Sens @ Leafs - Blame people thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
We're currently 11th in PK and have been top 10 most of the year. They got a lucky deflection off a skate to score. **** happens

I just noticed the same goal location in one of the recent games. Might just be because its recent so its fresh in my memory. I agree overall the pk has been fine

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'm starting to feel that the team is playing with fire when Gryba is on the ice. I get the same feeling with Cowen and Phillips

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Would be better if this team didnt play like **** in front of Anderson!!! Cant stand Cowen but he is better than the bottom pairing at this point.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Just a horrible effort again...the boys just aren't on all cylinders like they were the last few weeks but to give up a 3-1 lead with about 8 minutes left to the Leafs has me so pissed off it isn't even funny.

2-0 and they can't pull ahead even more...then they get 3 shots in the 3rd period? That is atrocious no matter how you look at it.

Not sure what I expect to see tomorrow but hoping they can find Dr. Jekyll again...not crisp, panicking with the puck in our end and really no solid break out...

I tried to lie to myself and say it wouldn't matter when they did come back to down to earth a little bit...didn't work...if they don't find their game again and quick the rest of this schedule is not going to be fun to watch.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Craig Anderson isn't the elite goaltender some people make him out to be, but a decent starting goalie that hasn't won a thing in his career yet.

Always hovering around the same number of wins and losses. Shortened season and supposedly Vezina worthy 24 games stretch? 12 wins, 11 losses. Last year? 25 wins, 24 losses. This year? 14 wins, 20 losses.

Losses aren't directly on him, but he's no different than the rest of the team. Inconsistent, missing that next gear, not clutch enough, no killer instinct. As soon as the opposing team pushes or that things get tough, he, along with the rest of the team, usually falter. Won't shed a tear if he's traded. As hard as I try, no way I see Craig Anderson winning us 16 playoff games and lifting the cup when I close my eyes.

Roll with Lehner-Hammond, get as much as you can for Anderson. Blew the chance to roll with Bishop-Lehner when Anderson's value was at it's peak and saw something special in Conacher? There's your second chance.

You had 3 quality goaltenders at hand. A veteran that was playing out of his mind before going down and two youngsters that didn't miss the beat when they came in. Anderson's value was never going to be higher after that stretch and the drop off to Bishop-Lehner, if any, wasn't significant enough to justify keeping him and over sending a 25-26 years old starting goalie straight to a division rival for a lesser return. Really don't see the point of running with a soon to be 34 years old goaltender you know you won't be winning with when it's all said and done.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
You know the fact that the Sens made it this far is incredible. If they make the playoffs it will be damned near miraculous.

They've lost 1 game in regulation, and two in extra time in their past what, 15 or 16? And people are freaking the **** out as if this team was a lock to make the playoffs.

Bad games happen. ****** losses happen. Even to the best!

The Senators are still in control. One point back, a game in hand. Plenty of time, plenty of games.

Its ****ing amazing that they're here! People should be thrilled, but nope, gotta start blaming players and freaking the **** out.

Enjoy the god damn ride

Agreed totally!

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
It is ironic you mention short stretches, when that is EXACTLY what Hammond has accomplished.

In fact, how often does Hammond have to deal with this defense penalty shot + blown coverage ********?

Lets face facts, Lehner has SUCKED this year. Its not even close to debating.. Ottawa would be in better position if he hasnt been bad. OK goaltending is another word for saying not acceptable.

Anderson is not the problem on this team.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Craig Anderson isn't the elite goaltender some people make him out to be, but a decent starting goalie that hasn't won a thing in his career yet.

Always hovering around the same number of wins and losses. Shortened season and supposedly Vezina worthy 24 games stretch? 12 wins, 11 losses. Last year? 25 wins, 24 losses. This year? 14 wins, 20 losses.

Losses aren't directly on him, but he's no different than the rest of the team. Inconsistent, missing that next gear, not clutch enough, no killer instinct. As soon as the opposing team pushes or that things get tough, he, along with the rest of the team, usually falter. Won't shed a tear if he's traded. As hard as I try, no way I see Craig Anderson winning us 16 playoff games and lifting the cup when I close my eyes.

Roll with Lehner-Hammond, get as much as you can for Anderson. Blew the chance to roll with Bishop-Lehner when Anderson's value was at it's peak and saw something special in Conacher? There's your second chance.

You had 3 quality goaltenders at hand. A veteran that was playing out of his mind before going down and two youngsters that didn't miss the beat when they came in. Anderson's value was never going to be higher after that stretch and the drop off to Bishop-Lehner, if any, wasn't significant enough to justify keeping him and over sending a 25-26 years old starting goalie straight to a division rival for a lesser return. Really don't see the point of running with a soon to be 34 years old goaltender you know you won't be winning with when it's all said and done.

You're being kind of sneaky with the numbers.

This is his record as a Senator.

95-64-40

He's given this team the best goaltending it's ever had for a sustained period of time.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
We lost... In OT. Got a point.

After the last two months I hardly can be negative about it. We are on a run of 29 or 30 games where we failed to get a point in like 2 games?
Or something like that?

The most important thing is that Anderson was good and we played decent.

I would rather 2 points but we have no reason as fans to freak on only getting 1 or giving up hope for playoffs!

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
It's hard to enjoy the ride when you lose these kinds of games though

It's frustrating to lose to one of the worst teams ever in what was a must win game. It's frustrating to lose to one of your biggest rivals in OT when twice we had a two goal lead

Enough with the hole "enjoy the ride". There are plenty of reasons to be pissed tonight all while recognizing how awesome the team has played for the last month

The fact that we play Florida who is right behind us tomorrow is also a big concern

Totally agree with this, especially because this run has ruined our draft position. I don't care how much fun this run has been, if we don't make it into the playoffs, we threw away a chance at way better days (via a very high pick) in the future for a run where they couldn't get it done.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I guess the other frustration too is that as fans, we want to see the team show killer instinct. We want to see them put away the other team, but they didn't, and it could be so detrimental to our playoff hopes. Yeah, they got a point. I get it. But I think its the way they lost the all important second point which is so infuriating.

Othello*

Wasnt Boro the guy who let Bozak alone for that awful tap in that led to this game being close to begin with?

That's correct but Gryba started off the play by chasing Boros man and getting out of position

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Totally agree with this, especially because this run has ruined our draft position. I don't care how much fun this run has been, if we don't make it into the playoffs, we threw away a chance at way better days (via a very high pick) in the future for a run where they couldn't get it done.

That's preposterous

This run has envigorated the team and the city

Even if they miss the playoff pushing like they did will yield more positive results for next season than a non top-2 pick this year would have

We weren't going to finish low enough to get a shot at McDavid or Eichel

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
We lost... In OT. Got a point.

After the last two months I hardly can be negative about it. We are on a run of 29 or 30 games where we failed to get a point in like 2 games?
Or something like that?

The most important thing is that Anderson was good and we played decent.

I would rather 2 points but we have no reason as fans to freak on only getting 1 or giving up hope for playoffs!

I totally see this angle. I'm more frustrated by the fact that we had a lead for 35 minutes and then fell apart in last 2, against one of the worst teams in the league.

When was the last time the Leafs scored 4 goals? 15 games ago. You're talking about a leafs team that has been shutout almost 10 times this year and we allowed them to score 4 goals against us. In all honesty, that's unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad