done everything by that point, could just sit back and enjoy the ride! ... while it lasted...
Still, 14 effing years, damn.

I know!! 14 years! It's absolutely insane. I still feel like a brand new novice nurse a lot of the time. But it's crazy how old I'm getting. Lol.

I was just talking with my friends from highschool, which was 18 years ago, and how when I was a kid and I thought of my 20 year reunion I pictured a saggy, grey short haired granny! I hope in 2 years I'm not looking like that (but a second child may lead to the old lady appearance)

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Living in Italy would be a dream.

Beautiful part of the planet.
I have been fortunate enough to go quite often, as a child, and adult and as a parent . I think if we add up all the trips probably 2 years (my parents were immigrants). I am fortunate that I speak fluently which makes the trips so much easier, although most tourist spots there is a lot of English. The way the merchants are on the show...that isn't just for show. They are literally like that everywhere you go in Italy. Just a wonderful people and they get better the more south you go (imo). My kids all speak Italian, tortured them with Italian school but whenever we go they are so thankful to be able to immerse themselves in the lanugage

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I have been fortunate enough to go quite often, as a child, and adult and as a parent . I think if we add up all the trips probably 2 years (my parents were immigrants). I am fortunate that I speak fluently which makes the trips so much easier, although most tourist spots there is a lot of English. The way the merchants are on the show...that isn't just for show. They are literally like that everywhere you go in Italy. Just a wonderful people and they get better the more south you go (imo). My kids all speak Italian, tortured them with Italian school but whenever we go they are so thankful to be able to immerse themselves in the lanugage
@coladin you sound like you have a very rich family life...congrats on this

Reactions: coladin

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
@Mingus Dew how goes the puppy? We just got our corgi puppy, 8 weeks. She is a f***ing landshark hell bent on wreaking a Godzilla path of suicidal reckless destruction 2 hours at a time, followed by two hours of comatose napping. Really cute tho. And really lucky our bungalow walks right out to the back deck. She’s pretty much housetrained she will go and cry by the door when she has to go out. The odd accidents there because the bladder control isn’t there yet, but probably has made it outside 90% of time time.
She’s super cute like a bad little teddy bear but I can’t be mad at her. I’m excited for when she is big and strong and smart, but I know I’ll remember these days fondly. Me and the GF are thoroughly sleep deprived and to be honest this makes me think about children and if I am right for it.
FFE6BA5A-689E-4C11-B8E5-358A328A5565.jpeg
06B6FC7F-81D4-4C52-A9B0-708E80EB0C48.jpeg
703F529B-9FA1-4F23-8034-02B1DD724F4C.jpeg
F47C7AB2-2C42-495D-B0C5-758A22A85F98.jpeg
81768E96-6E7C-4140-BBC5-F0969B531AC3.jpeg

Last edited:

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
@Mingus Dew how goes the puppy? We just got our corgi puppy, 8 weeks. She is a f***ing landshark hell bent on wreaking a Godzilla path of suicidal reckless destruction 2 hours at a time, followed by two hours of comatose napping. Really cute tho. And really lucky our bungalow walks right out to the back deck. She’s pretty much housetrained she will go and cry by the door when she has to go out. The odd accidents there because the bladder control isn’t there yet, but probably has made it outside 90% of time time.
She’s super cute like a bad little teddy bear but I can’t be mad at her. I’m excited for when she is big and strong and smart, but I know I’ll remember these days fondly. Me and the GF are thoroughly sleep deprived and to be honest this makes me think about children and if I am right for it.

You are a good poster and I enjoy what you bring to this forum.

But this is hands down your best post EVER!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
View attachment 405930 View attachment 405931 View attachment 405932 View attachment 405933 View attachment 405934

Damn that is one cute puppy. Love corgis

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
View attachment 405930 View attachment 405931 View attachment 405932 View attachment 405933 View attachment 405934

Congrats on the new family member!

A beautiful pup indeed!

Reactions: branch

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Congrats on the new family member!

A beautiful pup indeed!
Beautiful little bear cub but she is going absolutely nuclear this morning. She'll try to kill me for an hour then pass out at my feet. Teams meetings got a little bit more annoying.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

Dude congratulations! What a beautiful dog.

Rocco is getting better slowly but surely. The big thing with him is shaping - getting him to learn self-control and to make good decisions without me asking. I'm less concerned about him obeying commands (he's a fast learner) and more about him realizing that if he chooses to do something good he'll get a reward. Still bites like a mad man and makes me bleed on the reg. Great news on the housetraining. I live on the 17th floor of a rental building so it's been tough for me. Rocco still pees in the hallway or the elevator on occasion but that's getting less and less common.

Turns out I picked like the worst breed to try to train haha. People have written books on how stubborn and crazy bull terriers are. Can't wait until he chills out a bit.

Rocco is pushing 40 pounds now. Amazing how fast he's grown and he's only 18 weeks. Definitely enjoy the puppy life while you can.

But really happy that you've welcomed a new member of the family. Best of luck and I hope you enjoy every moment (even when she's latched onto your arm; I know it's tough when that happens haha).

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Dude congratulations! What a beautiful dog.

Rocco is getting better slowly but surely. The big thing with him is shaping - getting him to learn self-control and to make good decisions without me asking. I'm less concerned about him obeying commands (he's a fast learner) and more about him realizing that if he chooses to do something good he'll get a reward. Still bites like a mad man and makes me bleed on the reg. Great news on the housetraining. I live on the 17th floor of a rental building so it's been tough for me. Rocco still pees in the hallway or the elevator on occasion but that's getting less and less common.

Turns out I picked like the worst breed to try to train haha. People have written books on how stubborn and crazy bull terriers are. Can't wait until he chills out a bit.

Rocco is pushing 40 pounds now. Amazing how fast he's grown and he's only 18 weeks. Definitely enjoy the puppy life while you can.

But really happy that you've welcomed a new member of the family. Best of luck and I hope you enjoy every moment (even when she's latched onto your arm; I know it's tough when that happens haha).
Holy shit 40 pounds lmao. Yeah I am struggling to just get her to stop putting her nose into stuff she should. But she is so small and young now, she is just too dumb to realize what she is doing is bad. She sliced my right index finger nicely today too with these f***ing barracuda teeth.

Reactions: Mingus Dew

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Here's a picture of Rocco at 8 weeks for good measure.
Back at my old apartment one guy had one of these and would take it to the dog park closeby. No joke that was the fasting dog I have ever seen in my life. It was insane. The craziest fast twitch muscle.

Reactions: Mingus Dew

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Holy shit 40 pounds lmao. Yeah I am struggling to just get her to stop putting her nose into stuff she should. But she is so small and young now, she is just too dumb to realize what she is doing is bad. She sliced my right index finger nicely today too with these f***ing barracuda teeth.

He'll be ~70 by the time he's done growing. These dogs aren't that big but they're built like brick shithouses. I'm not a scrawny dude and this dog is already pulling me around. When he's got his adult strength I'm screwed.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
@coladin you sound like you have a very rich family life...congrats on this

Thanks alot. There is nothing more important and you realize that when there are uncertainties that are beyond control. Immigrant parents are incredibly difficult at times, but also a gift that my kids benefit from. Miss my dad but his influence will never fade.

OMG your puppy!

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Thanks alot. There is nothing more important and you realize that when there are uncertainties that are beyond control. Immigrant parents are incredibly difficult at times, but also a gift that my kids benefit from. Miss my dad but his influence will never fade.

OMG your puppy!
When you finally get that German Shep you will be having flashbacks to waking up hourly for the kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad