Post-Game Talk: Sens lose again - 3 to 2 for the Isles

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Dorion Is quite clearly mad at Pinto and his frusterstions are being echoed by Garrioch. Mad that he could have traded assets to make room. We have seen this petty behavior bebefore.
Buddy I am still fuming at that intermission report. Pinto is suspended 41 games the NHL said that's that and they aren't discussing it. After 41 games Shane Pinto is allowed to play in the NHL. If the Sens don't want him 31 other teams would take him with open arms. It was disgusting for Bruce to come on national TV and say Pinto needs to come crawling back for 800k. Also to tell the world that Pinto was about to sign for 2m for 2 years, I mean the kid is embarrassed already, he's the biggest NHL story being suspended, now you tell the world he was about to have 4 million but now he has nothing.

Shame on Bruce, shame on Pierre for telling Bruce what to say, shame on TSN for allowing Jaba the Garrioch on TV to say that shit.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Analytics were good last night (there is always a good excuse with this team)
No need to panic
Who needs to rack up points when the schedule is uber easy when you can chase opponents mid February and calculate the probabilities and count on other teams losses to get in later in the year?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Never seen the board react like this. Even the most balanced and thoughtful posters have had it. I've only been here for a couple years, has it happened before? I'm not trying to dig at old wounds, this seems different today.
It's the exact same thing to start the season. But this time with even more talent and less effort. People don't want another meaningless season. However were almost there already. Same mistakes same no shows. I've had it. I don't even enjoy the games anymore I just get angry. It's frustersting because you know what's gonna happen and you still watch. Once anger turns into apathy with an on coming recession. I'm scared at where this ends up. They just dont play winning hockey. Two games in a row Stutzle and Tkachuk have 2 on 1's each and don't get a shot on net on either in third. How.... how does no one compete for pucks in the slot. How?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Buddy I am still fuming at that intermission report. Pinto is suspended 41 games the NHL said that's that and they aren't discussing it. After 41 games Shane Pinto is allowed to play in the NHL. If the Sens don't want him 31 other teams would take him with open arms. It was disgusting for Bruce to come on national TV and say Pinto needs to come crawling back for 800k. Also to tell the world that Pinto was about to sign for 2m for 2 years, I mean the kid is embarrassed already, he's the biggest NHL story being suspended, now you tell the world he was about to have 4 million but now he has nothing.

Shame on Bruce, shame on Pierre for telling Bruce what to say, shame on TSN for allowing Jaba the Garrioch on TV to say that shit.

Yeah that was embarrassing. Saying he would need AHL time. Sorry brucie, were not that stacked. He's making our team, along with every other team in the league.

How does Bruce garrioch still have a job? It's been a decade or more of fans shitting on him and asking for his termination.

Anyone know who his boss is? I'd be curious to write an email.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I was banned from posting on HF but it got resolved and I'm back. That's what those comments are about.

For what!?!? All you do is make hilarious jokes or make well informed posts.

This site is going to shit.

You can have a thread with everyone making fun of sens fans for 8 pages despite the clear rules saying not to make fun of posters...and yet when one person calls out the trolls for trolling, they get infracted.

This site, like the sens, is under massive leadership issues. Then you talk to mods and they have no idea what's going on with other mods. Zero consistency. Total secrecy too. Zero transparency. Zero working together with this site.

Should have an open discussion regarding discipline where everyone can share their 2 cents and vote on things. Make people feel like they're more part of the community.

Every time there's issues they don't listen to the masses and shut everything down and say nothing.

It's not very welcoming.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Only reason? Of course not

A big part of the equation? Absolutely. He's one of the best goalies in the league and had an outstanding night.

All situations
4.52 xGF, 3.06 xGA, 59.67% xGF%

You could also use your eyes to see Sorokin was outstanding,

We were lucky to get as many power plays as we did, can't count on that every game, but Sorokin was the difference between us making them pay for it or not.
Yeah sorokin was good. But like. The NHL has relatively incredible goalies. You’re going to run into a goalie that’s playing good what? 60% of the time?

good teams still win most of the time when the opposing teams goalie is playing well.

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that last year the other teams goalie always seems to be playing well?

Reactions: LiseL

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
For what!?!? All you do is make hilarious jokes or make well informed posts.

This site is going to shit.

You can have a thread with everyone making fun of sens fans for 8 pages despite the clear rules saying not to make fun of posters...and yet when one person calls out the trolls for trolling, they get infracted.

This site, like the sens, is under massive leadership issues. Then you talk to mods and they have no idea what's going on with other mods. Zero consistency. Total secrecy too. Zero transparency. Zero working together with this site.

Should have an open discussion regarding discipline where everyone can share their 2 cents and vote on things. Make people feel like they're more part of the community.

Every time there's issues they don't listen to the masses and shut everything down and say nothing.

It's not very welcoming.
I was out of line and took full responsibility for my actions, has nothing to do with anyone but me.

Yeah that was embarrassing. Saying he would need AHL time. Sorry brucie, were not that stacked. He's making our team, along with every other team in the league.

How does Bruce garrioch still have a job? It's been a decade or more of fans shitting on him and asking for his termination.

That was my final straw with that mouthpiece I found that segment ridiculous and totally out of line.

Reactions: jbeck5

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah sorokin was good. But like. The NHL has relatively incredible goalies. You’re going to run into a goalie that’s playing good what? 60% of the time?

good teams still win most of the time when the opposing teams goalie is playing well.

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that last year the other teams goalie always seems to be playing well?
Well the point was Sorokin was a factor beyond just what you'd expect in any given night. That was pretty clear watching the game. He kept them in it when the ice tilted and they paraded to the penalty box.

There are things to criticize about how the team is playing, and things to praise. They didn't come out playing well, we were down two early and had something like 5 shots to their 17 at one point. But, we managed to tie the game up and take control of a while, Sorokin unfortunately shut the door. Think about that for a min, during the final 45 mins or so, we outshot them 42 to 21.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well the point was Sorokin was a factor beyond just what you'd expect in any given night. That was pretty clear watching the game. He kept them in it when the ice tilted and they paraded to the penalty box.

There are things to criticize about how the team is playing, and things to praise. They didn't come out playing well, we were down two early and had something like 5 shots to their 17 at one point. But, we managed to tie the game up and take control of a while, Sorokin unfortunately shut the door. Think about that for a min, during the final 45 mins or so, we outshot them 42 to 21.
If he was truly that incredible he wouldn’t have let in two so so goals. He was beatable. We beat him twice.

We let them beat us 3 times because we are a complete disaster with odd man rushes against and breakdowns in our own zone.

So I mean. We could have won. It’s not like sorokin did not let us score.

Quite possible to win that game 2-1 or 2-0. So. Sorokin was not the biggest factor.

In yesterdays game we needed 4 goals to win. That can’t be expected every game. We’re not gonna score 4 every game.

Reactions: MarkStone

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If he was truly that incredible he wouldn’t have let in two so so goals. He was beatable. We beat him twice.

We let them beat us 3 times because we are a complete disaster with odd man rushes against and breakdowns in our own zone.

So I mean. We could have won. It’s not like sorokin did not let us score.

Quite possible to win that game 2-1 or 2-0. So. Sorokin was not the biggest factor.
Oh, Ok, so goalies have to be perfect to impact outcomes of games, gotcha, I'll be sure to come back for your next brilliant analysis.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Oh, Ok, so goalies have to be perfect to impact outcomes of games, gotcha, I'll be sure to come back for your next brilliant analysis.
Well he played well dude. Just more dumb excuses. When you need to score 4 to win a game…maybe the problem is a little closer to home than the other teams goalie. Is all I’m saying.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I was banned from posting on HF but it got resolved and I'm back. That's what those comments are about.

Kinda makes me regret missing what it looks like when 2CHAINZ throws off the chains. Glad it got resolved though, top poster for sure 🤗

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well he played well dude. Just more dumb excuses. When you need to score 4 to win a game…maybe the problem is a little closer to home than the other teams goalie. Is all I’m saying.
Nobody has said our problem was exclusively the opposition's goalie, that's the strawman you created.

The goalie however was a part of the equation, a pretty big one given how well he played. That's going to happen in this league, so we need to clean up the parts we can control, but pretending the opposition doesn't play into the end result isn't productive.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Kinda makes me regret missing what it looks like when 2CHAINZ throws off the chains. Glad it got resolved though, top poster for sure 🤗
Hahah nah it wasn't anything crazy. I thought someone was trolling and I was frustrated. Dorion was still GM, sens were down 2 - 0 and the camera panned over to DJ and I snapped. Appreciate the love

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

When he comes back, he likely will get a couple of AHL games before he plays an NHL game to get in game shape.

Any word on Branny?

Reactions: Emrasie

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Man I can't believe I didn't wake up to a DJ Smith or Dorion have been fired tweet.

Fridays are Andlauers announcement days, so there is still time.
The players have to be tuning out DJ at this point. No matter how much you like someone at the end of the day losing f***ing sucks.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Outside of coaching (and this is somewhat related to coaching) The players look very panicked. Like after they have a flurry of offensive and don’t score, the next shift in the defensive zone is always a disaster. People are blowing the zone the defensive is so rushed to get that puck out. Everyone scrambling. It’s like they think they’ll never get another shot again. They’re so anxious to try and score. Someone needs to reign them in. We have offensive tools. Great ones. The puck will be in our zone sometimes. The players need to realize they just need to take care of business in the d zone. They’ll get another shot at offense

Reactions: LiseL

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The players have to be tuning out DJ at this point. No matter how much you like someone at the end of the day losing f***ing sucks.
Their body language says it all. I was on board with letting DJ have a little time with a good roster to get things on the right track but the body language and tangible frustration the players are feeling is pretty much the end for him.

One thing I wish he had done was make some changes on his coaching staff. Don't know why he stuck with Payne and Capuano to start the year. Might have been good to have some other perspectives or to get some guys who have no attachment to the organization to give an unfiltered view of things.

Anyway, all that to say, it's time to fire this coaching staff and get things on track.

Reactions: Pierre from Orleans

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Outside of coaching (and this is somewhat related to coaching) The players look very panicked. Like after they have a flurry of offensive and don’t score, the next shift in the defensive zone is always a disaster. People are blowing the zone the defensive is so rushed to get that puck out. Everyone scrambling. It’s like they think they’ll never get another shot again. They’re so anxious to try and score. Someone needs to reign them in. We have offensive tools. Great ones. The puck will be in our zone sometimes. The players need to realize they just need to take care of business in the d zone. They’ll get another shot at offense
Feels like their game plan is to play hard the first few minutes to get a lead and a good start. Once that fails they have no plan B. Once they get scored on they go back to trying to play hard again but with no structure.

It's like they only come out in bursts. As someone else mentioned this is a momentum based team where they live and die off of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad