OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I really don't get what people have against daylight savings. I don't want it not getting light until 9 in the morning in the winter and I don't want it starting to get light at 3am in the summer.
Some of us dont want to be driving home from work at 5pm and its dark out.
I missed out on golf times this year because I had to stay at work later because of the shift. Its a stupid system and needs to go.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Some of us dont want to be driving home from work at 5pm and its dark out.
I missed out on golf times this year because I had to stay at work later because of the shift. Its a stupid system and needs to go.

But isn't it just trading that for driving to work while it's dark out anyhow?
I like to sleep mornings away any chance I get, so I guess I could get on board, but sending the kids to school when it's still dark out is awful. If they moved school starting times forward an hour though...

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Was asked if I would be interested in applying for a job, I said yes I was, then got an email saying thank you but another candidate was selected.

Thanks for wasting my time. Dicks.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Was asked if I would be interested in applying for a job, I said yes I was, then got an email saying thank you but another candidate was selected.

Thanks for wasting my time. Dicks.
Did you actually apply and/or get an interview? Or did someone ask you to apply, and before you had a chance you got the "another candidate was selected" email?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Did you actually apply and/or get an interview? Or did someone ask you to apply, and before you had a chance you got the "another candidate was selected" email?
They reached out to me and asked if I would be interested. Asked for me to provide documentation. I did. Then two weeks later I get an email letting me know they selected someone else.
Never got an interview. I had worked for them in the past. When I left my three supervisors all gave me high praise. Government. What can you do.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
They reached out to me and asked if I would be interested. Asked for me to provide documentation. I did. Then two weeks later I get an email letting me know they selected someone else.
Never got an interview. I had worked for them in the past. When I left my three supervisors all gave me high praise. Government. What can you do.

you may experience more and more of this. They seem to be more interested in building up a pool. Essentially provide cover for their hire. The request for paperwork is to make sure the files are complete.

Sadly it gives people false hope. They don't realize what they are doing. That approach has gotten into the private sector as well. Hiring agencies will have you go through hoops to send them paperwork and then send you a rejection an hour later. Consider yourself lucky, 2 weeks is better than 2 hours.

If the e-mail read like it was written by a lawyer, then it was HR and ass covering. I once e-mailed with a contact, then I got the "Thanks, but no thanks"...When I was dealing with him he was cool, informal, half assed English. Suddenly, subsequent e-mails had legalese and sounded like he had graduated from Harvard Law.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I really don't get what people have against daylight savings. I don't want it not getting light until 9 in the morning in the winter and I don't want it starting to get light at 3am in the summer.

I think a lot of it is just the hassle of switching back and forth. I definitely hate it.

Just pick a time and stay there.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
My PayPal was hacked and I cannot contact them at all. I can't message them through their site nor can I call them.

Great.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
My PayPal was hacked and I cannot contact them at all. I can't message them through their site nor can I call them.

Great.

Sorry to hear that. With the economy down, hacking is on the rise.

My Instagram was almost hacked today. It was opened in Africa this morning (or at least the fake IP). Facebook locked it down.

Be vigilant and change passwords regularly.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Great.

That's awful. I recently lost access to a gmail account I've been using for 15 years alongside my main account to sign up for various services. It just suddenly blocked me out for "suspicious activity" and even though I know the password I unfortunately can't get back in because the "recovery email" that I had entered no longer exists. Google has no customer support for Gmail accounts, only an automated process that I can't get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad