Post-Game Talk: Sens lose again - 3 to 2 for the Isles

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
He's just re-establishing his manly dominance over her knowing that she really looks up to him in a professional way. Claire wants to be just like Bruce one day, professionally and physically.

On another note our goalie played well for once and I barely care.
Man she has a lot of work to do if she wants to get that physique.

Korpi played great, 1st goalie maybeish? But 100% kept them in the game and deserved the win. Sorokin is amazing, maybe the best in the league, spotting him 2 goals is suicide.

Reactions: Alex1234

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Simply put playoff teams don't lose 3 straight without atleast finding ways to get loser points. Especially against teams that you're equal or better to on paper.
Playoff teams go on little losing streaks all the time. They just follow them with bigger winning streaks.

Reactions: Agent Zub

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Maybe dj is a good coach. Perhaps he has a good system... but there is something going wrong.

Coaches don't tend to last longer than 5 years for a reason. Good coach or not, it's time to bring in a fresh voice. If that doesn't work then it will be time to subtract from the core.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Maybe dj is a good coach. Perhaps he has a good system... but there is something going wrong.

Coaches don't tend to last longer than 5 years for a reason. Good coach or not, it's time to bring in a fresh voice. If that doesn't work then it will be time to subtract from the core.

Regardless if he was good at some point in time, which I do think he was, unfortunately every single coach ever has a best before date. It’s just human nature to get comfortable as a player. Look at the longest tenured coaches rn in the NHL and DJ is near the summit. The difference with the others is that there’s no valid explanation why compared to someone like Cooper or Sullivan

I do think he was a major reason why the team is so tight knit emotionally on and off the ice which is huge.. but definitely time to move on

This team is at a point where they need someone to help them mature into a championship team and I don’t think that’s DJ

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I mean Julien Gallant Roy and maybe Q are all still available.

I think letting the players have one last chance with DJ was fine since coaches like this are still available

Now is the time, you have seen the same show for 5 years
What will happen is all of the other bad teams will fire their coaches, take all of those guys and we will be screwed.

Unless Andlauer has balls of steel.

Reactions: Bileur

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Players are too comfortable with their (poor) play and game. A coaching change would automatically put them on high alert, at least for some games. It is then the quality of the coach that decides about the future (but there are quite a few coaches I would rate higher than DJ).

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Never seen the board react like this. Even the most balanced and thoughtful posters have had it. I've only been here for a couple years, has it happened before? I'm not trying to dig at old wounds, this seems different today.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I thought that it was an interesting game, too bad the Sens couldn’t pull off the win.

For those that have been screaming for months for DJ’s head, the team has to keep losing. What do you want, wins or more losses?

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
The f***ing walls are quickly caving in on this team and they rather just sit around and wait for something to magically happen. Can't wait for next season... "Sens have to get off to a fast start V7.0."

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I thought that it was an interesting game, too bad the Sens couldn’t pull off the win.

For those that have been screaming for months for DJ’s head, the team has to keep losing. What do you want, wins or more losses?
This has almost always been my thought process when the team goes into a spiral that eliminates them from playoff contention in the first half of the season…”Well, on the bright side this just means that Dorion and DJ will finally get canned.”

It’s happened like 3 years in a row…And yet, here we are.

Dean Brown and Gord Wilson need to go as well.
Did either of them have a take in the Pinto suspension? I’m assuming that Dean-o would be similar to Garrioch in trying to paint Pinto in the most negative light possible.

Reactions: Emrasie

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
Fake Dorion gone news
Pinto gambling
Daddy punishment
Sens lose

Perfect day couldn't have drawn it up any better.
You forgot to include an injury to one of our defencemen

@swiftwin

Swiftie,

this is year 3 of poor October/November (granted, we have yet to enter November for this season).

What do you think is causing it?

is it their training camp? too hard, too soft? too complex, too simple? and 100 other issues.

in boxing they say; Leaving it in the gym
Exactly, the slow starts are trend. Make a change before the season becomes over in November

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
This has almost always been my thought process when the team goes into a spiral that eliminates them from playoff contention in the first half of the season…”Well, on the bright side this just means that Dorion and DJ will finally get canned.”

It’s happened like 3 years in a row…And yet, here we are.

Did either of them have a take in the Pinto suspension? I’m assuming that Dean-o would be similar to Garrioch in trying to paint Pinto in the most negative light possible.
I think Dean Brown started talking about it on the pre game and still hasn't stopped talking in general up until this point.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
This. We take stupid penalties and have brutal d zone blunders and we come out flat way too often. If we come out with urgency and things don't go our way the team mentally falls apart.

That's always bothered me as well. If we come out flying and are outshooting our opponents 8-1 right away and we don't score, were going to lose because the whole team shuts down.

It's like they're only capable of being good for 5 minutes and if things don't go their way their confidence plummets and they suck.

And we don't have the goaltending to withstand those depressing times with lack of confidence.

So finally when they decide to be good again, they're down by 2 or 3.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We only lost cuz of the other goalie tho
Only reason? Of course not

A big part of the equation? Absolutely. He's one of the best goalies in the league and had an outstanding night.

All situations
4.52 xGF, 3.06 xGA, 59.67% xGF%

You could also use your eyes to see Sorokin was outstanding,

We were lucky to get as many power plays as we did, can't count on that every game, but Sorokin was the difference between us making them pay for it or not.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
After that Pinto ramble I'm so done with that greaseball him and Dorion. Dorion probably told him to say that shit. When Garrioch said "Pinto will have to come crawling back and accept something in the 800k range" like wtf man. How on earth do you say that on National TV? If I was Pinto I would tell the sens to smd I ain't crawling back for shit.

The league gave him 41 games and said that is that. So why does he have to beg for his job back? After 41 games he is allowed back
Dorion Is quite clearly mad at Pinto and his frusterstions are being echoed by Garrioch. Mad that he could have traded assets to make room. We have seen this petty behavior before.

Reactions: Emrasie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad