Post-Game Talk: Sens/Isles PGT - "Holy Gonchar, Batman!" Edition

Milan the God*

I don't feel bad for the Islanders here.

They had six powerplays to our one. They had a two goal lead in the third period. They called a high-stick for diving into Gryba's stick and a normal Kassian hit "roughing".

They sucked in the third and it cost them a game. When you get outscored 4-0 in the third the blame of the loss is on you.

sensageddon

Feb 24, 2013
Now with Meth out BM needs to throw some money at Gonch. Could mean a cup in OTT next year.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I feel for the NYI fans though. Calls might've gone their way but the amount of ass ****ing they got from that "distinct" kicking motion and no call on the high stick literally lost the game for them.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
"Chris Phillips walked by me on his way off the ice and said "Make sure you hashtag it Pesky Sens."" - Ian Mendes' Twitter

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
tumblr_mi659uAv2q1rm0sepo1_500.gif

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I feel for the NYI fans though. Calls might've gone their way but the amount of ass ****ing they got from that "distinct" kicking motion and no call on the high stick literally lost the game for them.

I find it hard to "feel" for any other team than ours with all the injuries we have to battle through. And Methot being out now makes me completely impervious to any sympathy for the Isles.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
SENATORS WIN!! They win there 3rd inna row and extend there point streak to 6 games with either getting the loser point or win. They showed some excellent grit and character coming back from a 3-1 deficit to eventually take the game 5-3. The backend played a big role is the winning of this game as Patty Wiercioch had 3 helpers, Benoit had a helper, Gonchar had a goal and 2 assists and Phillips was great in the shut down role. Lattendresse, Smith, Silfverberg and Matt Kassian's 1st as a Senator scored our goals. Bishop played good enough to get us the win and once again we fight against the odds and perservere. Great job boys!

Also congrats to Alffy on 1100! :)

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

They were up 3-1 at one point. They had many PP opportunities. They had chances.

It's their fault for being in a position to be able to blame calls in the first place.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Weircioch and Gonch were impressive tonight. I really hope Methot comes back soon. On a side note: Latendresse now as 5 points in 5 games since coming back from injury. He's been playing pretty well too.

Lonnie Loach

Feb 2, 2004
New York, NY
Gryba is a young player who will show inconsistency in his game. From where I sit, he's been very, very good in his role this year -- an unexpected (pleasant) surprise in a season full of surprises.

Let's not forget Cowen was awful in a few games last year, and had to have his minutes reduced for a good stretch of games.

Unfortunately, rolling 5 D tonight did not give the Sens that option, but I have no doubt that given an option this coaching staff will properly manage his minutes.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I find it hard to "feel" for any other team than ours with all the injuries we have to battle through. And Methot being out now makes me completely impervious to any sympathy for the Isles.

Exactly. Every other team in the league has an advantage to us from the get-go because of how battered with injuries we are. I won't feel bad about a missed call or two.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
To those asking if Zbad high sticked the puck just before the goal. I reviewed the play and the answer is yes. However: The rule reads
80.1 High-sticking the Puck – Batting the puck above the normal height of the shoulders with a stick is prohibited. When a puck is struck with a high stick and subsequently comes into the possession and control of a player from the offending team (including the player who made contact with the puck), either directly or deflected off any player or official,there shall be a whistle.

When a puck has been contacted by a high stick, the play shall be permitted to continue, provided that:

(i) the puck has been batted to an opponent (when a player bats the puck to an opponent, the Referee shall give the “washout†signal immediately. Otherwise, he will stop the play).

What some may not have seen is that Visnovsky #11 for the NYI swiped at and touched the puck before losing it in a stick on stick fight with Silfv and then Zbad picked it up and the play continues. The ref didn't do a washout sign but you can see him point towards the players he looks like he yelled something. It was close between Silfv and Visnovsky but the ref and linesman both had a clear view of the play and obviously ruled that Visnovsky touched the puck first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad