Sens @ Leafs - Blame people thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ttracer*

What a horrible year for Sens fans, start terrible, gain some serious ground, then slink back to the .500 peak

All I ask is the forwards to shoot the puck on odd man rushes, it's cost us atleast 5 games

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
**** does happen, but it doesn't make this loss any less upsetting.

I was fine with the loss against the Rangers being that they are the best team in the east, but this loss is harder to be fine with.

We gave up another two goal lead against the worst team in the NHL. Tyler ****ing Bozak got a hat-trick.

The Leafs always come out hard against us. Especially at home. It doesn't matter how bad they are, games against us they always show up for.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The Leafs always come out hard against us. Especially at home. It doesn't matter how bad they are, games against us they always show up for.

You know if i was a Leafs fan, i would greatly take that as a giant insult with the way they have been playing lately.

I mean they only show up for games against the Sens, but yet play careless hockey when it is other teams?

Watch the Leafs lose next game being that they will just go back to playing don't give a **** hockey.

I bet they have April 5th circled on their calenders. They will mail it in the rest of the games like they have been for lately and then surprisingly come out strong on April 5th just so they can boast about beating the Sens even though they will finish bottom 5 in the standings this season and will most likely be a bottom dweller for many seasons to come.

My hatred for the Leafs just came back in an instant.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think if there is anything I've learned about andy the last few weeks is that he is not a leader on this team / at all.

Yeah, I can definitely understand that opinion, what with all of your extensive research on the subject and close ties with the team. Why, just the other day I was thinking about sending you a PM and asking what your in-depth analysis on the mood in the locker room was like lately, specifically as it involves Craig Anderson... I'm glad you made this post, because quite honestly I had forgotten to send that PM. I guess I won't have to bother with that now, since we know factually, equivocally and without hesitation that Craig Anderson is clearly not a leader.

Because of all you have learned over the last week.

... All of that vital, obvious, and comprehensive stuff you have learned.

I mean, who better to judge who is a leader behind closed doors than Tuna99: "Senators Insider and Arbiter of All That Is Leaderesque"? No one, that's who.

Xamar*

Yeah, I can definitely understand that opinion, what with all of your extensive research on the subject and close ties with the team. Why, just the other day I was thinking about sending you a PM and asking what your in-depth analysis on the mood in the locker room was like lately, specifically as it involves Craig Anderson... I'm glad you made this post, because quite honestly I had forgotten to send that PM. I guess I won't have to bother with that now, since we know factually, equivocally and without hesitation that Craig Anderson is clearly not a leader.

I mean, who better to judge who is a leader behind closed doors than Tuna99: "Senators Insider and Arbiter of All That Is Leaderesque"? No one, that's who.

giphy.gif

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

So.Much.This.

Some people just don't get it. It's simple.

Chandler55

Mar 9, 2004
im cheering for the sens because i just know they could beat the habs in the 1st round again...with hamburgler anything can happen. and it would be hilarious to see as a leafs fan :)

boston has no chance vs the habs these days

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
There does appear to be an issue in that the guys have been playing differently in front of Anderson then in front of Hammond.

I really hope Cameron has a plan in mind to snap the boys out of it, get them working hard again.

The run was amazing, but that win% was obviously unsustainable.

I think most people here understood that their were going to be numerous losses down "Dat Wildcard" stretch, but there is definitely and undercurrent I see in the fanbase that suggests a fair number of people were labouring under the incorrect belief that the Sens were just going to run the table.. the last 20+ games.. basically undefeated.. which is insanity.

That said, I also think most people understand the losses are coming, but you don't want the losses to be **** losses.. you want to get beat. The recent Bruins game we lost was a case in point. You just got beat, by a competitive team. The Rangers game was another. You got beat by a better team along with a poor effort. Losing to the absolutely terribad Maple Leafs , in a game that you had in hand.. is very hard to accept.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

lol.....damn!

There's so much dripping sarcasm there my entire desk is drenched in it. :laugh:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Do leaders literally cry to the reporters when they are injured?

I guess this is you thinking your being smart by not having an opinion an thinking yourself as smart by not trusting what your eyes are telling you when you watch this team, let me tell you, it's okayo have an opinion - don't be hard on yourself, what you are seeing on the ice is probably what is happening, truest your eyes, don't think you don't know what's happening just because you don't have Karlsson on speed dial

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
what the **** is anderson doing so far out of the net all the damn time? i mean, i know dick all about hockey but when he's three feet out of the net it must be hard to stop pucks from going in, mustnt it?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Man, I'm still mad that we lost that game... :cry:

Anyway, back to back game, with a team that is clearly playing tired and dealing with injuries (not just players out of the line-up but also players playing through injury): maybe bring in Cowen for Gryba, and maybe even Greening for Smith against Florida?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Bingo,our kids got a taste of what Toronto is like against us .They must play games against them like its game 7 of a cup final.Because they do ,out hit 27 to 39 come on :nod:

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I've played the position and understand as a goalie you make choices. Generally the correct choice is to play the shot and have your dman handle the pass. I also recognize that their are some save the are impossible to make if you are in the correct position. The brain can only react so fast to send signals to the muscles to move themselves. You'll see alot of the time goalies guess and dont react based on shots because its impossible. The team shouldnt force a goalie to guess.

Lets also remember Hammond has shown below average goaltending is whole career and very recently. It would be foolish to expect his reaction time to be better then a seasoned NHL vet who deals with these type of plays regularly as hes regularly played on poor defensive teams. We also know by watching him that his rebound control isnt that great and its a very real possibility he creates more opportunities for the opposition then anderson.

Not bashing Hammond but hes shown me nothing to indicate he can make the saves you think he can make

you've played the position ? nice you and choc mod... its not like ive captained teams before many times or anything or played hockey for 30 + years, BUT I'd take Hammonds wanting to play injured attitude over Andersons 'im close' with Hammond injured in the BIGGEST game of the season, any day of the week. The last thnig anyone wants to hear is 'im close'. if im a teammate or a captain im having a serious discussion with Anderson, not that it'll change his mind or anything... musta been the magic of modern medicine that got him from 'im close', even though Hamond cant walk' to I'm in 1 day later...
I don't wanna hear my #1 goalie saying that .... its utter bs... either youre in or youre out... **** or get off the pot... full credit and a few respect points for at least trying last night.... hopefully he's not banged up again after that shot barrage and people falling on top of him...

Last edited:

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Just watched the replay of Zibanejad's delay of game penalty. Right away the linesman is calling a tip but the ref over-rules? He's behind the play, I'd think that the linesman had the better angle on that and that if there was any question it isn't called. Anyone seen a better angle than the CBC feed?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I don't know, do leaders get mashed potatoes or french fries with their chicken parm?

Do leaders like 80's Chevy Chase movies? Do they take Buckleys or Vicks vapo-rub?

Not really sure what they do in their private time, but of they did hold a press conference and cry about the lack of fries or movies then I would take that into account.

Can you name one NHL player you've seen cry - mate Joe Corvo years ago in Ottawa

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Didnt follow any of the 'during game gdt', so I'm gonna do some reading now... I'm sure there will be lotsa chuckles in this one...

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
The Senators have some explaining to do. Not just to the people of Ottawa, but the entire nation.

The only event I can compare this loss, is to Hitler winning in Stalingrad vs. the Russians in 1943. this loss is that significant.

However, unlike what happened on the Eastern Front, this time the 'bad guys' won.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
The Senators have some explaining to do. Not just to the people of Ottawa, but the entire nation.

The only event I can compare this loss, is to Hitler winning in Stalingrad vs. the Russians in 1943. this loss is that significant.

However, unlike what happened on the Eastern Front, this time the 'bad guys' won.

Wait, what?

Also, it's a bit early for this thread to succumb to Godwin's Law. It's just as well, though.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I'd say the post of the game was when someone was questioning how that fat Kessel guy could be so fast, someone said ' the gravity that envelops his body acts like a slingshot ' mighta been 2Cowen who said that..

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
I'm beginning to wonder if the team dislikes both Anderson and Lehner. They just don't seem sot play well in front of either of them

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
The Leafs didn't play like complete garbage for once, that's all that really happened.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
On the lighter side of life, you gotta check out Subban losing an edge and taking out Price leaving the net wide open, and Price a little shook up...last night vs Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad