OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
So... David Bowie biopic... with no David Bowie songs in it? I apparently missed the news about this when it was initially announced, but now that the trailer has dropped I'm left wondering how you can do a movie about the guy without any of his music...

Big Bowie fan here. That doesn’t look too good to me.
Poor casting for one.
(Ah..no official permission from the family to use the music)

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Both sandwiches were stale but the new sandwich is less spicy (and definitely less salty now!). Previous sandwich gave me a heartburn.

A good sandwich always has good bread. Good bread comes from good grain. Millions of grains make the supply of flour. Many think white bread is better than whole grain. Everyone knows that whole grain is better for you, but still white bread is the top seller at the market.

I prefer rye.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Big Bowie fan here. That doesn’t look too good to me.
Poor casting for one.
(Ah..no official permission from the family to use the music)

I have pretty low expectation but will probably give it a watch if it shows up on netflix or something...

Agree that Flynn seems off as Bowie

Reactions: Icelevel

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Call me old fashioned, but I prefer when my news is just facts, not opinions.

"Hurricane kills 40."
Very sad.

"40 lives lost because democrats voted to allow abortions and god is mad. *lives were lost because of hurricane*"
So who killed the 40 people? God, abortions or the hurricane?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Hostage situation at Ubisoft Montreal.

A lot of employees evacuated to the roof.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If I want to buy a tv do I take advantage of one the Black Friday deals I see now or wait till actual Black Friday and buy then?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Man I sometimes just don't get people.

Discussing the new jerseys in a discord with a friend. There is some mild disagreement because of course there is for subjective things like this, but it seems fine. I post a link for the preorder to the Flames one since he likes Calgary and likes the Blasty jersey so that if he is interested he can get it. He posts saying he started typing his info in, but changed his mind because of the price. I say "I just like collecting jerseys. So its worth it to me lol." And "Fair enough. It's like with computers how I don't feel like I need very high end stuff, but different people have different preferences and that's just the way it is.". My friend says he disagrees, but sees where I'm coming from. I start working and the conversation stops. I go on break and I see a fair number of his posts are gone and he edited his most recent to this "
Fair enough. It's like with computers how I don't feel like I need very high end stuff, but different people have different preferences and that's just the way it is.

@Dzingel43 I don't remind you that I like to buy high end computer stuff when you bring up how you don't like to do that though....Nor do I send you links to high end computers/parts. I'm tired of giving my opinion just to be told that everyone has an opinion, so I just won't discuss jerseys anymore. Direct that stuff to the #jersey-talk channel from now on please."

Like why is everything just seen as an attack. I'm not criticizing him for having an opinion. I just want to be able to say mine too. We don't have to agree and that is fine.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What's with so many countries trying to get rid of fossil Fuels all of a sudden? Just read Quebec is looking to get rid of gas cars by 2030. California is doing the same.

Then this came up: Agenda 21 and then Agenda 2030.

Agenda 21[1] is a non-binding action plan of the United Nations with regard to sustainable development.[2] It is a product of the Earth Summit (UN Conference on Environment and Development) held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in 1992. It is an action agenda for the UN, other multilateral organizations, and individual governments around the world that can be executed at local, national, and global levels.[citation needed]
The "21" in Agenda 21 refers to the original target of the 21st century where they were hoping to achieve their development goals by then. It has been affirmed and had a few modifications at subsequent UN conferences. Since it found 2000[1] was an overly optimistic date, its new timeline is targeting 2030. Its aim is to achieve global sustainable development. One major objective of the Agenda 21 initiative is that every local government should draw its own local Agenda 21. Since 2015, Sustainable Development Goals are included in the newer Agenda 2030

So in 1992 the UN decided that the world was going to move in this direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad