Sens @ Leafs - Blame people thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Heh I don't care how much this run has energized the city, if we don't get it to the playoffs, its a Pyrrhic victory. We'll have ruined our playoff spot for very little in tangible gains, whereas we could have a shot at a very high draft pick. That could have potentially led to a lot more in the way of exciting runs that energize the fan base. I don't think my line of thinking is that outrageous. I'm just looking beyond this season.

Clearly you are not.

Mark Stone emerging as a star and Patrick Wierioch finding his game alone is better than no progression at all. Not to mention the player Pageau is turning into.

Cant believe people on here and they lost two games one of which they still got a point. As of right now if they win out they make the playoffs, do I expect them to win out? No but that still puts them in a better position than 8 other teams in the conference.

Have some faith people.

Big game today, Anderson looked great last night very encouraging to see! Hopefully the team finds its game again and keeps progressing.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Sack up. 30+ years of hockey playing told me so.

L'Avueglette is injured though, he can't possibly continue to post like he did when he was on his epic posting streak. How could you possibly expect him to post through such a bad injury? It's unfair, I tell you.

I mean, if anything, SixthSens needs to sack up and post through his injuries instead. Because he lacks leadership. Or something.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
L'Avueglette is injured though, he can't possibly continue to post like he did when he was on his epic posting streak. How could you possibly expect him to post through such a bad injury? It's unfair, I tell you.

I mean, if anything, SixthSens needs to sack up and post through his injuries instead. Because he lacks leadership. Or something.

Don't worry about me. I'll pull through it and keep posting my insights, which are, let's face it, crucial on this board.

I might cry a little though.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Don't worry about me. I'll pull through it and keep posting my insights, which are, let's face it, crucial on this board.

I might cry a little though.

That's what I like to hear from our posters! I asked Caeldan if he was going to post and he said "I'm close."

I mean, what's up with that?! In my 400 years of playing hockey, I never heard that!

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
and Patrick Wierioch finding his game

If patrick wiercioch has found his game he's a bust and time to move on.

I must be missing something in the games I'm watching because all this talk of Wiercioch finally hitting his stride I am really missing to see.

IMO he is slow, slow minded, defensively poor, and constantly makes the wrong play.

/edit/ ill pay extra attention to him tonight

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

I must be missing something in the games I'm watching because all this talk of Wiercioch finally hitting his stride I am really missing to see.

IMO he is slow, slow minded, defensively poor, and constantly makes the wrong play.

He's the poster child for the analytics/eye test debate.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I guess you missed the last 14 and only or only remember the last 2.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Even during the run was far from great

He was adequate which is the bare minimum you expect out of someone when the team is playing as well as it was: everybody looks good when you go 14-1-1 or whatever it was

However when he messes up it's usually catastrophic (although, to be fair, that was a weak as hell penalty shot call last night) and his speed is a huge liability

He cannot be part of the core if the team hopes to contend

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Good retort, excellent input, you changed my opinion.

Well he has been very good outside of the last two games during the run. I guess its just my opinion but the coach seems to agree when was the last time he was scratched? He solidified the 2nd pair and I think thats a big reason why the team has played well.

Did you watch the Carolina game on St Patricks day?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Even during the run was far from great

He was adequate which is the bare minimum you expect out of someone when the team is playing as well as it was: everybody looks good when you go 14-1-1 or whatever it was

However when he messes up it's usually catastrophic (although, to be fair, that was a weak as hell penalty shot call last night) and his speed is a huge liability

He cannot be part of the core if the team hopes to contend

You are so biased about Wiercioch its incredibly transparent. The fact that you dont think he was part of the reason they went on the 14-1-1 run shows how you cant look at the player objectively. I dont have personal favorites like you do, if a player plays well he should play. Again the coach seems to agree, the stats are on his side too. You also think Cowen is a good player so its hard for me to agree with your opinion.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Well he has been very good outside of the last two games during the run. I guess its just my opinion but the coach seems to agree when was the last time he was scratched? He solidified the 2nd pair and I think thats a big reason why the team has played well.

Very good is a tremendous stretch. He's been adequate for the most part and has been a tire fire the rest of the time. He's played well enough to stay in the lineup, but he's not out of the woods yet. Another game like the last two and I could be convinced he needs a nice little break in the press box.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

Yes I haven't missed a game in quite a while.

He has had a few good games here and there, but those are few and far between and his general play seems to be lacklustre, and he makes a lot of bad decisions.

If he has come into his game - as in he is reaching his potential as many have been saying - he isn't a player currently I can see the team continuing with as a 2nd pair player, and he isn't gritty enough for the third pair.

Like always, when posting negative thoughts on players I'd always love to be proven wrong in the coming year.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
you've played the position ? nice you and choc mod... its not like ive captained teams before many times or anything or played hockey for 30 + years, BUT I'd take Hammonds wanting to play injured attitude over Andersons 'im close' with Hammond injured in the BIGGEST game of the season, any day of the week. The last thnig anyone wants to hear is 'im close'. if im a teammate or a captain im having a serious discussion with Anderson, not that it'll change his mind or anything... musta been the magic of modern medicine that got him from 'im close', even though Hamond cant walk' to I'm in 1 day later...
I don't wanna hear my #1 goalie saying that .... its utter bs... either youre in or youre out... **** or get off the pot... full credit and a few respect points for at least trying last night.... hopefully he's not banged up again after that shot barrage and people falling on top of him...

None of that changes if hammond can make those saves lol. You know what other goalie did the same thing as anderson? Hasek the best goalie in NHL history. Playing injured as a goalie can **** you up. You know what happened last time anderson was forced to play injured? People said he quit on his team because he wasnt saving everything and he was traded to ottawa lol

/if you want to roll out an injured hammond who actually pulled himself from the last game because hes injured you can do that lol

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Boy was that a frustrating portion of hockey to watch. Our boys were collapsing, not keeping hard on the body, letting the Leafs skate into the zone unmolested, very frustrating.

Gryba and Weir were very underwhelming, but they are far from the sole reason we lost. A really poor way to lose.

It could be worse though, guys. You could have pink eye.

I have pink eye.

28a9fd26a3f0169b64d341ee5b34f242.jpg

:pillow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5.00
    Event closes