Post-Game Talk: Sens/Isles PGT - "Holy Gonchar, Batman!" Edition

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
So when are we allowed to start saying the Sens might actually be Cup contenders? This team just KEEPS WINNING. They are 6th in the league, and before the playoffs will be adding a top 10 centre, a legit 1st line winger, and arguably the best goalie in the league. How many other top 10 teams in the NHL have that to look forward to?

Imagine if this team had Karlsson? Hell, at this rate we should be favourites next year.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Gonchar has value beyond his play. Helped make EK the scorer he is and is probably helping Weir quite a bit.

Him racking up points is an added bonus. Praise Gonch!

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I worked hard all game, whad up?

59962210101695386508922.jpg

2CHHHHAAAAIIIIIINNNNNZZZZZ

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Wiercioch with 3 points. He's tied for 5th in overall rookie scoring and is 1 point back of Schultz for tops in rookie D scoring. #Sens

Steve LLoyd

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Gonchar has been unreal as of late... kind of reminds me of his old self in Pittsburgh. Nearing a PPG pace.

That GWG was really reminiscent of classic Gonch, the thought crossed my mind right when he scored it.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Wow, someone who can put himself in the other fans shoes. Refreshing. Isles fans will agree you were getting the short end of the penalty calls earlier, but what could have been a game winning goal by the Isles and what was the game winning call by the Sens were 100% clear game deciding calls. I am done with my ranting now. Sens fans would be ranting also if they took a loss on calls like that.

My mother taught me empathy was a virtue. That or I'm a sociopath who's learned how to fake empathy.

I thought Zibby let defenceman touch it first.

Zibby knocked it and Silfv actually beat Visnovsky to the puck by a fraction of a second. The Isles cams slowed it down and it was pretty clear.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
If anyone missed it, this was Denis Potivn's reaction to Gryba's penalty:

And Gonchar was a +5

Last edited by a moderator:

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
Easy win :sarcasm:

My though on the game:

-We played like ****
-Gonchar is a ****ing Allstar
-4 AHL D next game? Really?reallyreally?

source

Jul 13, 2008
Gonchar has value beyond his play. Helped make EK the scorer he is and is probably helping Weir quite a bit.

Him racking up points is an added bonus. Praise Gonch!

That's great if he's a mentor and all, but first and foremost we signed him because he's a kick ass defenceman.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This team is unbelievable

I think this win was 60% luck, 40% Nabakov, but still.....WOW

This team continues to find a way to win games, even in bad games

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Refs were bad and they should feel bad.

Games like these cheapen the league, it was a clown show of bad calls that impacted the game in a big way. The punchline that is NHL officiating continues...

I feel for Islanders fans. We would be livid if the same calls happened to us.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I remember when people were ******** all over Gonchar 2 years ago along with Phillips. Those two have been arguably our two most important skaters this season.

That said anyone else feel like Silfverberg has been our best forward for the last 3 - 4 games and is really starting to look like the guy that absolutely dominated the SEL? Obviously he still needs more time...but he seems to be everywhere lately. Defensively top notch, always reading the play, one of the best shots in the league (crazy skilled deflection goal today) and always putting pressure on the other team.

Zibanejad + Silfverberg on the same line has been amazing. They have great chemistry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad