Sens @ Leafs - Blame people thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Do leaders literally cry to the reporters when they are injured?

I guess this is you thinking your being smart by not having an opinion an thinking yourself as smart by not trusting what your eyes are telling you when you watch this team, let me tell you, it's okayo have an opinion - don't be hard on yourself, what you are seeing on the ice is probably what is happening, truest your eyes, don't think you don't know what's happening just because you don't have Karlsson on speed dial

Esposito literally cried that the fans booed team Canada at the summit series. Leaders do lots of things, including show their emotions. It's actually a sign that they are invested in the team.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Leafs Suck!

It's all the master plan to "just make the Playoffs" and more importantly not give the Leafs a chance at McDavid!

Sponsored by McDonalds!

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
What a horrible year for Sens fans, start terrible, gain some serious ground, then slink back to the .500 peak

All I ask is the forwards to shoot the puck on odd man rushes, it's cost us atleast 5 games

A horrible year I am not sure how when going into this season Ottawa was projected to be a bottom 5 team this year by no means was horrible.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
you've played the position ? nice you and choc mod... its not like ive captained teams before many times or anything or played hockey for 30 + years, BUT I'd take Hammonds wanting to play injured attitude over Andersons 'im close' with Hammond injured in the BIGGEST game of the season, any day of the week. The last thnig anyone wants to hear is 'im close'. if im a teammate or a captain im having a serious discussion with Anderson, not that it'll change his mind or anything... musta been the magic of modern medicine that got him from 'im close', even though Hamond cant walk' to I'm in 1 day later...
I don't wanna hear my #1 goalie saying that .... its utter bs... either youre in or youre out... **** or get off the pot... full credit and a few respect points for at least trying last night.... hopefully he's not banged up again after that shot barrage and people falling on top of him...

Actually I have played the position. For many years. Anyone who knows me (including those on this board) knew that I played it competitively and I'm not some beer league superstar running my mouth.

And I'm not stupid enough to believe that what is said in the media is exactly what happens behind closed doors. Despite your inability to actually use paragraphs in your stream of consciousness, I'm more amazed that you're hung up on what a goalie says in an interview versus his actions. HE PLAYED LAST NIGHT.

It's bloody idiotic to try and make that connection and develop a narrative from it but here you are STILL going on about an interview. Let it go.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Not even the top teams can play at the pace we were going at. We HAD to lose. It was inevitable. Be worried about the response in the next few games. Forget about this one.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Not even the top teams can play at the pace we were going at. We HAD to lose. It was inevitable. Be worried about the response in the next few games. Forget about this one.

Exactly

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

Yup! While it sucks losing and stop playing in the third hopefully this is a wake up. Hopefully Boston loses today and sens win.

At the end of the day you cannot continue winning 8 games in a row. A loss was bound to happen... Although it does suck being at the game and having an 8 year old chirp you after. All in good fun... But that kids gonna be quite the leafs fan as an adult!

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

... I dare you to tell me that Wayne Gretzky wasn't a leader. I double-dog dare you.

All I see are a bunch of cry baby losers who couldn't sack up for an interview!

I'm going to follow a real leader, a guy who tells the press how much he believes in the team he captains with two simple words.

"Probably not."

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
All I see are a bunch of cry baby losers who couldn't sack up for an interview!

You know which great hockey leader never cried on camera?

Alexei Yashin. Not even a single tear the entire time he was here, even when he revoked his NAC donation, and even after three contract holdouts. Never cried once.

THAT'S leadership right there.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Do leaders literally cry to the reporters when they are injured?

I guess this is you thinking your being smart by not having an opinion an thinking yourself as smart by not trusting what your eyes are telling you when you watch this team, let me tell you, it's okayo have an opinion - don't be hard on yourself, what you are seeing on the ice is probably what is happening, truest your eyes, don't think you don't know what's happening just because you don't have Karlsson on speed dial

What?

Crying is a natural part of being human and in no way does it suggest weakness/non-leadership. In fact, it shows the passion you have for what you are doing and that is a part of leadership.

That is an insane assumption. If you have a look in the real world leaders in the Police, Firefighters, Paramedics, Doctors in the emergency room, other sports, you'd be shocked at the type of emotions that are displayed.

Do you honestly think that soldiers (who by the very nature of their work, must be leaders in some capacity) don't shed a tear when their squad mate gets shot down? Are you discrediting their ability to be leaders because they shed a tear? Because by making that statement, it is what you are saying about leaders.

1:25

Do you even understand how hard it is to get to the rank of Sgt? It takes years of training and strong leadership, mental toughness. Yet he cries. I guess he isn't a leader then and is mentally weak

Or this?:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03/20/photo-doctor-breaks-down_n_6908178.html

"The image, which was posted to Reddit on Friday morning, shows the doctor crouched on the floor holding on to wall and offers an insight into the emotional strain placed on medical staff working in emergency rooms.

"The man pictured was unable to save one of his patients," explains NickMore911, who works as a paramedic and shared the heart-breaking image taken by his co-worker."

Jesus Christ one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read in my life

Last edited:

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Heh I don't care how much this run has energized the city, if we don't get it to the playoffs, its a Pyrrhic victory. We'll have ruined our playoff spot for very little in tangible gains, whereas we could have a shot at a very high draft pick. That could have potentially led to a lot more in the way of exciting runs that energize the fan base. I don't think my line of thinking is that outrageous. I'm just looking beyond this season.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Heh I don't care how much this run has energized the city, if we don't get it to the playoffs, its a Pyrrhic victory. We'll have ruined our playoff spot for very little in tangible gains, whereas we could have a shot at a very high draft pick. That could have potentially led to a lot more in the way of exciting runs that energize the fan base. I don't think my line of thinking is that outrageous. I'm just looking beyond this season.

If your just looking on the surface your right but deep down what this has shown is the younger players can play and we don't need guys like Neil/Philips etc the other thing is Ottawa might be appealing july 1st for some players.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I beg to differ. Your entire post is outrageous and let's face it, wrong.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I beg to differ. Your entire post is outrageous and let's face it, wrong.

I'll be a bit sad if we end up 9th. That's reality. I'll have a feeling of "what could have been" when the top 10 draftees are being selected. In that sense, I don't think the poster's opinion is, as you put it, wrong.

I do believe, however, that if we don't make it in, this run hasn't been pointless. The team has proven to us and, much more importantly, themselves, that they can be highly successful if they play the right way. We said all year there is simply too much talent to be a bottom 5 team, and now that talent is beginning to gel. We still need a few additions, but we might be much closer to contention than we thought. The youngsters are developing, and that's really what is most important.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

In a word, no.

Prior to the run we were looking at a 7-10 overall pick. If we fall short of a playoff spot we will have a 12-14 pick.

A borderline playoff team capable of a huge push plus a 14th OA pick >>>>>>>>a bottom ten team with a 7-10 OA pick. In fact, moving forward as an organization into the next few seasons, it is not even close.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
All these videos on this page is making my internet browser run so slow trying to load all of them. And the quoting of them sure doesn't help. :rant:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Roenick's showing right there is what hockey is all about. 20 years later and he still haunted by not winning the cup when he had the chance and cried on tv cause of it and was also haunted by the image of the little kid crying.

Respect to that guy.

Lol Milbury is an ass****.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Roenick's showing right there is what hockey is all about. 20 years later and he still haunted by not winning the cup when he had the chance and cried on tv cause of it and was also haunted by the image of the little kid crying.

Respect to that guy.

Absolutely.

Funny enough, I've met Roenick twice in my life (once when he was a player, once as a broadcaster), and you can say a lot of things about that guy, but he is just tremendously passionate about the game. You can tell he bleeds hockey. One of the most naturally charismatic people I've ever met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad