Sens @ Leafs - Blame people thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
That's correct but Gryba started off the play by chasing Boros man and getting out of position

Who do we have that can replace Gryba on RD? I dont like most of our bottom pairing d-men and I cant stand Cowen, but seeing the end of this game makes me believe he could have done better than the #5-6 playing tonight.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
IMO our weakness was not 3rd pairing.

It's not having veteran presence and legit presence with Ceci.

Wier is nice and all but we need a legit number 3 D. Wier is still a struggling 4/5 guy.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
IMO our weakness was not 3rd pairing.

It's not having veteran presence and legit presence with Ceci.

Wier is nice and all but we need a legit number 3 D. Wier is still a struggling 4/5 guy.

Rebuilding team, better Wier than Cowen on the 2nd pairing. It would be nice to have Sekera magically appear on that pairing, but it ain't gonna happen.

Our team can't afford the blunders that happened this game, and it could very well cost them(the season).

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
That's preposterous

This run has envigorated the team and the city

Even if they miss the playoff pushing like they did will yield more positive results for next season than a non top-2 pick this year would have

We weren't going to finish low enough to get a shot at McDavid or Eichel

Well it invigorated the city to a certain degree. We still don't sell out home games

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That's preposterous

This run has envigorated the team and the city

Even if they miss the playoff pushing like they did will yield more positive results for next season than a non top-2 pick this year would have

We weren't going to finish low enough to get a shot at McDavid or Eichel

Agreed.

As disappointing as the last two games were, in the overall picture, this run will really pay dividends down the road.

....but man, was this game ever disappointing. Just....yuck.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
You know what? Blowing leads isn't isolated to Ottawa. Boston managed to lose to Buffalo AND blow a lead against Anaheim in a critical game.

**** happens. It just happened tonight.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well it invigorated the city to a certain degree. We still don't sell out home games

The run doesn't make CTC any easier to get to

Nota Bene: I think getting to CTC isn't a big deal but a lot of people feel that it is. The run isn't going to change the majority's mind and now that the team doesn't give away as many tickets and whatnot, I wouldn't expect sellouts on a regular basis. They will only happen for big games or against Montreal/Toronto.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Totally agree with this, especially because this run has ruined our draft position. I don't care how much fun this run has been, if we don't make it into the playoffs, we threw away a chance at way better days (via a very high pick) in the future for a run where they couldn't get it done.

Here we go.

Be sure to wear a throat guard if you are ever around Bonk and start talking crap like this.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
You're being kind of sneaky with the numbers.

This is his record as a Senator.

95-64-40

He's given this team the best goaltending it's ever had for a sustained period of time.

No. Craig Anderson should be strung from a tree in the market and pelted with rotten fruit for having the audacity to play goal for this franchise!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
About time someone nationally started pointing out how dumb some Sens fans are...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Technically Amderson is a good goalie no doubt, but the team does not play with any poise in front of him. For evidence see the last 2 seasons.

This isn't a Anderson made this save argument, this is what is going on with the other 18 skaters on the ice. To me the team does not play with confidence when Anderson is in net and they especially seem to play down to their completion with him in net.

Some teams have goalies that fit, others don't. Anderson doesn't seem to fit in Ottawa anymore, for whatever reason this team cannot beat teams they are supposed to beat when he is in the net (they can't beat good teams either but I'm more concerned about the team playing down to their competiton which has been their m.o. For to long with him in the crease)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Technically Amderson is a good goalie no doubt, but the team does not play with any poise in front of him. For evidence see the last 2 seasons.

This isn't a Anderson made this save argument, this is what is going on with the other 18 skaters on the ice. To me the team does not play with confidence when Anderson is in net and they especially seem to play down to their completion with him in net.

Some teams have goalies that fit, others don't. Anderson doesn't seem to fit in Ottawa anymore, for whatever reason this team cannot beat teams they are supposed to beat when he is in the net (they can't beat good teams either but I'm more concerned about the team playing down to their competiton which has been their m.o. For to long with him in the crease)

Or maybe they just have too much confidence in him. They don't play with poise because they assume that he will make the key saves and what not.

Just look at how the Rangers players played in front of Lundqvist in his first game back. They did not play with any poise and Lundqvist got lit up because of it.

It is all a mental game. They played poised in front of Hammond because he was a ahl goalie with awful stats.

This team needs to change its mentality. Don't just assume that Anderson will make all the key saves.

I would hope this game serves as a lesson for the Sens, but i extremely doubt it being that this type of game has already happened before.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
About time someone nationally started pointing out how dumb some Sens fans are...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Also, is there a more self-hating fan base in the NHL then Ottawa? It's as if we are not supposed to care or have opinions an just watch the team 365 days a year without thinking or caring, just pay for your tickets and don't have an opinion, that's what the TV is for, they'll tell you what to think of your team

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Or maybe they just have too much confidence in him. They don't play with poise because they assume that he will make the key saves and what not.

Just look at how the Rangers players played in front of Lundqvist in his first game back. They did not play with any poise and Lundqvist got lit up because of it.

It is all a mental game. They played poised in front of Hammond because he was a ahl goalie with awful stats.

This team needs to change its mentality. Don't just assume that Anderson will make all the key saves.

If that is the explanation and it totally could be then Anderson is not a good fit, whatever is going on with the 18 skaters when he is in the net isn't workif and they need to find a goalie that gets the team focused and can lead, I think if there is anything I've learned about andy the last few weeks is that he is not a leader on this team / at all. Good player, didn't fit anymore

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

This team needs to collect their ***** from the loss to the Rangers and start ****ing playing again. This loss to Toronto was all about Ottawa letting them back in it... Anderson, Hammond, Lehner, Dreidger... it does not ****ing matter who plays in net. Some of the **** I saw happen was ridiculous. It's like they need to be in 9th place until they play Boston again or something. They sure haven't handled having a playoff spot very well.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Also, is there a more self-hating fan base in the NHL then Ottawa? It's as if we are not supposed to care or have opinions an just watch the team 365 days a year without thinking or caring, just pay for your tickets and don't have an opinion, that's what the TV is for, they'll tell you what to think of your team

No, the article and CL are both correct. This fan base is idiotic. What will be our next excuse when our goalie stands on his head. The veterans like Legwand need to take hold of this team and say hey, get your head out your ass and start playing like we were the last 17 games.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
**** happens. Teams lose games. This run we've been on coming down to earth was gonna happen. It isn't Anderson's fault for this loss. The the guys in front of him weren't exactly awesome.

We'll see how they rebound tomorrow.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
**** happens. Teams lose games. This run we've been on coming down to earth was gonna happen. It isn't Anderson's fault for this loss. The the guys in front of him weren't exactly awesome.

We'll see how they rebound tomorrow.

**** does happen, but it doesn't make this loss any less upsetting.

I was fine with the loss against the Rangers being that they are the best team in the east, but this loss is harder to be fine with.

We gave up another two goal lead against the worst team in the NHL. Tyler ****ing Bozak got a hat-trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad