Post-Game Talk: Sens/Isles PGT - "Holy Gonchar, Batman!" Edition

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
great win! i missed most of the game due to floor hockey, but i got home, turned on the t.v. and hear dean yelling. the game winner. woot woot.

reading the gdt, ap was putting on her (umad?) best AT impression

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I rewatched that moment 10 times on GCL and I'm fairly certain Visnovsky hit it first and it bounced off Silf's stick.
Ref was standing 10 feet from there and he was about to blow the play down (he raised his arm with the whistle) and once he saw who hit it first he put it away.

Are you an expert :)

From what angle could you tell that. The TV showed it from the rear behind Silfv while he was stretching out to try and touch it and the down low ref had a clear view. The lineman was right on top of the play too. Did they show a better angle anywhere else? I didn't see it and only went by the refs reaction.

I saw the replay.

I was watching the Isles feed, they made a point to re-show it six times from multiple angles out of outrage at the call. They finally ended up showing an angle that was basically perpendicular to the play. Silfv touched it just before Vis got his stick there. At normal speed from the broadcast angle, it looks really close.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I saw the replay.

I was watching the Isles feed, they made a point to re-show it six times from multiple angles out of outrage at the call. They finally ended up showing an angle that was basically perpendicular to the play. Silfv touched it just before Vis got his stick there. At normal speed from the broadcast angle, it looks really close.

I was watching the Isles feed as well, they spent pretty much the rest of the game showing highlights of that high stick, from every angle imaginable. Ad nauseum.

Silf touched it first, though it was so close I can understand why the ref might have made the mistake on the play.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
And if a puck hitting the safety nets in early February had been properly called dead, we wouldn't have lost our Norris-winning 22-year old star defenseman for the rest of the year.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I was watching the Isles feed as well, they spent pretty much the rest of the game showing highlights of that high stick, from every angle imaginable. Ad nauseum.

Silf touched it first, though it was so close I can understand why the ref might have made the mistake on the play.

I'll check their forum to see if some angry Isle fan posts their angle of the replay.

So let me interpret what you are saying then. Tonight the refs weren't biased against us they are just incompetent. :naughty:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Zibanjed caused that last goal to happen. He destroyed some guy in the boards, corralled the puck and the rest was history.

Zibanejad and Silfverberg looked dangerous every time they were on the ice.

Silfverberg's deflection was disgusting. Pure skill.

The f***ing future baby.

Milan the God*

It was a clear high stick and Silfverberg clearly touched the puck first. I have no problem admitting that and admitting it was a messup by the refs.

However, that's not the reason they lost. They could have still defended the last minute goal, or better yet, played better so they wouldn't be blowing third period two goal leads. They had six powerplays to our one. One was for a player running into Gryba's stick, and one for hitting someone shoulder on shoulder.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Zibanejad was buzzing that whole 3rd period. Almost scored but Hickey made a great defensive play. Big part of that GWG. He and Silfverberg have something going.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
164101077_slide.jpg

Lol Zibby. Does he ever show emotion?

If Greening is the Cyborg, then Zibby is a full out robot.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'll check their forum to see if some angry Isle fan posts their angle of the replay.

So let me interpret what you are saying then. Tonight the refs weren't biased against us they are just incompetent. :naughty:

It's how I feel every night.

I don't think (except for maybe in the most extreme cases) that refs are biased against any team. I just think, for the most part, NHL referees are grossly incapable of calling NHL games properly. I think the game has just got too fast for a lot of them. There's so much that can happen in just a second of game-play.

I hate the refereeing we have these days, but I don't see how it's going to get any better anytime soon, either.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
So how long did the Silf-Regin-Zbad line play together? And im assuming they served as the 2nd line right?

Im at a ****** hotel and missed the whole game due to equally ****** wifi.

I mentioned forming that line a couple games ago...you can check my post history lol.

Regin gets a lot of hate on this forum for some reason, but I think hes a very solid 3rd line center, and if he bulks up his shoulder, he could possibly be a 2C imo. He can bring more offense than hes shown as well, its just hard to be consistent when you're injured / moved around so much.

That's just a solid line all around. Good passing, speed, hockey iq, defense, etc. they can do it all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad